Author Topic: Two Upcomming Shooting Matches Include Vz.58  (Read 418 times)

Offline CitizenPete

• Universal Machine Gun Model 59 (UK Vzor 59)
Two Upcomming Shooting Matches Include Vz.58
« on: July 23, 2018, 11:31:04 AM »
Two matches featuring vz.58

I just read the rules for Red Oktober in Utah on Sep. 29th and they include a non-Kalish division which specifies vz.58 as one of the allowed rifles. This 3Gun event is held annually and is focused on Kalashnikov firearms.  Rules are here:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QX2RPatOkszghvYsaXBnytDJCDU-7CAnMxaFKmDYpek/edit

On September 28th there is a 2Gun match in NE Ohio where a vz.58 will be one of 4 "pick-up" rifles that competitors will need  to shoot on a obstacle stage over half-a-mile long.  The other "pick-up" rifles in addition to the vz.58 will be WARSAW Pact rifles AKM, SKS, and Mosin 91/30. https://shc2gun.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_2.html

CP

The post above is opinion, and I am probably totally wrong, so please pardon me if I offend anyone in any way. I am speaking only for myself and just sharing my thoughts, not trying to start an argument with anyone, and if you disagree with anything I have said, I concede your correct.

Offline Howlin Mad

Re: Two Upcomming Shooting Matches Include Vz.58
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 02:23:28 AM »
A correction is needed.

The Red Oktober match is rifle only, October 6 & 7 2018.  They also changed the rules for this year, Vz.58's have been moved to Heavy Kalashinikov.  Seems the non Vz guys didn't take too kindly to getting beat.

I went last year and had great fun.  Match is designed around an iron sighted AK with a 30 round magazine.  Farthest target was less than 200 yards.  A little brag, I was second in ComBloc.  Already signed up for this year.

ETA:  Info here  https://southernutahpracticalshootingrange.com/rok/
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 02:29:56 AM by Howlin Mad »

Offline PorterN

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 01:57:37 AM »
I live in central Utah but i have a friend down in hurricane who might be going this year. Kinda mak s me want to go and spectate, but i dont know if thats frowned upon. Ive never been to a match before. But this one sounds super fun

Offline Howlin Mad

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 03:19:14 AM »
Spectators are very welcome.  Just make sure you have eye and ear protection.

There will be dozens of vendors with lots of cool stuff.

A number of vendors had full autos and suppressors to try out.

Offline CitizenPete

CP

The post above is opinion, and I am probably totally wrong, so please pardon me if I offend anyone in any way. I am speaking only for myself and just sharing my thoughts, not trying to start an argument with anyone, and if you disagree with anything I have said, I concede your correct.

Offline CitizenPete

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 10:21:18 AM »

Shooters will all compete on the various stages, requiring some mandatory manipulation and use of the following firearms:  SKS (Russian or Yugo); VZ.58 Para with wire stock and irons. and Modded VZ.58 with SIG red dot; Russian Izmash SGL-21 AKM with 1-6 BDC optic.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:32:17 AM by CitizenPete »
CP

Offline RSR

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »
A correction is needed.

The Red Oktober match is rifle only, October 6 & 7 2018.  They also changed the rules for this year, Vz.58's have been moved to Heavy Kalashinikov.  Seems the non Vz guys didn't take too kindly to getting beat.

I went last year and had great fun.  Match is designed around an iron sighted AK with a 30 round magazine.  Farthest target was less than 200 yards.  A little brag, I was second in ComBloc.  Already signed up for this year.

ETA:  Info here  https://southernutahpracticalshootingrange.com/rok/

Heavy kalash is hilarious since rifle-length VZ58s weigh about the same as a pistol AK w/ an ~12" barrel and some sort of brace attached...

anything