Author Topic: CZ 75 Trigger Return Spring and Firing Pin Retaining Pin  (Read 1178 times)

Offline ncrockclimb

CZ 75 Trigger Return Spring and Firing Pin Retaining Pin
« on: July 19, 2018, 02:07:12 AM »
After a LOT of dry firing, I finally broke my trs.  I want to get a new on from Cajun, but all I can find is the Reduced Power version.  Is there one that is not reduced power?  Will the reduced power version work in an otherwise stock gun?

Also, I am considering replacing the Firing Pin Retaining Pin.  I hear that dry firing can damage this part.  Will the Cajun tempered spring steel firing pin retaining pin work with a stock firing pin?

Thanks for your input!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: CZ 75 Trigger Return Spring and Firing Pin Retaining Pin
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 06:51:14 AM »
In my experience, the CGW reduced power trigger return spring works fine in a "stock" pistol.  I installed those and a reduced power firing pin block spring in three P series guns that were otherwise stock inside.  I've also put them in some CZ75 models that had other internal improvements.  It slightly reduces the trigger pull but you may not really notice it without a trigger pull ga. to measure the before vs. after installation.

It's a good idea to put a drop of oil on the trigger return spring anytime you clean/lube your pistol.  I've read here that it extends the life of the spring if kept lubricated.

Same for the CGW firing pin retaining pin.  I've replaced the factory pin with the CGW version in 8 or 9 different pistols, CZ75 and P series models.  Only a couple of the CZ75 types also got the CGW extended firing pin, the rest maintained the factory firing pin and I've had zero issues with those so far.

Remember to follow the CGW instructions for the firing pin retaining pin orientation when installing it.  That will increase the life of the roll pin.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline ncrockclimb

Re: CZ 75 Trigger Return Spring and Firing Pin Retaining Pin
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 11:26:43 AM »
Thanks.  Just placed my order with Cajun.