Author Topic: My first rifle & gun  (Read 4573 times)

Offline Foo-Shoots

Re: My first rifle & gun
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 09:15:54 PM »
Eyes and ears I noticed in the pic of you shooting you are not do not have any eye or hearing protection on. Use them or one day you may not need them. yes I know a .22 LR is not that loud but if you shoot it enough it is loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage. Eye protection is just a given you are dealing with explosive propellant and things can go bad< it my not bee from your firearm it could be from the guy shooting at the bench next to you either way it is not worth loosing an eye over.

Oh and nice choice for a first firearm.
Thanks for the advice! 

Did end up using glasses and ear plugs today at the range.  Was definitely needed with numerous shooters around !

Thank you, I did end up getting lots of compliments today on my CZ ! Ha was awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline OMCHamlin

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 07:00:37 AM »
I was also going to chime in on the need for hearing and eye protection, even a "little" .22 creates noise enough to damage hearing, and once it's gone, it's gone.  I've always worn glasses, but I've lost count of how many times something has smacked into a lens that would have injured an eye.
Next; get a decent cleaning kit, but go EASY on the bore on a .22. Way more .22s have been "cleaned to death" then shot out. Save your next old toothbrush, buy a bore snake, some Hoppes and Q-Tips, and and old T-shirt.
Welcome to your new addiction...

Offline Lyle Savant

My first rifle & gun
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2018, 10:21:44 PM »
Congratulations on exercising your 2nd Amendment Right. Real nice gun, enjoy.
My CZ 512 WMR is one of the more accurate guns in my cabinet.

Offline wagon

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 01:31:13 AM »
Rings looks to be too high..  you should consider lower rings, something like Warne medium ( or equivalent) height should work.   

It is best to keep the scope as close to the bore as possible while still clear the bolt throw.

Good luck and enjoy your new toy...  and be prepared that your CZ collection is bound to grow.     Welcome to the CZitiz ward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Wiley Coyote

• It Ain't Easy Being Me!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 07:30:49 AM »
...Welcome to the CZitiz ward.

This dreaded malady has no known cure. All we can do is treat the symptoms with the periodic acquisition of a new addition to our collections. I've only had it now for four months and am already on my second purchase. Enjoy the disease with the rest of us.
Clayton

anything