Author Topic: Corporate gun control?  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Luger Fan

Corporate gun control?
« on: August 26, 2018, 07:49:35 AM »
Been hearing this 'Corporate Gun Control' a lot lately. Basically, it means that banks, Fund Companies, financial institutions are all preventing ANY firearms manufacturer, ammo companies or those making accessories will NOT get loans.

It is kind of a quiet 'backdoor' way of shutting down the gun industry. NO politician wants to risk getting voted out by fighting the Second Amendment but encouraging Wall Street to do their dirty work in their attempt to achieve the same result.   

Offline v35

Re: Corporate gun control?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 12:20:51 AM »
Do what I do... take your business away from those corporations and TELL THEM WHY.

They don't want your money anyway, so don't give it to them. Everyone's happy.... right?

There is a long list of companies with whom I will not transact business due to their anti-2A stance. A partial list follows:

Alphabet (including all of its subsidiaries Google, YouTube, Nest)
Bank of America
Starbucks
Uber
Dick's
Most newspaper / magazine publishers companies and their online equivalents (NYT, LA Times, WaPo, others I don't need to mention)
Most television broadcasters (I gave up TV over 20 years ago)
Most actors, actresses and their movies (need I mention Robert DeNiro)

A comprehensive list: http://www.2acheck.com/the-boycott-list/nras-list-of-antis/

After 40 years in my profession, I am finally fortunate enough to earn quite a bit of money. I also made some very wise investments a very long time ago (well, retrospect is everything ;) So I have a lot of discretionary income and I spend a quite a lot. Whatever I have left after my biggest expense (taxes) goes mostly to guns and ammunition these days. Weather permitting I shoot five days a week all year round. The above will not get a nickel of what I worked so hard to I earn.

I know I'm fighting a losing battle and companies are folding to the anti-2A crowd left and right, but I have my principles, and I'm stubborn. It's one reason I got to be so successful. It's up to the next generation to keep up the fight.

By the way, something I have done only recently when contemplating a purchase is to investigate a particular company, product, or individual to determine if they're on the wrong side. If they are, no sale.

On that same topic there are some cities and states in which I will not reside. I can live anywhere I want, and since most high tax states also tend to be very anti-2A they're out of the running. If they don't want me to enjoy my hobby then why should I give them my tax dollars?

Offline Ross7

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 08:21:17 PM »
Recently read an interesting article about this growing form of gun control, definitely something to keep an eye on.
Titans of American banking and communication are taking steps to restrict the use of their funds or platforms by gun makers, gun-rights advocates, and others. The threat is just now emerging, but it may be as great a danger to gun rights as it is to the culture of free speech in this nation, and indeed the two are linked.

Corporate Gun Control Might Be the Worst Threat to Gun Rights

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 10:06:09 PM »
We have to fight this with our wallets by controlling where we spend our money.
Punish the anti's and reward the pro-2A companies whenever possible.

Moken

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 12:26:35 PM »
More gun owners need to stop being passive in this. We all need to do what we can to support the 2nd amendment and the shooting sports.
v35 hit the nail on the head.

Offline gunbuster

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 11:39:42 PM »
Definitely agree we need to show and tell companies why we refuse to support them financially because of their anti-2A policies.  v35 you make some excellent points and I completely agree.  Also thanks for sharing that comprehensive listing detailing companies and celebrities who are anti-2A.  I find the hypocrisy practiced by some who made their fortunes handling firearms is disgusting (e.g. Matt Damon).  Anyone else feel the same?
Wanted:
CZ P-10 S (Optics Ready)
CZ 75 Short rail
CZ 75 Pre-B