Author Topic: Reprofiling 75 ejector  (Read 168 times)

Offline CBHarto

Reprofiling 75 ejector
« on: August 09, 2018, 07:31:56 PM »
I've been having issues with a used 75 SA picked up a couple years ago. It frequently throws brass into my face (maybe one in 3-4). I've tried a wide variety of ammo, new extractor spring, new extractor, basically every combination of recoil and hammer springs and nothing seems to fix it. Doing some deep searching today I found some old threads mentioning reshaping the ejector. Unfortunately few of them had any details. Currently the ejector is shaped such that the point is in the lower outer portion of the ejector. It seems in general people seem to think contacting at the upper outer corner seems to work best. Have others around here reshaped their ejectors? What have you found to work best on your CZs? I figure I don't have much to lose since next step was going to be to buy a new ejector.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:14:25 PM by CBHarto »

Offline Ruber

Reprofiling 75 ejector
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 07:43:31 PM »
You mean you don’t like that feature

Take a look at the stickies in the SP01 section.  There is a thread on common break in issues that talks about it and had some good photos.

eta: Ya, just took another look at the page, still has a good photo there, but cannot quote or reference it in my post.

Offline CBHarto

Re: Reprofiling 75 ejector
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 08:17:08 PM »
You mean you don’t like that feature

Take a look at the stickies in the SP01 section.  There is a thread on common break in issues that talks about it and had some good photos.

eta: Ya, just took another look at the page, still has a good photo there, but cannot quote or reference it in my post.
Saw that one. Only had the one picture though (only from the side). Also seems like I'd need to take a decent amount of material off to get to that profile. Interested in hearing more from anyone who's done this mod and how well it worked out. Or if anyone tried anything different.

Offline Ruber

Reprofiling 75 ejector
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 11:08:54 PM »
That worked well for me on a 75B as well as a SP01.  I didn’t remove quite as much material.  As always, you can go slow and try it out as you go along.

The metal comes off fast and easy, it is a relatively soft part.

ps. FWIW, both frames I used for both 9mm and 40sw and had more brass to forehead using 9mm.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:09:35 AM by Ruber »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 04:54:52 AM »
I have never experienced this issue with a CZ but 1911's are another story. You can check the 1911 forums or just do a search on fitting and profiling a 1911 ejector. The same principles apply. Go slow and check your results as you go.You will find it takes a SURPRISINGLY little change to make a big difference.

Offline CBHarto

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 06:36:31 PM »
Took it to the range today with a file. Seem to have found a sweet spot after filling down enough that the contact point moved to about 4/5ths of the way up the ejector. Over 100 rounds and every one landed in a nice pile about 6ft away at 4 o'clock!

Offline Ruber

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 07:33:59 PM »
Congrats!  Glad it worked for you!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 07:56:17 PM »
Good deal. That's what you're looking for.

anything