Author Topic: AR15 owners, it appears that I may be joining you. Success!!!  (Read 24898 times)

Offline WaltherP99

Re: AR15 owners, it appears that I may be joining you. Sort of.
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2018, 10:03:01 AM »
Are you looking for a specific gb or just any .750 block? If any .750 block I may be able to help you out...

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2018, 05:51:51 PM »
Low profile to fit under the Aero upper and set screw style, that's all. This rifle has no pedigree. ;)

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2018, 02:39:56 AM »
Low profile to fit under the Aero upper and set screw style, that's all. This rifle has no pedigree. ;)

PM sent...

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2018, 04:14:46 AM »
Thank you!   8)

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2018, 04:21:48 AM »

Offline RSR

« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2018, 10:13:49 PM »
Just saw LaRue has their trigger on sale for $87!  https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Don't have one, but it appears to be on par w/ Geisseles...   I don't know that I've ever gotten even the G2S below $100, so this is a great deal if you can swing it. 

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2018, 07:29:06 AM »
 I bought an MBT a month or so ago when the sale started. After all the reviews by people saying it was as good as a Geisselle SSA, I planned to replace the ALG ACT in my wife's carbine. I've tried a few different triggers and my current favorite is the SD-E in my Grendel.
 I'm not sure why people compare the MBT to the Geisselle, it's not similar at all. Actually it's more like the Rock River Nat Match trigger but with a cleaner break. Like the RRA, the first stage is lighter than the second which to me just feels like pre-travel. I much prefer the heavy first stage and light second stage of the Geisselle. At this point I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the MBT or not. If I'd paid Geisselle money for the MBT I would have been very dissatisfied. At $87, it's probably priced correctly compared to the competition. I don't consider myself an expert on AR triggers, but thought I'd comment since I just bought the MBT based on reviews.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2018, 10:57:36 AM »
The trigger I have is a traditional milspec unit, and feels fine to me. :) Perhaps in the future if I find I like doing this, I will start working on the other lower or buy an aluminum one and work my way up.

Offline RSR

« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2018, 06:38:02 PM »
I bought an MBT a month or so ago when the sale started. After all the reviews by people saying it was as good as a Geisselle SSA, I planned to replace the ALG ACT in my wife's carbine. I've tried a few different triggers and my current favorite is the SD-E in my Grendel.
 I'm not sure why people compare the MBT to the Geisselle, it's not similar at all. Actually it's more like the Rock River Nat Match trigger but with a cleaner break. Like the RRA, the first stage is lighter than the second which to me just feels like pre-travel. I much prefer the heavy first stage and light second stage of the Geisselle. At this point I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the MBT or not. If I'd paid Geisselle money for the MBT I would have been very dissatisfied. At $87, it's probably priced correctly compared to the competition. I don't consider myself an expert on AR triggers, but thought I'd comment since I just bought the MBT based on reviews.

Thanks for sharing.  Good info.

No doubt this is higher quality than the RRA -- considering that one's cast and the LaRue is tool steel.  Also, the RRA is advertised as 2 stage, but w/ a 1/2 lb first stage and 4-4.5 lb second, the 2 stage function is questionable...  Don't have an RRA either. 

Vs your ALG ACT, this one is less than $20 more, so a really good deal for a quality 2 stage considering; if you want a 2 stage -- I personally much prefer 2 stage triggers whenever possible.

Read through the reviews on LaRue's website, and also this one on what's probably my favorite AR15 blog: http://www.thenewrifleman.com/the-larue-mbt-just-works/
A long time ago, I called the MBT late to the party. The tortoise and the hair. At the MBT?s intro, it was pushing $240 bones while the SSA and SSA-E were at $179. I thought, gee? that?s not even reasonable. Established G brand vs the new, and more expensive, MBT. My how the tables have turned. Larue is selling that same MBT at $87 dollars (until Xmas) and boy does it kick butt at that price. How does it stack up to big G now? Simply put: Crisply.
[...]
The MBT is substantially cheaper than anything comparable by big G. My thoughts are this: the value present in the MBT make it hard to recommend the base model 2 stage G triggers. If you pony up for the SSA-E it may indeed feel slightly more crisp, but judging by how well the MBT feels I don?t see any way that the extra 10% (hypothetical mind you) improvement of the SSA-E will improve your shooting unless your going to nationals? which then you would need an adjustable High Speed NM or Wisc Trigger Co. product anyway! It?s definitely one of those things you have to feel and decide in person, but it?s hard for me to justify the price of competitors when the MBT compares so favorably.

Regardless, I'm also aware that LaRue isn't perfect:
http://looserounds.com/2018/05/15/larue-tactical-obr-7-62mm-rifle-troubles/
http://looserounds.com/2016/09/20/test-your-gear-or-how-larue-tactical-made-me-look-bad/

This site being my 2nd favorite AR15 blog.  And here's their older review of the LaRue trigger: http://looserounds.com/2015/06/27/quick-review-of-the-larue-mbt-trigger/
When the MBT was new, it was noticeably stiffer and longer pull than the SSA, but after being greased and a few rounds fired it feels mostly similar to the SSA. The MBT used to be priced at $250, the SSA $220, at those prices I would always recommend the SSA over the MBT. At the sale price of $125, I don?t think the MBT can be beat. Now I see the MBT is priced at $200, which makes it better competition for the Geissele SSA.

The MBT appears to be a good trigger, but honestly I currently prefer the SSA a bit over it. The MBT is a very nice trigger and if you want one, get it. I am looking forward to seeing how it feels after it has more rounds on it and is better broken in.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2018, 06:49:33 PM »
I currently have the MBT in the Larue trigger test fixture. I'm going to try it in the gun for a while and see if I like it. No doubt it's made better than the RRA, but that's what came to mind with the very first pull. I prefer 2 stage triggers as well. With the effusive praise all over the web, I was probably expecting too much. I don't think I've ever seen a negative review on Larue's site, so I don't put much faith in them there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2018, 07:28:38 PM »
These showed up today...:) Thank you to one fine member here. :D

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2018, 09:13:54 PM »
RRA's are that heavy?  Mine must be so "crisp" they just feel lighter than they are.  I've got at least two, maybe three.  No issues and sweet triggers.

I've also go a couple CMC's, a couple Giselle SSA-E's, another one I can't remember the name of and a few pretty standard GI type triggers.

Triggers are a "funny" thing.  I thought the red one (red body, gold trigger and hammer) was a really light trigger.  Other folks that shot it commented how nice it was.  The other day I took that AR15 and my other 18" barreled AR15 to the range and side by side it was obvious the Giselle was way lighter.  Way lighter.  Can't tell you what either of them is on the gauge, but pulling the trigger shows the Giselle beats the heck out of the red one.

I know how to tell a bad trigger.  When you get near the end of your shooting session and you realize your trigger finger is sore/tender from spending so much time with the trigger held at the "wall" waiting to break it and fire the shot.  When it takes that much pressure to make it go bang, I don't need it.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »
These showed up today...:) Thank you to one fine member here. :D

That's awesome! All that's left is a set of sights right? I wonder if Scorpion carbine sights would work?

Offline GBUS

« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2018, 08:53:28 AM »
That's awesome! All that's left is a set of sights right? I wonder if Scorpion carbine sights would work?

[/quote]

If anyone needs some MBUIS
https://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.com/Magpul-MBUS-Front-and-Rear-Sight-Set-Various-Colors-MBUS-SET.htm

Offline Erikw5490

« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2018, 01:26:13 PM »
Palmetto has mbus at $49.99 on sale for the set.