Author Topic: work done by Primary Machine  (Read 6828 times)

Offline tact

Re: work done by Primary Machine
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 08:13:34 PM »
I would not recommend SI.

Are you saying that the article posted is invalid, you wouldn't recommend getting machine work done with them, or completely ignore everything they say and do?

I am speaking specifically to work, and I?ll leave it at that.  I only offered my opinion so that if SI was a consideration, as it was somewhat implied in a post, someone would look elsewhere first prior to making such a decision.  As far as everything they say or do that?s up to the individual.

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 09:35:13 PM »

Are you saying that the article posted is invalid, you wouldn't recommend getting machine work done with them, or completely ignore everything they say and do?

I am speaking specifically to work, and I?ll leave it at that.  I only offered my opinion so that if SI was a consideration, as it was somewhat implied in a post, someone would look elsewhere first prior to making such a decision.  As far as everything they say or do that?s up to the individual.

No one implied anything,  the one post asked what advantages there are to having irons. If you actually looked you would see that it was stated there is 2 ways of thinking,  first was posted a video from Sage Dynamics talking about why he prefers irons forward but isnt and end all be all thing and it comes down to the end user (we will call that one way of thinking)

Following that is an article by Gabe stating how awesome he is and how he is the reason for red dots and the only way to have a gun set up is irons rear because any other way than how he does it will get you killed just walking your dog.

So if that's "implying" that someone should send their gun to SI for work, then I think reading comprehension might be needed for someone........
Glock Gen 5
When you want 1982 innovation today

Offline tact

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 09:54:22 PM »

No one implied anything,  the one post asked what advantages there are to having irons. If you actually looked you would see that it was stated there is 2 ways of thinking,  first was posted a video from Sage Dynamics talking about why he prefers irons forward but isnt and end all be all thing and it comes down to the end user (we will call that one way of thinking)

Following that is an article by Gabe stating how awesome he is and how he is the reason for red dots and the only way to have a gun set up is irons rear because any other way than how he does it will get you killed just walking your dog.

So if that's "implying" that someone should send their gun to SI for work, then I think reading comprehension might be needed for someone........

Well this turned out to be an epic derail.  As I?ve stated the reply was merely trying to save someone some time, trouble, and money.  Nothing more nothing less.  It was implied to me as a post above referred to SI milling slides....just not CZs.  It was a post you replied to and yet you ramble on for three paragraphs about my lack of reading comprehension.  I apologize for trying to help someone out.  Carry on being an arse, the world needs more.

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 10:18:48 PM »

Well this turned out to be an epic derail.  As I?ve stated the reply was merely trying to save someone some time, trouble, and money.  Nothing more nothing less.  It was implied to me as a post above referred to SI milling slides....just not CZs.  It was a post you replied to and yet you ramble on for three paragraphs about my lack of reading comprehension.  I apologize for trying to help someone out.  Carry on being an arse, the world needs more.

When did anyone even suggest going to SI?
Carry on being a sad panda
Glock Gen 5

Offline Yoni

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 07:23:54 AM »
I have found that a rear sight is not needed, on a pistol with a red dot sight. None of my future builds will have a rear sight on it after the success of my current P07 build.

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2018, 11:04:44 AM »
I have found that a rear sight is not needed, on a pistol with a red dot sight. None of my future builds will have a rear sight on it after the success of my current P07 build.

For a defensive pistol?
Glock Gen 5

Offline WestTexan

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2018, 11:46:16 PM »
From what I?ve seen they do awesome work....I?ll post up my P07 when it gets back in a week or two.

Offline I like pink

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 02:00:54 PM »
Hubby and I are both EXTREMELY pleased with Primary Machine!  I had my SP-01 milled and cerakoted with plans to do the same once kommifornia allowed me to buy my P-01 after my unconstitutional 30 day wait between handgun purchases.  I then made the "mistake" of showing hubby PM's site and he saw their slide cuts.  So we ended up sending in two of his glock slikes and my P-01 slides in.  Just got my P-01 back and his 19 and again... AWESOME work!  I have no doubt the 34 will be just as awesome!

Now if this stupid state would just let me buy a 10C.... I'd be sending that off to PM for work, too! 

OH... and my SP-01 was back in the mail one week after he received it, my P-01 2 weeks, hubby's 19 1 week and the 34 hasn't been there a week yet.....  So while he has a conservative turn around time frame on his site... he's been faster for us, so far!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 02:05:25 PM by I like pink »
Girls just gotta have guns and ammo.... LOTS of ammo!

Offline I like pink

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2018, 02:09:10 PM »

For a defensive pistol?

I don't have a rear sight on my P-01.  I do plan to get a front sight on it and use the two little white marks on the Venom if need be.  I don't have any sights on my SP-01, as that's my gun for our local 3-gun.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:08:37 AM by I like pink »

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2018, 05:33:15 AM »

For a defensive pistol?

I don't have a rear site on my P-01.  I do plan to get a front site on it and use the two little white marks on the Venom if need be.  I don't have any sites on my SP-01, as that's my gun for our local 3-gun.

Fair enough since that still would be some form of back up sights for a defensive gun.  There are some out there who have no back up sights
Glock Gen 5

Offline Yoni

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2018, 06:37:26 AM »
I use my P07 for everything.

I shoot local matches with it. I carry it for self defense and it has already had a few trips outside the USA to places where you REALLY need a pistol.

If the RMR goes down, you use the front sight and the window of the RMR and I can get good hits out to 25 meters.

Offline I like pink

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 11:14:06 AM »
So.... I used my SP-01 for the first time in a match this past weekend.  One of the targets was CLOSE just outside a window.  I couldn't find my dot (and as I said... no front site on my SP-01.  I just "aimed" and shot and hit the middle of the plate.

I've read that if you are in a self-defense situation, you don't use your sites when you shoot... you pretty much just SHOOT.  I don't have first hand experience, thank god.  But I do see where that would be the case.  When practicing at the range, and I get upset if I don't have a good group or whatever... hubby always shows me that (a) i'd still be hitting a man-sized target even if its not a tight little group and (b) I don't THINK I'd be shooting in self defense if they were 15 yards away. 

(that said... I still plan to get a front site for my P-01... just because it seems like the right thing to do.)

Offline Vinny

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2018, 03:18:35 PM »
So.... I used my SP-01 for the first time in a match this past weekend.  One of the targets was CLOSE just outside a window.  I couldn't find my dot (and as I said... no front site on my SP-01.  I just "aimed" and shot and hit the middle of the plate.

I've read that if you are in a self-defense situation, you don't use your sites when you shoot... you pretty much just SHOOT.  I don't have first hand experience, thank god.  But I do see where that would be the case.  When practicing at the range, and I get upset if I don't have a good group or whatever... hubby always shows me that (a) i'd still be hitting a man-sized target even if its not a tight little group and (b) I don't THINK I'd be shooting in self defense if they were 15 yards away. 

(that said... I still plan to get a front site for my P-01... just because it seems like the right thing to do.)
Hey Pink,
Is that the P-01 you had Primary mill a Venom on? Does it zero OK at 7-10 yards?
Would love to see images of how it came out.
Thanks,   Vinny
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline I like pink

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 02:16:25 PM »

Hey Pink,
Is that the P-01 you had Primary mill a Venom on? Does it zero OK at 7-10 yards?
Thanks,   Vinny

Yep!  I ended up choosing the venom for both the sp-01 and the p-01...

We zeroed both the P-01 and the SP-01 to 15.  But I think we need to go back and do the P-01 closer since that will be my self-defense/carry gun. 

I need to get out to the range and take some pictures when it's not 120 degrees out there!  I'll try to do that this weekend.  I did get a few of the SP-01, but now that Baby Pinkie is back I want pictures of Pinkie and Baby Pinkie together!  (And I'm not a fan of going outside to take pictures of them even in my fenced backyard... KOMMIEFORNIA paranoia!  :o)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:35:05 PM by I like pink »

Offline Vinny

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 02:39:29 PM »

Hey Pink,
Thanks,   Vinny

Yep!  I ended up choosing the venom for both the sp-01 and the p-01...

We zeroed the P-01 to 15.  But I think we need to go back and do it closer since that will be my self-defense/carry gun. 

I need to get out to the range and take some pictures when it's not 120 degrees out there!  I'll try to do that this weekend.  I did get a few of the SP-01, but now that Baby Pinkie is back I want pictures of Pinkie and Baby Pinkie together!  (And I'm not a fan of going outside to take pictures of them even in my fenced backyard... KOMMIEFORNIA paranoia!  :o)
Thanks Pink,
Looking forward to those images!
I've had problems getting my Shield RMS to zero on my milled P-01 at 10 yards never mind 7. Had to add a 1 degree shim, but it's OK now.
Trying to figure out if the Shield RMS just doesn't have enough elevation adjustment compared to Venom, or if the cut needs a slightly steeper downward angle. Looking at the stock sights on a CZ Compact; the rear sight sits considerably taller than the front. Even more extreme on the shorter barrel RAMI. If your Venom zeros OK at 7-10 yards, that will help answer the question -Vinny
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

anything