Author Topic: all steel Kadet SP-01  (Read 1733 times)

Online JRR

Re: all steel Kadet SP-01
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 05:37:08 PM »
redlightrich,
I think you are referring to my set up.  Two things come to mind. 1st is that the older Kadet 2 with rail and ultradot is very heavy at 44 ounces and the new unit appears even more so.  2nd is that with a rail with the see through channel, the optic is mounted rather high.  A flatter base would get the optic approx. 1/4" lower and may balance a bit better.  All told, the rail is very light, and a lighter optic such as a Burris FF that does away with the rings would significantly reduce overall weight.  The base could even be half length with only two screws to drill and tap.

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2018, 09:13:18 AM »
Thank you JRR.  I do believe it was your set up that I was referring to.
I am in process of moving, then setting up my machine shop. I have a fair amount of projects to finish, and this is one of them.

I do have a Docter mount that replaces the rear sight, but I would prefer to leave the rear sight there. I will definately cut the pic rail before I install it, as to make it a bit shorter.

My SPO1 with the older style metal Kadet kit tips the scale near 42oz. Certainly not a lightweight. I would imagine the new Kadet kit will add a few ounces to that. The scope or sight add some more.

The SP01, with the new SP01 dedicated top, weighs about 32oz!!!!
Big difference!!

I will probably start a thread when I finish my rail install.. That will take a bit, as my mill is not in place yet.

Be safe!!!

Offline smiley81

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 08:12:05 PM »
Hello,

Can someone please explain to me the difference between 01610 & 01612? I own a SP-01 and is debating which one to purchase.  Do they have the same weigh & balance? How about the fit, I saw several videos on YouTube 01610 will need some filing on the lugs to fit a SP-01, and seems like 01612 will not require any additional work. I am not much of a tinker and is leaning toward the 01612 but am not sure about the quality when compared with the well known 01610 model. 

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
smiley

Offline GBUS

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2018, 05:26:56 PM »

Just got it this week. From cz custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, I like that this one mimics the look of the slide on my 75B SA and since that’s the frame I’d be using

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2018, 02:29:10 AM »
I used z flatter mount that allows using the original sights when my scope is removed.
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

anything