Author Topic: Hey Ruger ....................  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Chicago Dude

Hey Ruger ....................
« on: June 16, 2018, 05:15:01 PM »
Hey Ruger, please give my regards to genius who made you stamp "Read Instruction Manual" on the side of the barrel of your 357 LCRx.
Because of that moron you lost my business.
Hello S&W 686 (who was smart enough to engrave only "S&W .357 Magnum" on the side of their barrel). 

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Hey Ruger ....................
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 05:22:24 PM »
Bwahhahahahaha! You can't have Ruger take away the warning roll marks. It's been a running joke for years that you could sit around the campfire in the evenings and read the owners manual from the sides of your Ruger. Camping would become so boring.

I do like my S&W 586 though without the warning label.

Offline TheFlood

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 05:59:50 PM »
Hey Ruger, please give my regards to genius who made you stamp "Read Instruction Manual" on the side of the barrel of your 357 LCRx.
Hello S&W 686 (who was smart enough to engrave only "S&W .357 Magnum" on the side of their barrel).

If they only took that off their guns...SMH they'd be so much better!!

Ron M.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 06:14:49 PM »
What's stamped on it has no bearing on function. Seeing as my LCR lives in an IWB holster and when I shoot it I'm looking at the sight, I really don't care about RTM being on the gun.

The Guardian

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 06:32:31 PM »
I tend to agree that less is more in regards to "Billboarding"  >:( of guns......Dan Wesson does it right, about as minimal as you can get......they should be a model to the industry as a whole

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 06:35:50 PM »
 I think the warnings are pretty much the most interesting thing about Ruger pistols.  O0

The Guardian

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 06:38:47 PM »
I think the warnings are pretty much the most interesting thing about Ruger pistols.  O0

;D ;D ;D ......no truer words could be spoken!

Offline TheFlood

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 06:45:18 PM »
I tend to agree that less is more in regards to "Billboarding"  >:( of guns......Dan Wesson does it right, about as minimal as you can get......they should be a model to the industry as a whole

It bleep well needs to be the standard.  Some of these gun makers are getting stupid.  (fires without a magazine inserted) Why did that need to be printed on the gun?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 07:49:07 PM »
If I wanted a billboard, I would buy a billboard.

READ OWNERS MANUAL
and
GRIP ZONE

are both billboards found on firearms.

Yea GRIP ZONE! Who's the idiot who thought we couldn't figure out were to hold the gun? :o

Offline sparkyv

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 08:12:06 AM »
Never really noticed it.  ::)
Μολὼν λαβέ
NRA Life Member

Offline Wiskytango

• Learn To Swim - MJK
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 06:15:12 PM »

LOL!!! That?s hilarious, but I agree. Tacky AF.
Learn To Swim -MJK

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 03:47:41 PM »
So, I am stoked -
I just ordered an LCP II for $195.49, shipped!!!! After transfer and back ground check fees, I will have ~$213.00 in it.

Although I have never been a .380 fan, I think this will be a great pocket carry option. Plus, I only did it to see how much writing they could put on that tiny little gun ;D
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline copemech

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 01:04:41 AM »
So, I am stoked -
I just ordered an LCP II for $195.49, shipped!!!! After transfer and back ground check fees, I will have ~$213.00 in it.

Although I have never been a .380 fan, I think this will be a great pocket carry option. Plus, I only did it to see how much writing they could put on that tiny little gun ;D

I like mine! O0

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 02:05:55 AM »
If I ever get out of the hole I'm in I want a EC9s, and I probably won't care about the billboard. But I do have to say - it is not as tacky as what Century does to the poor milsurps they import. Their "electro-penned" engravings are destructive, ugly, misspelled, rusting and nasty, always in the most visible spot to ruin the aesthetics of a fine milsurp. Blecchh....

Zeebz

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 01:03:16 PM »
I don't get what the big deal is about putting a warning on the gun.  Some writing on the gun doesn't have any effect at all on the function of it.  That's probably one of the silliest reasons I've heard for not buying a gun.

To add to that, not everyone who buys a firearm is an expert on firearms.  That writing can serve as a reminder to someone who isn't as knowledgeable on firearms to open the manual and read about the safety features, assembly/disassembly, and other parts of the gun.  You can't assume everyone is an expert.

anything