Author Topic: P-07 sight adjustment - big one!  (Read 613 times)

Offline ohiodff

P-07 sight adjustment - big one!
« on: August 14, 2018, 05:59:33 PM »
So my P-07 Kadet sights are a little off:

edit: ok why isn't an imgur picture embedding?  direct link = https://imgur.com/a/OySLbU2

I'm not sure if they came this way or something happened along the way - I've only shot it twice, once I didn't really pay attention to the paper as I was shooting at a target that already had a bunch of holes in it, was just trying to get the feel for the kit.  Second time it took me a while to figure out where I was hitting (or missing) because I was so far left I was missing the paper altogether!  Took me a few minutes to notice how far off the sights were.

Anyhow I called CZ and they said I could drift the sights at home but I forgot to ask if there's a specific direction they need to go?  Do they need to be pushed only left-to-right, right-to-left, or either?  Also, what kind of punch pin can I use?  CZ has a "Steel Rear Sight Punch tool" available but won't that scratch it up?  Can I use a nylon one or maybe a nylon washer to protect it?

Any advice I can get is welcomed.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 06:15:08 PM by ohiodff »
CZ PCR - CGW
CZ P-07
CZ 85 Combat
CZ 97B
Colt King Cobra 6" .357 magnum
A bunch of inferior pistols
https://wn.nr/2cQbxh

Online painter

Re: P-07 sight adjustment - big one!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 07:15:37 PM »
Use a brass punch and move it in the direction you need to go.

The punch may transfer some brass to the sight, but won't mar the bluing. The brass will clean off.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline ViperM

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 08:41:20 PM »
Drift the rear sight in the direction you want the point of impact to move.  If your gun shoots to the left and you want to move the point of impact to the right, drift the rear sight to the right.

Online M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 09:03:02 PM »
Clamp the slide in a vise.  Use something to pad the jaws so they don't scratch the finish of the slide.

Otherwise, you can't hold the slide, hold the brass punch and hit it with the hammer (the punch).
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 07:57:21 AM »
I realize this is from a few days ago, but does that rear sight have set screws?

Offline DanMore

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 04:10:25 PM »
The rear sight should be held in place by a hex screw.

Just loosen it and then push the sight where you need it.

Mine also came loose during shooting. No big issue.