Author Topic: Firing pin movement.  (Read 1870 times)

Offline d-tronics

Firing pin movement.
« on: July 25, 2018, 07:39:49 PM »
Hello all,

Just wondering if it's normal if the firing pin should be able to move even if the firing block/pin safety isn't depressed?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Offline biggerhammer

Re: Firing pin movement.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 07:59:04 PM »
I can move mine without having to depress the firing pin block on both of my scorps with not much effort. I believe there is a design flaw but the last guy that tried to point it out on here got roasted so... :-X

Offline d-tronics

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 08:09:07 PM »
I can move mine without having to depress the firing pin block on both of my scorps with not much effort. I believe there is a design flaw but the last guy that tried to point it out on here got roasted so... :-X
Good to know.

I noticed I can push my firing pin all the way forward to the point it's protruding out of the breech face without depressing the safety block. Don't know if that's normal?

Offline d-tronics

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 11:20:55 PM »
I emailed cz regarding this issue.

Offline biggerhammer

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 09:09:37 AM »
Okay cool, It'll be interesting to hear their take on it.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 05:09:43 PM »
I know this is an old post.  I don't have a Scorpion but I've seen firing pins protrude through on pistols.  It might be a firing pin that's not made quite right.  I believe that is what it was on my pistol.  One firing pin would protrude through the hole, the other would not.  No trouble guessing which one didn't stay in the pistol.

I did not measuring of the firing pin retaining pin slot in the firing pin to see what was different, I just figured that was the cause.

I don't even know how the firing pin is retained in the Scorpion.  Just saying, it may not be the fault of the firing pin blocking system.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline biggerhammer

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 07:14:59 PM »
Both of my firing pin blocks don't stop the pin from advancing forward when they should. You can apply forward pressure on the firing pin without depressing the firing pin block resulting in the firing pin advancing all of the way through the bolt. Sometimes, the fpb will attempt to stop the firing pin from advancing but increasing forward pressure easily overcomes the block. Someone's math was off about .030" to .040" when the designed the pin/block assembly.

Offline wyoung

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 10:55:43 PM »
I think I'm the one who posted the video where I was able to get the firing pin past the firing pin block. I took it off after all the hate.

The problem is the FPB spring is too light. I found a very simple fix. I took an AR15 selector detent spring then used a Dremel cutoff wheel and cut it the same length. The new spring is just heavy enough that I can't reproduce the problem no matter how hard or often I try. I'm 100% confident in it now.

Offline romukom

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 11:30:41 PM »
Nice fix.

Offline d-tronics

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 06:59:55 PM »
I know it's been awhile and I'm just updating for the purpose of someone else going through the same thing. I spoke to CZ and they stated I need to send it in as it's a safety issue. I sent it in and after a month or so, they returned my scorpion all fixed. The firing pin does not protrude the breach face unless the safety block is depressed.

Offline biggerhammer

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 10:59:16 PM »
Thanks for the follow-up. Did you have to send them the whole gun or just the bolt?

Offline romukom

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 11:50:14 PM »
They normally want the whole gun so that they can live fire. Oh by the way,  I use the AR take down spring instead of the safety selector.