Author Topic: all steel Kadet SP-01  (Read 537 times)

Offline redlightrich

all steel Kadet SP-01
« on: July 26, 2018, 10:09:36 AM »
HEllo, I have been searching for weeks now, and can't find it. Someone posted a Kadet 2 kit, which was a variation on the original Kadet kit, however, it had a modified profile that more closely matched the SP-01.
This kit is NOT the new SP-01 kit, with poly mags, and the whole slide moves.

The one I am speaking about was "almost" the same as the original steel kit, where only the "bolt" cycles. The upper "slide" which mounts in the frame had a different profile in the front area. It didn't reduce in the front area. It maintained the "blocky" SP-01 look.

Can anyone provide the CZ part number?

It is NOT 01610 or 01612.

Thank you

Rich

Offline Earl Keese

Offline painter

Re: all steel Kadet SP-01
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 07:00:15 AM »
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 10:24:55 PM »
Thank you Painter.... It has been driving me crazy for weeks!!!! You hit the nail on the head!!

I knew the answer would come from this site!!

Thanks again

Rich

Offline ViperM

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 10:39:54 PM »

Offline painter

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 07:39:22 AM »
I think you mean this one... https://czcustom.com/cz-75-kadet-adapter-2-cal-22-lr-black-polycoat-91610.html

The description says the sku is  01610.
I saw that. Not sure which SKU is correct. I searched the CZ-USA site for the 91610 SKU and it came up empty, but that kit is different in appearance than my Kadet2 kit.

but not the ability.

Offline Arizona Gunner

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 12:51:12 PM »
I am baffled. The CZ Custom link goes to the kit the OP described, original style Kadet but with rails clear to the front of “slide” like an SP-01.

Well and good, but it goes on to describe it as 01610, which it certainly isn’t per the CZ-USA web site and web store.

And it obviously isn’t a “new style” like the 01612 or 01613.

The only reference I can find anywhere to a 91610 even existing is in the old CZ Custom link.

Is there really a 91610 somewhere in the wild, or is CZ Custom’s illustration the result of someone with too much spare time on their hands and a knowledge of Photoshop?

Offline painter

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 07:49:27 PM »
I am baffled. The CZ Custom link goes to the kit the OP described, original style Kadet but with rails clear to the front of “slide” like an SP-01.

Well and good, but it goes on to describe it as 01610, which it certainly isn’t per the CZ-USA web site and web store.

And it obviously isn’t a “new style” like the 01612 or 01613.

The only reference I can find anywhere to a 91610 even existing is in the old CZ Custom link.

Is there really a 91610 somewhere in the wild, or is CZ Custom’s illustration the result of someone with too much spare time on their hands and a knowledge of Photoshop?
Hard tellin'...not knowin'.

Someone that cares enough could call CZ Custom.

but not the ability.

Offline ViperM

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 06:04:51 PM »
I ordered a Kadet 2 sku 01610.  I can post a picture when it comes in.

Online Stuart

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 07:16:10 PM »
The kadet 2 you describe seems to have replaced the kadet 2 with the narrowed front. We have in stock

stuart@czcustom.com
czcustom.com

Offline Skout

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 08:27:22 AM »
Stuart, have you noticed a difference other than the look?

UPDATE: just received mine back from CZ customer service. They replaced the older unit with one of the newer full length ones described above. Also included two additional metal magazines. Pretty happy right now. Time to go plinking
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 02:54:03 PM by Skout, Reason: Update »

Offline Skout

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 12:12:56 AM »
The part number for the kit you describe is the same as the original. As Stuart said, it is replacing the original. Confirmed by CZ USA.

Offline Arizona Gunner

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 11:21:53 PM »
That clears up the mystery. I guess CZ-USA likes to keep their customers guessing... the Kadet II kit on the online store still shows the original slide configuration. Oh, well... great products when it’s all said and done.

Offline McGregor

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2018, 12:47:17 AM »

Just got it this week. From cz custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline redlightrich

UPDATE MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 08:26:36 AM »
UPDATE: MYSTERY SOLVED!!

I ordered the "new" kit, thinking it was something unusual (because I went on CZC site, and saw the part number as 91610, then searched that number and couldn't find it anywhere). Yes, CZC lists the kit as 91610, but the fact is, the actual item number is 01610.
CZC's inventory system can't accept a zero as the first digit, so, to list it, they simply swap the 0 for a 9.

I wish I knew this, as I now have 5 Kadet kits, but only 4 CZ Pistols, but this is not the end of the world. As a whole, I am very happy with CZC. I also think this kit will better match the SP01 profile, which is one of the reasons why I was interested in the first place.

I will say, the rails are a bit tighter/wider than any other of my kits. I measured across the slide rails, and I come up with .887/.8875 then measuring the inside rails of my SP01 ( the most likely host due to the profile of the "new" kit), I come up with .881 or so.

Of course I will fit this kit eventually, when I get time. I do prefer a little bit of an interference fit, so the barrel is solidly mounted, and this kit will certainly afford that.

Well, now that I have too many kits, I may play on my mill this winter and set one up as an optic ready kit. I have seen someone neatly integrate a Pic rail on top of the slide. It was channeled, and fit like it belonged there. Scope? Red Dot? Why not?

Rich