Author Topic: Sharptail Coach Gun....PICTURES added!  (Read 791 times)

Offline The Guardian

• CZ dreamin'... zzzzzzz..... don't wake me
Sharptail Coach Gun....PICTURES added!
« on: August 19, 2018, 08:25:55 AM »
Picking mine up tomorrow......have had a long “search” (trial & error type) to get to this point....thought a couple years ago about getting one, but then opted for other less expensive choices....turned out to be bad reasoning on my part......just wondering how others have liked the Sharptail coach gun.....I will provide my feedback in the near future, just didn’t see anything on these coach guns so thought I’d ask  :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 09:30:18 PM by The Guardian »
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  John Wayne as J.B Books in "The Shootist" 1976

Offline The Guardian

Re: Any Sharptail Coach Gun owners out there?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 09:42:07 AM »
Came across this review comparing both the CZ sharptail and hammer coach guns....thought it was pretty good....

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  John Wayne as J.B Books in "The Shootist" 1976

Offline The Guardian

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 08:33:10 PM »
Guess this is going to be an informational thread, instead of an exchange of info  ;)  No matter, all is good I don't mind sharing  :)......so I got my Sharptail, its everything I was expecting and hoping for upon initial inspection. I did at one time have a CZ Hammer Classic 30", liked it but am more a coach gun guy so I sold it and instead of getting Hammer Coach Gun thought I would try something a little more modern-ish.  I will be posting some pics in the next day or two so check back if your interested.......I'm also going to show some extra's that I plan to use to make it even more fun!

Offline The Guardian

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 05:39:26 PM »
Here we go.....first some general pics and then some specialized info...comments, if applicable, are at the top of the photo......;D

This schnabel style forend looks really nice....actually nicer than the Hammer SXS forend

This is the selector switch....really like the option of choosing the barrel that fires first

One of the simpler things but one I really like.....the top edge of the recoil pad is hardened slightly to prevent it from snagging on clothing

This is a 12ga to 410 adapter....just too much FUN when shooting!

This is a photo of the 12/410 adapter in the chamber

Just as a reference this is a 12ga and the 410 in the adapter

What it looks like before closing and after opening the chambers

This is some of the 12ga ammo I use.....really is all its cracked up to be

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:16:10 PM by The Guardian »

Offline Obiwan

Re: Sharptail Coach Gun....PICTURES added!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »
Just thought I'd post so you don't feel alone in this thread...  ;)

I got the Hammer Coach for Christmas last year and really like it. Triggers are still pretty stiff though. I haven't found the time and/or courage yet to take the plates off and see if I can polish surfaces a bit to get a lighter smoother pull. I may just have a gun smith do that eventually. I also need to get a better recoil pad for it.

But as far as appearance is concerned, she's a beauty! I may get the longer barreled version in the future to keep her company. :)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 11:33:07 AM by Obiwan »

Offline Louiczana

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 05:47:26 PM »
I've always wanted a CZ coach gun. Never could convince my self to get one... yet.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline Obiwan

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 11:38:22 AM »
I've always wanted a CZ coach gun. Never could convince my self to get one... yet.

I was in the same boat, trying to find justification. Wouldn't have been my first shotgun, and it isn't getting as much use as others, but I just craved one for some reason. I'm not sure what convincing is necessary, but even if you don't shoot it a lot, it's a beautiful gun and would look nice over the mantle. I see it as part use-gun, part display-gun. Heck, I'd get it just for decorative purposes.

Offline Old-Duckman

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 04:21:28 PM »
Very sweet looking shot gun.

I surfed around looking for current prices and checked out Bud's, who BTW does not have the lowest price...and he was out of stock if I recall correctly. Anyway there was only one customer review and it was a 1 star. The guy had issues with it after 1/2 box of ammo and a spring broke as he was taking off the forend...He sent it back and it had been a good bit of time and nothing back from CZ as of that writing.

The guy in the video you posted seemed to be very happy as do you. I don't own a double barrel shotgun and I would consider this one or the hammered model. Thanks for the nice post.

Offline The Guardian

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 07:17:17 PM »
Very sweet looking shot gun.

I surfed around looking for current prices and checked out Bud's, who BTW does not have the lowest price...and he was out of stock if I recall correctly. Anyway there was only one customer review and it was a 1 star. The guy had issues with it after 1/2 box of ammo and a spring broke as he was taking off the forend...He sent it back and it had been a good bit of time and nothing back from CZ as of that writing.

The guy in the video you posted seemed to be very happy as do you. I don't own a double barrel shotgun and I would consider this one or the hammered model. Thanks for the nice post.

I had the Sharptail Coach out a couple days ago.......first time firing it, I had zero issues while putting about 30 rounds through it, both 12ga and 410 with the above adapters.  I really enjoyed the experience, the 410's were awesome, though the reduced recoil 12's were very manageable with the stopping power to boot.  I've had a few SXS's in the past, to include the CZ Hammer Classic 30".......this Sharptail I would say is my favorite, like the classic looks with modern functioning. 

Offline The Guardian

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 08:34:14 PM »
Had this out a few days ago for a second time.......its just fun! Just want to keep shooting at "things" (targets get kinda boring)   My son enjoyed it as well, he's all grow-ed up now (like that ever really happens, no matter the age  ::) )  Nice change from all the semi-auto everything that seem to overwhelm range trips anymore  ;D

Offline Erikw5490

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 08:40:39 PM »
Beautiful! I want a hammer coach gun myself.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 11:51:29 PM »
That gun is oozing with class and Beauty!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline aussie57

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 10:30:13 PM »
Beautiful shotgun. The only problem is now I want one.