Author Topic: Searching for the elusive unicorn! The CZ 97BD  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Shootinisfun

Searching for the elusive unicorn! The CZ 97BD
« on: July 08, 2018, 05:26:56 PM »
Hello all,

Looks like the last posts on availability of the "unicorn," the CZ 97BD, is over a year old now.  Basically no one seems to have them now (the few that are around are selling for big bucks; way above retail).  I've seen things around saying that CZ tends to import in "batches," and that they tend to come in around the end of the summer or early fall.

Any truth to any of that from those of you who've been around the CZ world longer than I have? 

Do they tend to come in "herds" (those unicorns!) periodically, rather than being sent more regularly?

Is there any truth to the idea that they tend to come late summer/early fall?

OR, as "Gun Jesus" says in his Forgotten Weapons video on the 97B, is the 97 going to truly go the way of the unicorn, and "become extinct?"  (Say it ain't so, that it'll go away and possibly become forgotten!).
The dictionary is the only place where you come to success before you get to work.

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.  B. Franklin

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Searching for the elusive unicorn! The CZ 97BD
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 07:34:07 PM »
http://bmtfirearms.com/  Try them out.They have 2 97BD's in inventory for 809.99 each.
Where I'am in N.E. Ohio shipments are showing up in the second quarter through the end of the year. First quarter everybody around here has low stock on pretty much everything not just CZ's. There are several dealers here who always have a good stock of CZ's on hand.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:39:53 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline Sancho

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 07:48:55 PM »
Interesting that I see this topic today.  I just found a slightly used BD at a local gun store yesterday.
I too had been looking for a long time.

Good luck in your search.
Sancho
I was already despicable, long before it was cool!

Offline Shootinisfun

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 09:18:40 PM »
Thanks!
The dictionary is the only place where you come to success before you get to work.

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.  B. Franklin

Offline Tok36

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 09:36:27 PM »
Sexy CZ 97BD picture for reference.  8)

Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline biglou64

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 09:51:34 PM »
I picked up a 97b a few weeks ago. That one is hard to find too. Several dealers told me early summer on any 97's. Maybe the mothership is on its way.

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 12:41:22 PM »
The Wichita gun shop where I bought mine in April still has one in stock for $740 he told me he had ordered them over a year ago.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 01:49:32 AM »
Hey guys yea I feel your pain. But in the BIG picture that's the problem we look in Gun Shops for guns they don't have and never will have ! I mean some go out of there way and try and get good stuff but it is the supply line that's the problem,just the way it is I guess ! Then there is nuts like us  :o that buy up everyone we can get our hands on and there is none left for the guy/gal that's a day late and a dollar short,,LOL Sooo with that said when it comes to CZ anything the Internet/Gunbroker is your friend ! I have looked at and saved about half a dozen 97BDs and to a lesser extent some 97Bs in the last few weeks on Gunbroker. Some were over priced but there were some decent deals out there also. Ya just gotta be patient and look and watch there out there. I just looked now and there is 3 97BDs and 3 or 4 97Bs on GB right now. A couple used that aren't to bad, take a look and see what ya come up with. Bottom line I wish there were more out there myself but I'll keep looking that's for sure.,

DJK11

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 08:10:13 AM »
Guess I feel good purchasing a nib 97b locally in February for $700 out the door.  Bout time I had some luck.  Makes up for over paying for a couple of guns before the election.

Offline jfremder

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 09:53:38 PM »
Call technet armory 414.962.7773 they had a couple today
Hello all,

Looks like the last posts on availability of the "unicorn," the CZ 97BD, is over a year old now.  Basically no one seems to have them now (the few that are around are selling for big bucks; way above retail).  I've seen things around saying that CZ tends to import in "batches," and that they tend to come in around the end of the summer or early fall.

Any truth to any of that from those of you who've been around the CZ world longer than I have? 

Do they tend to come in "herds" (those unicorns!) periodically, rather than being sent more regularly?

Is there any truth to the idea that they tend to come late summer/early fall?

OR, as "Gun Jesus" says in his Forgotten Weapons video on the 97B, is the 97 going to truly go the way of the unicorn, and "become extinct?"  (Say it ain't so, that it'll go away and possibly become forgotten!).

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Offline Badger54

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 09:05:02 AM »
Understand totally. When I first was looking for a CZ97 BD, there were none to be had although there seemed to be more 97s with safeties for sale. I stopped looking at that time and started again about a year later. Same situation with availability. However, I stumbled across on on-line retailer with a several 97 BDs at a reasonable price and grabbed one right away. It?s a great pistol for sure. Good luck with the search, and I hope you are in the right place at the right time for a buy sooner rather than later.

AW99

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 09:41:19 AM »
A week ago I ended up buying a 97BD on Gunbroker for about 800$ including shipping and my local FFL?s fee. It?s in MD purgatory until Friday when I can pick it up. 

I?ve used GB twice and had good results, but with an expensive purchase of a complex mechanical product where ergonomics play a large factor as well I would much prefer to buy from a local gun shop.  After deciding I wanted a 97BD, I was driven to this route when my LGS owner said 97 new product availability of either variety is rare and unpredictable and when they get maybe one a year on consignment it sells immediately. I did not call up any other shops in the region to see if they had one available though I did look to see where the GB vendors were located.

As an owner of a 75BD, a steel frame P01, and now a 97BD, I was happy to put up my Glock 19 up for sale.  I won?t claim the last two were particularly rational decisions on my part, but I am happy to have them.

Good luck.

Offline cz75bmb

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 01:29:33 AM »
I haven't read all the posts, but there are some buy-now's on gunbroker for $763-shipped, CZ-97BD.