Author Topic: Unusual CZ 75 SP01 Shadow - comments?  (Read 2417 times)

Offline darkhorse1958

Unusual CZ 75 SP01 Shadow - comments?
« on: August 14, 2018, 11:45:12 AM »
I bought this unusual CZ 75 SP01 Shadow a few years ago.  I assume it is a limited edition, as I have seen no others like it.  It is built with a beautiful deeply blued frame and slide.  The controls, hammer, and trigger are gold plated.  The blued finish is breath-taking.  It is a deeper blue and more reflective than any other blued gun I own.  It is a world apart from the black pistols being produced for general use, and deeper even than the blued finish on my nicer shotguns. 

The complete album of photos:   https://imgur.com/a/OYcEvaM

I believe this pistol is the same as the Adam Tyc Championship pistol but it does not have his signature nor the #of 333 designation.  It came with a luxurious buffalo hide case and three deep blued 16-round mags.  It's obvious a lot of care and high quality parts went into this pistol.

I fired it the day I bought it, ten rounds at the indoor range.  Out of the box, cold barrel, and my not being a great shooter, I put all ten inside the 8 ring at 50' on a 50' target.  It is incredible.  It is beautiful.  I decided then that is is too nice to shoot a lot, despite encouragement otherwise from the dealer.  So, I put it away.  I have other high-end target pistols, but only a SIG Sport Compensated pistol that I could shoot this consistently.

I have not publicly sought opinions on my guns, and the others, mostly SIGs and Rugers, I am pretty familiar with. 

Will you collectors and CZ enthusiasts please share your thoughts on this gun?

I listed it on GunBroker a couple of days ago.  I have some watchers, but no bids yet.  I am having second thoughts about selling it.   I thought it was time to make it easier for my wife who will eventually have to deal with all my stuff.  But, this one is really special, and I should have a few years left. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:17:36 PM by darkhorse1958, Reason: typo »

Offline MadDuner

Re: Unusual CZ 75 SP01 Shadow - comments?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 07:58:02 PM »
That thing is gorgeous!

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 02:25:33 PM »
CZ blues are called "glossy blue" by CZ and IMO the nicest looking guns the produced. Have a couple of the 75B glossy blues. Would love one like yours but too many bucks for me to add another safe queen. My standard SP01 Shadow is my favorite to shoot btw.

Re the wife disposing i see where  you are coming from as a moderately unhealthy 70 year old but recently put together a list of guns, values and who she can contact to sell them. That way I get to keep them till the end.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:39:29 PM by larryflew »
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline darkhorse1958

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 02:58:47 PM »
Great plan. 

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 03:06:45 PM »
CZ blues are called "glossy blue" by CZ and IMO the nicest looking guns the produced. Have a couple of the 75B glossy blues. Would love one like yours but too many bucks for me to add another safe queen. My standard SP01 Shadow is my favorite to shoot btw.

Re the wife disposing i see where  you are coming from as a moderately unhealthy 70 year old but recently put together a list of guns, values and who she can contact to sell them. That way I get to keep them till the end.

Good plan, keeping your guns until the end is a great goal, recoilguy on the list?

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 03:33:34 PM »
I don't know Joe, have not kept in touch  O0
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 04:21:58 PM »
I bought this unusual CZ 75 SP01 Shadow a few years ago.  I assume it is a limited edition, as I have seen no others like it.  It is built with a beautiful deeply blued frame and slide.  The controls, hammer, and trigger are gold plated.  The blued finish is breath-taking.  It is a deeper blue and more reflective than any other blued gun I own.  It is a world apart from the black pistols being produced for general use, and deeper even than the blued finish on my nicer shotguns. 

Will you collectors and CZ enthusiasts please share your thoughts on this gun?

I listed it on GunBroker a couple of days ago.  I have some watchers, but no bids yet.  I am having second thoughts about selling it.   I thought it was time to make it easier for my wife who will eventually have to deal with all my stuff.  But, this one is really special, and I should have a few years left. 

If you call CZ USA they could look up the serial number. That is definitely something special and I would get some direct info from CZ before you decide to sell it. The back story could add even more value or make you want to keep it.

I like the idea from Larryflew. Makes sense so you can keep your guns to the end. I just made it over the hill... 30 years old. So I guess I need to start preparing for the continual downward decent to my end as well. Thanks for helping me prepare Larryflew!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline darkhorse1958

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 05:33:29 PM »
Since I was already having second thoughts, I ended the GB auction.  Thanks for the feedback and advice  If nothing else, I now want to know more about the gun before I decide to let it go. 

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 07:48:44 PM »
I believe you made a good choice.

My wife also has names and numbers of people to call if I met my demise sooner rather than later.  With my diverse collection of "stuff", it would otherwise be a chore for my family to find other people who were interested in it - without giving it all away.

I am certainly not interested in moving a single thing as long as I am still enjoying them.

Offline ssqman

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 12:37:33 PM »
I would take that one right in the ground with me. It's awesome.
No, Google is not my friend

anything