Author Topic: Features I like about the CZ 75 D PCR Compact  (Read 4398 times)

Offline Sidecar2

Features I like about the CZ 75 D PCR Compact
« on: July 14, 2018, 01:29:56 AM »
Along with the decocker and the much safer double action trigger pull on the first shot, one of my very favorite features of the CZ 75 D PCR Compact is its Loaded Chamber Indicator.

So many firearms today are intended to be carried with a round in the chamber, but no way to know if there's a round in the chamber.

The PCR has one of the best -- if not the best -- loaded chamber indicators on any gun. It's out of the way, but clearly visible. It's small, but can be seen as you take aim, and distinctly felt, even in the dark.

A loaded chamber indicator may be the most important safety feature on a gun. Why do so few guns have them?

What's your favorite feature(s)?

If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. -- Winston Churchill

Offline John_AZ

Re: Features I like about the CZ 75 D PCR Compact
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 03:31:53 AM »
The feel of the gun in my hand. One of the best fits to my hand, save only for a j frame with UM boot grips.

Loaded chamber indicator is nice. But with other guns, like Glock 17 and 19, you can see the brass or buckle shining through from the chamber. I don?t mind the indicator on the PCR, but not a fantastic feature in my eyes.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 04:37:19 AM »
The lci is is the ONLY thing I do not like about my PCR otherwise I find it to be the perfect pistol. The lci should never be relied on as a safety feature. As everyone one knows every gun should be treated as if it were loaded.
You load the gun,ANY gun and know it's loaded and if you are not sure a gun is loaded and ready you physically inspect the gun for it's current condition. There is no exception for this.

Offline JFen

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 06:55:45 AM »
I never really pay attention to the lci. I always presume any weapon is loaded unless I?ve made it safe.

I agree the pcr lci is very discreet and minimalistic in its design.

Some have argued that in a defensive scenario it?s never good to have an indicator for a bad guy to know if your weapon is loaded or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 08:54:44 AM »
The PCR fits my hand like no other I?ve held. Playing around with a couple types of grips makes it even better. So I?d say feel in the hand plus ability to change grip panels. I?m putting on some TruGlo TFX sights soon so that will step it up a notch.

Press check every time I pick up any semi-auto pistol.
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 09:31:52 AM »
I bought my PCR despite the LCI and front slide serrations.  The standard compact slide is much more suited to my tastes.  Regardless, the PCR rocks -- especially with added 3 spring kit and 10x bushing!  Turned a great gun for SD into a tight shooting range gun as well.

Depite having an LCI AND KNOWING that the gun is loaded, I still find myself press- czecking.  Old habits....

PS: If you are throwing brass to next county, you may want to swap in a heavier recoil spring.

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »
My favorite things about the PCR is how it fits my hand, like it was custom fit to me. I also love the weight and balance, it just seems to point so naturally towards the target. As far as the loaded chamber indicator, I don?t really have any use for it at all. I wouldn?t rely solely on it to tell me a round is chambered, preferring to verify visually before strapping it on. I would guess it?s possible for the channel of the LCI to possibly get gunked up enough to cause the indicator to be stuck or pushed up enough to falsely indicate a chambered round. Would sure suck to rely on a mechanical indicator only to hear the dreaded ?click? when your life depends on hearing a ?bang?.

Offline timetofly

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 11:04:58 AM »
Congratulations on getting a 75D PCR.  If you like it half as much as I do, you won't regret buying it. 

I bought a PCR because I wanted a compact with a decocker.  The PCR fit in my hand and felt extremely similar to all of my other CZ pistols.  At the range, shooting one is pretty much like shooting another.

As far as the LCI, my 97B has an LCI as well and I find myself really not paying much attention to it.  I still visually verify that there is not a cartridge in the chamber before I pickup or set down a pistol.  I truly consider a firearm safe when a Firearm Safely Device (FSD) is installed, kinda like a "Lock Out Tag Out" (LOTO) for a firearm.  Just a carryover from work and something I won't compromise on.  Not to say I won't set down a firearm without a FSD, just that I don't feel completely safe about it. 

On the humorous side, my 80 year old mother, after putting two rounds way over the target asked what the silver part of the sight was for.  My fault for not familiarizing her about the LCI.
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline CZRex

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 03:53:32 PM »
what do I like about PCR's?  what's NOT to like?  Feel (I LIKE the rubber grips!), balance, dependability, accuracy, decocker (wish my Rami had the decocker), cost, and it's purdy!  No Glock ugliness with CZ alloy/metal pistols.  I hope to have the jack to get XS BIG DOT night sights for it and maybe the same trigger spring job that my Rami has. 
PTC, but Pine Mtn will always be home.

Offline Sidecar2

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 09:22:46 PM »
I hope to have the jack to get XS BIG DOT night sights for it .

I installed the Truglo TFX Pro's on my PCR. Terrific upgrade.

But I seriously considered the Big Dot.

If you install the Big Dot's, post what you think of them. I'm interested.
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. -- Winston Churchill

Offline ZedHeadHunter

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 10:24:11 PM »
The fit in my hand with the rubber grips is what mostly sold me. It feels like an extension of my hand.

I actually like the LCI. I won't use it for safety purposes but running my finger across the top of the slide is an easy way to tell if it is loaded. I've only heard of 1 failing and everyone else seems to have no actual issues with it.

The PCR is not a perfect gun but it is pretty close and CGW can get it the rest of the way there.

Offline nettle

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 10:32:23 PM »
I could live without the LCI. My PCR is my first experience with a decocker and I do like the decocker. After 2500 rounds I am confident of it's reliability.

Actually the best thing I like about my PCR is how good it feels in my hand, it's reliability, and the combination of accuracy and light (light enough) carry weight.

Stojanovich

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 08:30:48 AM »

Size and carry weight.  The PCR also feels great in the hand.

Offline GBUS

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »
Just curious, can the LCI be removed from the slide?

Stojanovich

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 01:29:55 PM »
Just curious, can the LCI be removed from the slide?

No, it can't.

anything