Author Topic: CZ 75 D PCR Compact (SKU 91194) Truglo TFX Pro Sight Install  (Read 10651 times)

Offline Sidecar2

Purchased Truglo TFX Pro sights for my CZ 75 D PCR Compact (SKU 91194) from Amazon, $114.39
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018IP4GVM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was concerned if they would fit the PCR, and they did, just not as cleanly as the original sights. There's a milled relief for the originals that the TFX Pro float above.

After removing the set screw with a 1/16" Allen wrench, I pushed the old rear sight out to the right (looking at the slide as if shooting) using my $41.56 NcSTAR sight tool from eBay. I mounted the NcSTAR in a bench vise for stability.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Pistol-Slides-Rear-Sight-Tool-Glock-Pusher-1911-Handgun-SIG-Heavy-Duty/222379473021?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The new Truglo sights did not go in super easy. I had to sand the bottom of the dovetail with 400 grit sandpaper sitting on my cast iron table saw top for a flat surface. I just polished the bottom of the dovetail and checked fit until it slid about 1/3 of the way into the dovetail. I then pushed it to its center position using the NcSTAR.

I put a drop of blue Loctite on the set screw and snugged it down into the new rear sight.

Moving to the front sight, I used a small drift punch designed to fit roll pins. $16.95 at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L6HBMMU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The drifts have a little nub on the end that sits in the hollow of the roll pin so the drift does not fall off. I mounted the slide in my vise equipped with plastic jaws to protect the slide and snugged it, but not too tightly. Didn't want to crack the slide. This held the slide precisely so I could position the drive and hammer on it. Worked great.

After removing the front sight roll pin, in the vise again, I drove the front sight out of its dovetail using a 1/4" wood dowel so as not to damage the front sight or the top of the slide.

I had to polish the bottom of the dovetail, like the rear sight, on the 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper so it could be driven into the front dovetail. It went in very tightly. Probably should have polished off a bit more of the dovetail bottom.

After the front sight was driven flush with the front of the slide, I reinstalled the front sight roll pin, starting the roll pin using roll pin starter punches that are hollow and fit around the pin. Got them at Amazon for $5, but sadly they are currently unavailable.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BL4TW3Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After starting the pin with the hollow pin starter, I switched back to the pin drift with the nub on the end to drive it home.

Finished.

As you can see, the rear sight has some air under it, but the sights are installed firmly and look to be very functional.

Sootch00 has a helpful video showing how he did it.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 09:23:23 PM by Sidecar2, Reason: Added a youtube video »
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. -- Winston Churchill

Offline john seeley

Re: CZ 75 D PCR Compact (SKU 91194) Truglo TFX Pro Sight Install
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 10:34:34 PM »
Thanks so much for the descriptive documentation. Nice job!

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 10:28:36 PM »
I have those exact same sights waiting to install them on my PCR. I have a sight pusher (not yet used), but installed a similar set of sights on my 75B w/o a pusher. Not fun.
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline DarrenL

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »
just had mine put on last week and wow what a difference so much better  8)

Offline XxShowtimexX

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 01:19:22 PM »
Ive never ran these sights before....highly recommended?

Offline JFen

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 03:28:12 PM »
Any issues with the front sight and your existing holster fit? I have a PCR with a vedder light tuck and I am considering dropping those sights on my PCR also.

Offline Sidecar2

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 12:48:19 PM »
Any issues with the front sight and your existing holster fit? I have a PCR with a vedder light tuck and I am considering dropping those sights on my PCR also.

I carry the PCR in a Kydex IWB with a full length sweat shield that I got from the Concealed Concept store on eBay. The seller is great. Just be sure to note on your order that you want the full-length sweat shield.

This is the link for the $22.50-delivered non-sweat shield model:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IWB-KYDEX-HOLSTERS-SINGLE-CLIP-APPENDIX-SIDE-AND-SOB-CARRY-TUCK-IN-YOUR-SHIRT/282767979449?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=582050079381&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. -- Winston Churchill

Offline Sidecar2

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 01:15:10 PM »
Ive never ran these sights before....highly recommended?

All I can say is, "Wow."

The TFX Pro sights are excellent. The fiber optic rods really pop brightly during daylight use, providing an excellent sight picture.

At night the Tritium glows brightly. I can easily find the gun on my bed stand by the three glowing dots that will last for many years.

If these sights are so good, and they are, I don't understand why gun manufacturers don't offer them as standard.

The problem is that the CZ 75 D PCR factory "glowing" sights are small, rather dim dots in daylight. They were not impossible to see, but just not great. And at night, the sights glow for only a few minutes after being charged with a bright light, then go "out." If you store the gun in a dark safe or in a holster, the sights don't glow at all.

And CZ knows better: they offer their own aftermarket fiber optic front sight for the CZ P-10 c. I know, because I bought one. It was sent all the way from the Czech Republic, took a long time, got lost in shipment temporarily and cost like $50. But it was worth it. That front sight is really easy to pick up now. Much better.

These Truglo TFX Pros work even better on the PCR, day and night.

Offline JFen

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 03:55:06 PM »

I carry the PCR in a Kydex IWB with a full length sweat shield that I got from the Concealed Concept store on eBay. The seller is great. Just be sure to note on your order that you want the full-length sweat shield.

This is the link for the $22.50-delivered non-sweat shield model:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IWB-KYDEX-HOLSTERS-SINGLE-CLIP-APPENDIX-SIDE-AND-SOB-CARRY-TUCK-IN-YOUR-SHIRT/282767979449?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=582050079381&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
So are you saying the front sight profile won?t be a fit issue on my existing kydex holster?

Thanks for the link on the alternative holster. Dang sure cheap enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JFen

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 04:14:53 PM »
Sidecar2

Do you have a picture of your PCR and the holster?

Thanks

Offline Sidecar2

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 11:24:29 PM »

So are you saying the front sight profile won?t be a fit issue on my existing kydex holster?
[/quote]

I'm not exactly sure how the Vedder's sight channel is made, but the Truglo front sight is not much bigger, if any, than the factory sight. The Kydex holster I have has a wide sight channel for that reason. If you have a generous sight channel on your Vedder, I don't see why the Truglo's would not fit.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:38:20 PM by Sidecar2, Reason: shortening quote »

Offline Sidecar2

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 11:36:08 PM »

This is the IWB Kydex for $22.50 on eBay at

Be sure to ask the seller to send the Full Sweat Shield model, unless you don't want a full sweat shield.

Adjustable tension, adjustable ride height. Single mount steel spring allows variable cant. Can tuck your shirt in due to the clip mounting so low. I've carried it in 115 degree Arizona heat and it keeps the slide dry, though the rubber grips get a bit damp.

As you can see, the sight channel has plenty of room for the Truglo's.

Offline JFen

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 06:42:37 AM »

This is the IWB Kydex for $22.50 on eBay at

Be sure to ask the seller to send the Full Sweat Shield model, unless you don't want a full sweat shield.

Adjustable tension, adjustable ride height. Single mount steel spring allows variable cant. Can tuck your shirt in due to the clip mounting so low. I've carried it in 115 degree Arizona heat and it keeps the slide dry, though the rubber grips get a bit damp.

As you can see, the sight channel has plenty of room for the Truglo's.

Thanks for the pics!

Offline mkd

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 08:03:59 PM »
sidecar!   just installed the truglow afx sights on my p-01 and i did it all without a sight pusher. just fit the sights as you did  filing off the bottoms with a dfx diamond steel. one comment i would say is to put a small amount of loctite on each side of the front sight pin so it doesn't walk and also a drop on each side of the rear sight where it mates to the dove tail. and use masking tape to pad the slide from any oops! you might have. did you have to bevel the leading edge of the rear sight to get it to go in the 1/3 of the way?  sounds like you did your research as i seen some of the same videos you did. in the compact category i have some measurements and observations on the three sets of sights i have had on my p-01. front and rear sight measurements and their differences for reference. wondering if these sights shoot low like everyone has suggested? have you hot yours since the new sight install? curious?

Offline Sidecar2

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 04:44:26 PM »
sidecar!   just installed the truglow afx sights on my p-01 and i did it all without a sight pusher. just fit the sights as you did  filing off the bottoms with a dfx diamond steel. one comment i would say is to put a small amount of loctite on each side of the front sight pin so it doesn't walk and also a drop on each side of the rear sight where it mates to the dove tail. and use masking tape to pad the slide from any oops! you might have. did you have to bevel the leading edge of the rear sight to get it to go in the 1/3 of the way?  sounds like you did your research as i seen some of the same videos you did. in the compact category i have some measurements and observations on the three sets of sights i have had on my p-01. front and rear sight measurements and their differences for reference. wondering if these sights shoot low like everyone has suggested? have you hot yours since the new sight install? curious?

To adjust both rear and front sights to fit the dovetails, I grasped the sight and set it down on a piece of 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper that was sitting on my table saw's cast iron flat surface. I did not change the angle of the dovetail. I merely sanded a bit off the bottom. You diamond steel hone would work well, I'm sure.

The sights shoot well for me. They really light up in the day. And glow all night.

Interestingly, for my Walther P99c AS, it came with three front sights to adjust elevation. The rear sight has a screw for windage.

Not sure how elevation would be adjusted with the Truglo's.