Author Topic: AIWB holsters for RAMI...  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Pcherry1973

AIWB holsters for RAMI...
« on: August 23, 2018, 10:32:24 AM »
Looking at AIWB holsters for my new RAMI. Looks like Vedder makes one for about $60. Anyone have any experience with their holsters, either with the RAMI, or any other gun/purpose? https://www.vedderholsters.com/cz75-rami/

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Offline mecenas

Re: AIWB holsters for RAMI...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 11:49:38 AM »
Vedder, like many other Kydex holster makers, puts the clip right in the middle of the holster.  RAMI is already pretty thick across the slide. Clip only adds to it.
I use Garrett Industries Silent Thunder. This holster has a belt clip off side so it does not increase the with of the set up. In addition, Silent Thunder has a thin inside lining which prevents wearing of the finish on hard Kydex surface.
The other AIWB holster I use for RAMI is Remore  holster. That is probably the best combination because is simply the thinnest of them all.

Offline Pcherry1973

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 12:16:34 PM »
Vedder, like many other Kydex holster makers, puts the clip right in the middle of the holster.  RAMI is already pretty thick across the slide. Clip only adds to it.
I use Garrett Industries Silent Thunder. This holster has a belt clip off side so it does not increase the with of the set up. In addition, Silent Thunder has a thin inside lining which prevents wearing of the finish on hard Kydex surface.
The other AIWB holster I use for RAMI is Remore  holster. That is probably the best combination because is simply the thinnest of them all.
Excellent feedback. Very helpful and exactly the type I was looking for. Thank you.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Offline aribus

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 01:01:14 PM »
+1 for Garrett Holsters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline skygazer

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 07:35:31 PM »
+1 for Garrett Holsters...

I got a Garrett Silent Thunder Slim II for Christmas... I have a very understanding family!  I got it with the extended sweat guard because I was worried about being constantly poked by the beavertail.  This may have been a mistake.

It is a very high quality holster, but it just won't work for me as AIWB with the RAMI.  The RAMI is so short, and the clip on the holster is so low, that when I wear it AIWB the grip always cants outward when seated and I can't avoid sweeping my crotch.  I've tried adding a foam a wedge (and a claw)... they help when standing, but still no-go when seated.  It seems that, at least for non-skinny people, a longer barrel is better for AIWB carry.  I could add some extension to the barrel end of holster, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having such a compact holster in the first place.

I should also point out that I have an inexpensive 2-clip Foxx IWB hybrid holster that I modified per https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81829.msg725592#msg725592,   By adding a foam wedge and adjusting the ride height to the lowest setting, I don't have a sweep problem when seated.  The holster is very comfortable: the tip of the mag extension tucks in behind my belt, which helps hold the grip tighter to my body.  It does make the draw a little more challenging, however.

I've decided to use the Silent Thunder Slim II as a 3:00 holster with the RAMI, and it seems to work well for that purpose.  It certainly doesn't need the claw or the foam wedge in that position, and it's extremely easy to clip and unclip from my belt.

I should also mention that the extended sweat guard digs in a little... I wish I would have gotten the shorter, standard sweat guard.  I may eventually trim it back a little myself.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 08:12:56 PM »
Nothing against the suggestions so far, but I've also had bad luck with AIWB holsters that have an offset clip as well, esp. with heavier pistols. I find they are too prone to pivoting, which shouldn't be too surprising. But as with a lot of things when it comes to the personal fit of holsters, YMMV.

I would also recommend Muddy River Tactical. They make a great AIWB at a reasonable price, and no lengthy wait period like a lot of custom manufacturers. I have this for my P-07 with the 'claw' attachment and it works great.

https://muddyrivertactical.com/product/inside-the-waistband-kydex-holster/

SP-01 Tac

P-07

Offline mecenas

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 12:34:46 PM »
I have one like that too, but the main problem with AIWB carry of this particular pistol is its width. Any Kydex holster and this, in particular because its inner lining, adds to the width of the gun and it will make the appendix carry neither comfortable nor concealable.

For AIWB carry of RAMI the best is a holster made of the soft, pliable material (nylon or thin leather), without a belt around its mouth for ease of reholstering, with a clip that can be adjusted as to its vertical position on the holster. Mine can be adjusted to the point that the pistol sits very low on the belt and the grip can be hidden behind the belt. In this position the gun disappears under a loose shirt. Main disadvantage (minor one in my opinion) is the need of removing the holster in order to reholster the gun. Mine was made by OUTBAGS at the cost of under $20.00

Offline RoninCJN

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 07:17:37 AM »
I have one like that too, but the main problem with AIWB carry of this particular pistol is its width. Any Kydex holster and this, in particular because its inner lining, adds to the width of the gun and it will make the appendix carry neither comfortable nor concealable.

For AIWB carry of RAMI the best is a holster made of the soft, pliable material (nylon or thin leather), without a belt around its mouth for ease of reholstering, with a clip that can be adjusted as to its vertical position on the holster. Mine can be adjusted to the point that the pistol sits very low on the belt and the grip can be hidden behind the belt. In this position the gun disappears under a loose shirt. Main disadvantage (minor one in my opinion) is the need of removing the holster in order to reholster the gun. Mine was made by OUTBAGS at the cost of under $20.00

I carry my RAMI AIWB every day in a Tier 1 kydex holster. To say that doing so is uncomfortable nor concealable is simply not true, in my case. I can conceal it with a t-shirt without issue. Now that doesn’t mean kydex AIWB works for everybody, and perhaps nylon/leather works best for some. But a blanket statement say A is better B is a little presumptuous.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 10:09:29 AM »

As with a lot of things in regards to holsters and personal carry, I think that really depends on the person. I AIWB the P-07 pictured above most days. It's wider than the RAMI and I don't have any issues. With the claw attachment and a foam wedge it stays nice and tucked in to my body and it's not hard to dress in a way that there is no printing going on.

Nor would I say that a 'soft' holster is necessarily the best choice for ease of re-holstering. In fact, a soft holster is typically the most difficult type to re-holster with, since they tend to collapse when there is nothing in them. That's one of the reasons many prefer a kydex holster for IWB - it retains its exact shape when you need to re-holster, and you can do so with one hand and without having to remove the holster from your belt to do so.

SP-01 Tac

P-07

Offline Esquilax

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 11:01:34 PM »
What size Remora?

I have a JM Custom Kydex. No clip in the middle, at least with my option.

There's Shook's Custom who specializes in CZ, no experience though. People seem to like 'em.

Offline pdxrealtor

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 12:38:35 AM »
I make my own kydex and use g-code clips and super MOJOs. I like the minimalist approach, and gcode clips and super MOJO attachment allows perfect belt clip placement, at least for me.

Before I discovered gcode I had a nice black hills leather holster made for aiwb... It is for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested in top quality leather.
CZ 97 BD- CGW Pro Kit/Action job
CZ 97 BD -  Stock (daughters)
CZ SP01 Tactical CGW/Action job -  threaded waiting for silencer.
CZ 75 Stainless (daughters)
CZ 75 Matte Stainless -  CGW SAO Conversion
CZ Rami BD CGW Pro package/action job -  main squeeze