Author Topic: SP 01 vs P 01  (Read 2164 times)

Offline inletman

SP 01 vs P 01
« on: August 17, 2018, 09:23:54 PM »
I seem to shoot my P 01 better than SP 01. Perhaps because I put Dawson Precison sights (black rear and green FO front), while still using factory sights on SP 01

any thoughts?

Offline Earl Keese

Re: SP 01 vs P 01
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 11:05:00 PM »
The sights very likely account for some of it. That's the problem when you own multiple guns and mod one of them. Then you realize, they all need something extra to measure up.

Offline GBUS

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »
I?d guess it also matters how you quantify better.

My two P-01?s are probably my favorite guns right now because they fit my SD needs best. But I?d say the SP-01 that I recently gave my godson actually shoots better for me in my normal shooting dynamic. That is to say, moving from plate to plate with minimal muzzle rise where smooth is fast and that extra muzzle weight helps with all that a great deal.
Now I can?t actually say how any of them group on paper slow fire at a given distance as I haven?t actually tried that at this point.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 02:15:20 PM »
The P01 may be more accurate with the ammo you shoot.  Might try different brand/bullet weight in the SP01.

Could be sights, trigger, barrel to slide to frame lockup.  CGW barrel bushing for the SP01?  One of my compacts didn't need one and the other one needed one real bad.

No reason a shorter barreled pistol (or rifle) can't be as accurate as the longer barreled versions.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

The Guardian

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:14:40 PM »
I seem to shoot my P 01 better than SP 01. Perhaps because I put Dawson Precison sights (black rear and green FO front), while still using factory sights on SP 01
any thoughts?

Maybe if you got a different SP01 you would shoot best with that.......point being, no two guns that are manufactured or modified "the same" shoot the same.  If you have one that just came together in all the right ways, you are very fortunate.......keep it, cherish it.....and keep looking for the next one  ;D

anything