Author Topic: Carry Bag  (Read 10669 times)

Offline ad5md

Carry Bag
« on: August 11, 2018, 07:57:24 PM »
Looking for suggestions. Need one possibly with retainer straps for the pistol with the brace folded, and for the magazines. Tnx

Offline ARP

Re: Carry Bag
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 09:24:54 PM »
I just logged on to ask the same question. I am looking at a few possibilities, may order something tomorrow.

Here is what you are up against when you say you want to fold it. It gets real fat and short. Dont know what version you have, i have the faux suppressor and brace version. The length is 29.5" long. I want a single rifle case, rectangle shapped and padded, simple. Oh and I will not pay more than $75. Sooooo..... I am looking for a case that is 32 -36" probably 36" is the most common size that will fit non folded. I doubt you will find a folded one to fit your needs, makes it 4"+ thick.  And then you have the length problem,  cause now it is really short.

Im looking on voodoo tactical currently after looking at Midway, Brownells, Amazon, ebay and a few others.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 09:33:29 PM »
I have a VooDoo Tactical for my Shorty 18" Shotgun with Shockwave grip.
I think it's about 36" OL and fits nicely.
I really like it.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline romukom

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 10:47:24 PM »
If you are not looking for brand name; I got one 42" ash gray for $30 when they were trying to promote it.  I believe that they now have 36" in black, fde, Grey and Od green. And it's $50.
I got my Bren and scorpion with no problem. Anyways if you read the entire thread, every one agrees that is well made.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F9K72CN/ref=sr_1_18?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1530930086&sr=1-18&keywords=savior+equipment+rifle+bag

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=237

Offline ARP

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 03:25:34 AM »
Actually it is "more" bag than what I was looking for, but the price meets the equation. Gotta take some measurements, if I go that route, I need to make sure the 36" will work with my other rifles besides the EVO.

Offline mountainrider

• The Catasstrophy; so many contenders!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 11:26:20 AM »
I have 2 for my carbine. This is closest of them to your requirements. I like it!

It has a couple of internal velcroed pockets as well as a separate pistol holster with velcro closure, two sided padded rifle flap with retention straps...It's worth checking out. I have the 30" and its fine for a folding stock. Its about a half inch short for my 15-22 with the stock removed from the buffer tube and the flash hider attached. The holster fits my CZ85 combat. The external pockets hold a few AR sized mags. Anyway, check it out

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Sling-Pack-Multi-Firearm-Metallic/dp/B009WO46X2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1534085316&sr=8-5&keywords=utg%2Btactical%2Bgun%2Bcase&th=1&psc=1
Although I once owned a couple, I don't really have a SIGnature.

Offline ad5md

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 11:53:00 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys.  Mountainrider hit it right, just what I was looking for!  I guess the 30" will be more than enough.  I like that it doesn't scream "gun" when one sees it. 

Offline ARP

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 09:19:04 PM »
If you are not looking for brand name; I got one 42" ash gray for $30 when they were trying to promote it.  I believe that they now have 36" in black, fde, Grey and Od green. And it's $50.
I got my Bren and scorpion with no problem. Anyways if you read the entire thread, every one agrees that is well made.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F9K72CN/ref=sr_1_18?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1530930086&sr=1-18&keywords=savior+equipment+rifle+bag

After further review, that bag makes sense. I had been running into the problem of taking too much crap to the range = too many guns and then not getting enough quality done while there. So I am planning that range trips will now consist of 2 rifles and 2 pistols (I can shoot my steel plates on the pistol range 9mm and under, meaning converted AR to .22lr, Sig 522 or EVO) so the bag can hold all the firearms, the range bag can hold all the ammo and gear and I still have one hand free(backpack straps on the bag).

I ordered a black one today. Also not have to be concerned with each firearm having it's own individual bag.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 10:42:17 PM »

After further review, that bag makes sense. I had been running into the problem of taking too much crap to the range = too many guns and then not getting enough quality done while there. So I am planning that range trips will now consist of 2 rifles and 2 pistols (I can shoot my steel plates on the pistol range 9mm and under, meaning converted AR to .22lr, Sig 522 or EVO) so the bag can hold all the firearms, the range bag can hold all the ammo and gear and I still have one hand free(backpack straps on the bag).

I ordered a black one today. Also not have to be concerned with each firearm having it's own individual bag.
Great choice for multi-gun bag!
I like my compact Voodoo 'AR' bag for one gun and pistol, but for your purposes it really looks perfect. Thanks to romukom for the link!
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline romukom

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 12:11:15 AM »
Glad to help you guys.

Offline philg80

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 12:19:02 AM »

Offline TheFlood

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 11:22:12 AM »
The Vertx Gamut is a excellent choice.

Offline rcbif

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 07:03:32 AM »
This is what I have.........

http://www.peakcase.com/peakcase-cz-scorpion-twogun-case.html

Yikes! Thats a $30 case from Home Depot, so you're paying about $100 for some cut foam.

Buy some Harbor freight foam floor mats, cut them yourself, and save about $80.

Offline ARP

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 01:31:39 PM »
Quick gear review on the Savior gun carry bag I bought.

Good points:
* the 36" bag is what i bought, it will fit 2 AR rifles, or a combination of EVO/AR/Sig522
* you could carry 2/3 pistols in the front bag portion, or supplies for cleaning, adjustment wrenches, mag reloader, etc
* there are 2 separate pouch type bags on the front as well where you could carry muffs, glasses. gloves....
* storage area for rifles, both compartments have 2 velcro straps to secure the rifles in place
* carry handle is padded as is a second singular carry strap, I see no reasonable way to use it though (too heavy of a load)
* The back of the bag is padded the full length, rests comfortably against your back when carrying backpack style.

Bad points:
* it gets heavy fast, I was shocked at how heavy the bag got with the 2 rifles in the bag
* the backpack style shoulder straps do not have a lot of padding, almost none. They do have a chest strap and buckle.
* the zippers are not as heavy as I would like,  they might be self repairing but I think they will hold up
* the stitching I hope will hold up for me. When I look at the philosophy of use.....get my guns from house to car and car to
  range in an organized manner and reverse...I should be okay there
* the molle on the front pocket is for looks only, no way I would mount anything there. It should have been done right or not
  at all.
* the back pack straps may not be long enough to comfortably fit your shoulders if you are an extra large individual, ymmy

With heavier zippers and stitching, the case would be hands down the best on the market at that price point, would gladly have paid an additional $25 for heavier zippers. Will it replace a range bag? I would say no and here is why.....me personally, ammo, holsters, mags, mag loaders, refreshments, med kit. What this bag WILL do is assist you in keeping a range trip organized by keeping equipment organized. I do not recommend carrying loaded mags in the rifle bag with the guns, the weight would be excessive, risk of a stitch failure due to overload. As I have things now, my range bag is the deluxe? Midway bag that has the holsters, mag carriers, PPE, small boxed ammo (my 9mm and 5.56/.223 is bought in bulk and stored/carried in a ammo box) (I pre load the mags before going to range), mag loaders, target stapler, etc. I have a separate sort of tool bag that came with the range bag that is now the magazine bag, it is getting heavy with all mags in it being pre loaded. It will still take me 2 trips from car to range.

I'll know for sure if it is GTG or thumbs down after a few range trips. Right now, looks okay.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 04:41:47 PM by ARP »

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 03:50:38 PM »
Here is one I use for car carrying - Not cheap, but I didn't pay full price either.  If I remembered correctly it was $80 from DVOR in one of their super sale events.

https://www.maxpedition.com/collections/sling-packs-1/products/sitka-gearslinger?variant=39172810833

What it looks like with an Evo:

There is also a zippered slip compartment between the back strap and main compartment for a full size pistol, easily accessible with a turn of the pack to front side.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:04:23 PM by bravo5two »

anything