Author Topic: RAMI recoil spring assembly  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Erratikmind

RAMI recoil spring assembly
« on: July 02, 2018, 06:49:31 PM »
The complete RAMI recoil spring assembly is now available at CGW.

Offline ssqman

Re: RAMI recoil spring assembly
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 06:51:13 PM »
Thanks. They won't last long.
No, Google is not my friend

Offline Erratikmind

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 06:57:51 PM »
Thanks. They won't last long.

You?re quite welcome.

I ordered 3 of them. I already have 3 extra of the outer springs in my parts bin.

Offline charlestheforth

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 07:04:54 PM »
Good advice I saw from someone on here was to use the wolff spring for the Kimber ultra carry .45 as the rami outer spring.  They're slightly stiffer than the factory spring but I've put 4-500 rounds through mine and they work great and lessen the recoil substantially.   (Plus they're always in Stock lol)

Offline charlestheforth

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 07:06:19 PM »
*^^ 4-500 rounds through the rami using the wolff Kimber ultra carry recoil spring I should have said.

Offline charlestheforth

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 11:44:00 AM »
Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the captive recoil spring in the assembly?  Ive only been able to changbe the outer spring.    I use the kimber ultra carry wolff springs and I love them, theyre a little stiffer and really make the recoil feel like nothing.   Id love to be able to use the wolff springs as the inside spring too but ive never been able to get it apart.  Did CZ change something because I saw a forum on here before about how you can just snap the cap off, but ive never been able to figure it out

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 09:00:58 PM »
I have a couple of springs for an Ultra Kimber. I'm going to try it!

Offline Ruber

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 10:12:09 PM »
My RAMI is from ?04 (has the front serrations).  Changing the inner spring is really easily done by using a dinner fork to press down on the spring to release pressure on the washer enough that it can slide off.  Don?t know what changed or when or why, but I?m not letting go of that setup.

Offline charlestheforth

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 01:11:19 PM »
I have a couple of springs for an Ultra Kimber. I'm going to try it!

One thing I left off is it takes about 10 mins of bending with a couple pairs of plyers to get the one end of the spring to be flat.  You Def need to do that or it won't work.  It doesn't need to be perfect,  but if you can get that spring so it will stand on that end, it will function flawlessly.   
I am so much happier with my rami using these kimber springs.  It makes the gelt recoil significantly  less.  It was honestly night and day in my case

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 09:53:33 PM »
Okay, so one end of my Kimber spring is closed and the other end is open. So, I need close the open end enough to have i stand on that end,right?I sure willdo that ! Thanks.

Offline charlestheforth

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 11:51:35 PM »
exactly.  Take the open end of the spring and bend it down so that it looks similar to the closed end.  I found this was easiest with 2 pairs of pliers.
The already closed end is slightly smaller & the exact same size as the guide rod assembly, so make sure you put that end over the guide rod.