Author Topic: New PCR on the way!  (Read 574 times)

Offline CZRex

New PCR on the way!
« on: July 13, 2018, 06:48:29 PM »
$540 out the door and on the way go me from iAmmo.com. Yeah, baby!  My oldest daughter has my other one in TX and I wanted another, so I sold my Mod 2 .45. Hated to do it, but something had to be sacrificed. I still have the Mod 2 9mm. IMO, NOTHING feels as good in the hand as the Rami, the PCR or the Mod 2 9mm. Merry Christmas to me!
PTC, but Pine Mtn will always be home.

Online Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
Re: New PCR on the way!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 08:07:52 PM »
OK I'm calling foul, here!  Merry Christmas, means it is a gift.  Since you  also sold a gun from your inventory, you are still one firearm short according to sound mathematical principals. O0

What else will you be adding to the stable?
 O0

Offline Sidecar2

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 02:08:05 AM »
Computers and smart phones changed everything. Don't worry about the cost of a gun.

Once I realized that I had to drop $1000-$2000 on a computer (and the one I really wanted was always $3000) and that this must-have, super-duper, lightning-fast computer will turn into literal land-fill junk within 5 years, and certainly after 10 years; and now we're asked to plunk down $!000 for a smart phone that will last, what, 5 years max before literally not working anymore, buying guns became much easier. (My first Macintosh SE cost me $3000 used, and is completely useless today. I still have it, but only as an oddity. It may or may not even boot.)

On the other hand, with even a modicum of care, a gun -- even a "cheap" one -- will last virtually forever. $500 or even $1,000 becomes a long term investment that you can hand down to your grandchildren or sell in hard times. It'll never be worth zero.

The .45's, .357's, AR-15 and even the little .25 Raven I bought in the mid-80s still function as they did originally, even after hundreds of rounds, and after sitting quietly in a safe for decades.

Heck, even my ancient reloading powder and primers from the 80's still work. And I have some WWI (yes, World War 1) .45 ACP brass with headstamps from the 1918's, and some from the WWII period, Korea period and Vietnam period. That brass can still be reloaded and fired.

A (really) good friend gave me an old .32 ACP (7.65mm) DA/SA Mauser HSc pistol in its original leather flap holster and with two mags. I didn't even want a .32. What would I do with it? .380ACP, maybe, but .32? Useless!

Turns out the old Mauser is worth $5,000! It's really rare. Serial number 634.

My point is, firearms are not a waste of money. They endure. They, like gold, have intrinsic value, not fleeting value. And you can enjoy them forever, unlike that drawer full of obsolete, unusable cell phones....
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. -- Winston Churchill

Offline Sidecar2

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 02:22:30 AM »
$540 out the door....

My PCR was $582 out the door from a local gun store including the 8% sales tax. The PCR is hard to find, so I was glad it was even available.

Then again, I had to add $114 for Truglo TFX Pro sights, so the cost went up. But what a great gun it is. Very pleased.

But man, does it throw the brass. Flies like 25 feet to the right and back a bit. Brass everywhere!

Other nines -- the Glock 43, CZ P-10c and HK VP9SK, for instance -- pile the brass in a neat pile a few feet away.
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. -- Winston Churchill

Offline John_AZ

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 03:29:14 AM »
I just got mine last week. I put in a spring kit from CGW. Pull feels awesome. Waiting until Monday or Tuesday to try out 100 rounds of carry ammo to ensure it fires

Offline Garman

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 04:16:17 PM »
The PCR is on my "must obtain" list!!  ;)

Offline john seeley

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 05:29:30 PM »
Absolutely! I grabbed mine at GrabAGun for $541 w/ shipping plus FFL fees. Not one regret. I would have been satisfied with a P-01 as well. Came down to whatever was available first.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:33:47 PM by john seeley »

Offline CZ_Like_Sunday_Mornin

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 05:21:20 PM »
I love my PCR so much. Now I am itching to have it Cajunized.

Enjoy!

Offline DarrenL

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 06:13:52 PM »
I got mine for 540 at a local gs I was shocked they had a few in stock wasn't really looking for a new pistol but I'm so glad I bought it,this pistol makes me look like I know how to shoot.

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 07:16:49 PM »
Congrats on an awesome pistol - you’re gonna love it for sure :P
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E American .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR