Author Topic: Blue or Red loctite on trigger screws  (Read 857 times)

Offline Xtinction

Blue or Red loctite on trigger screws
« on: July 21, 2018, 09:41:22 AM »
Quick question. I will be installing the CGW SAO trigger in a CZ75 SP-01 manual safety and I had a question about the pre travel and over travel screws. After I get them set, should I be using red loctite or blue loctite to keep them in place? Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 10:59:18 AM by Xtinction »

Offline Tok36

Re: Blue or Red loktite on trigger screws
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 09:57:08 AM »
If you mix the blue with the red you can make magenta locktight. That is the real deal.  ;D

I am kidding. I believe that there are different opinions on the subject. For comp/range use i use blue. Heating up the trigger to free up the red could be tricky on an installed trigger.

I am interested to hear other forum members input on your question.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline hansb57

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 10:07:43 AM »
I use blue. I have red but never use it on my guns and never had problems. But I check and clean often.

Offline inkw8ll

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 10:24:30 AM »
I use purple locktite and its not s joke, look it up. It is meant for set screws  I wouldn't use anything on these parts that require you to heat it up.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

CZ TSO 9mm

Offline Arizona Gunner

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 11:00:47 AM »
Xtinction, which trigger are installing?

I am interested in doing the same, but on the CGW site I can’t find a SAO trigger with pre-travel and over-travel screws.

Online M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Blue or Red loctite on trigger screws
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 11:04:08 AM »
All I've used on the trigger screws (or any other screws I didn't want to come loose) is the blue Loctite.

Some people recommend a soldering iron to heat up small screws that you need to break loose.  I haven't tried it but I've read posts on other forums were people said it worked for them.

The straight trigger should have both screws.  I'm not sure about the hammer with the little forward bend at the bottom.  Never bought/used one.

Sometimes, when installing a SAO trigger, you can get into failure to fire/function properly.  I think several of the guys here have seen/had it and fixed it, so be sure to ask (here) if you experience issues after you do your work.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Xtinction

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 11:06:12 AM »
Arizona Gunner - I bought and will be installing this one: 5SAO Single Action Only Aluminum Trigger
They also sell the full flat one. But I like the curve at the end of this one. Better fit for me. Both have the set screws. I don't have the part number for the other one handy.

Offline Arizona Gunner

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 11:12:38 AM »
Thanks, Xtinction. The picture of the 5SAO just showed the slave pin... I should have read the description!

Offline Erratikmind

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 04:24:22 PM »
I have had no issues using the blue, thus far.

Offline WVsig

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 06:46:25 PM »
Purple 222 is what you want to use. It will hold small screws but will not require heat to break the bond when you need to remove the grips.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Offline n8vmdpath

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 06:50:20 PM »
I use blue locktite for pretravel screw (no over travel screw in my setup).  Red locktite is reserved for adjustable sear ("set and forget").

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline Arizona Gunner

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 10:07:06 PM »
A little off topic, but, Xtinction, you are a bad influence! I just ordered two of the straight
SAO triggers from CGW, and it’s all your fault for starting me thinking about trying them.

Offline Xtinction

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 10:41:10 PM »
LOL sorry AG. It is addicting. Mine will be here on Monday. Will be installing the package during the week. I think I am now most concerned about the bushing I just hope that I get it lined up right.

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 02:18:10 PM »
I use blue. No problems.

Offline kccz

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 01:38:43 PM »
What about the use of Vibra-Tite VC3 ?   Works great for me.