Author Topic: Diamondhead Micro-D BUIS / Troy Micro Sets  (Read 1735 times)

Offline clwhiteasian34

Diamondhead Micro-D BUIS / Troy Micro Sets
« on: July 07, 2018, 08:26:31 PM »
https://www.diamondhead-usa.com/collections/integrated-sighting-system/products/diamondhead-micro-d-diamond-integrated-sighting-system-black-for-pof-and-raised-rail-systems-only
https://troyind.com/backup-iron-sights/folding/micro-sets

Anyone heard of or had experiece with these? I know they are reputable companies that do some nice manufacturing high quality equipment. Both personal experience and from what I've seen. Everyone here has issues with height over bore due to optics/iron sights for one reason or other.

Pros:
Alloy
Foldable/Low Profile
Meant For Raised Rails
Standard Front Post

Cons:
Cost$$$

I for one don't sell anything I build. So the investment to have a low profile BUIS that I don't have to work optics around and can put a tritium post in seems like an overall win. Plus I think they look pretty cool too.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 08:47:04 PM by clwhiteasian34, Reason: New information »

Offline 3guneric

Re: Diamondhead Micro-D BUIS / Troy Micro Sets
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 07:33:40 PM »
Like Oskar Shindler said,  "Good things cost money."  Can never go wrong w/ Troy.  Just put one of their AK forward lower hand guards on a rifle - it is sweet.

Offline 87CZ75

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 02:03:13 AM »
I've had a set of troy micro HK style flip ups on my AUG for several years and I like them.  They have held zero the entire time and I think they look good on the rifle as well.  I think they might be slightly tall for use with a factory EVO stock, but may work with some of the aftermarket options.  Just my two cents.
Czechnology Collector

Offline 3guneric

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 04:28:13 AM »
John A:  Went to your link, red the article, and thought about it.  I am satisfied w/ Mr. Troy's statement.  I closely followed the events at Ruby Ridge, as they were in progress, and afterward.  The employee in question was not the discredited Lon Horiuchi.    I will continue to use Troy products but thanks for the information.  I often wonder where people end up years after major events like Ruby Ridge.

Offline clwhiteasian34

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 10:24:34 PM »
I've had a set of troy micro HK style flip ups on my AUG for several years and I like them.  They have held zero the entire time and I think they look good on the rifle as well.  I think they might be slightly tall for use with a factory EVO stock, but may work with some of the aftermarket options.  Just my two cents.

Thanks for input. they look like they are a little taller than the cz buis. if you have both, a picture of both mounted on pic rail would really help. even throw on a standard buis would be cool with all 3! I'm just curious. even if the micros sit as low as the cz when folded would be nice. then it gives options for 1/3 or co-witness without distracting from red dot.

Offline clwhiteasian34

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 10:30:20 PM »
The same TROY that had hired one of the Ruby Ridge snipers?

https://bearingarms.com/ba-staff/2013/08/27/troy-asymmetric-defends-hire-of-ruby-ridge-sniper/

I've been on this earth long enough to know that any big business has skeletons in closet or shaded work practices... that's business! bleep one company because of who they hire??? Look at how many employees Walmart  screws... its business and economics.

Offline TheFlood

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 05:50:07 PM »
Holy lord the price!!!!! That's brutal!  They would look great on the Scorpion but the price is so yuge!!!

Offline clwhiteasian34

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 08:34:27 PM »
Holy lord the price!!!!! That's brutal!  They would look great on the Scorpion but the price is so yuge!!!

Priorities. Hard to swallow, yes but if they have alot of benefits. Look at what people pay for "mil-spec" battle grade optics, SBRs, silencers, tax stamps, triggers, paint jobs...? I guess it's just where you choose to spend.