Author Topic: Serious Weapon or Range Toy?  (Read 2364 times)

Offline adrian

Re: Serious Weapon or Range Toy?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2019, 12:10:01 PM »
     Hiya roomie and thx for starting the thread. I'd seen some cz ads with the SWAT teams carrying them and wanting to round out my cz collection, tho preferring steel and alloy to plastic and polymer. Its a round easier to afford to practice with. With my shooting style,center axis,I knew I wasn't going to make it a SBR,but needed to go with a vert grip,then learned I'd have to apply with ATF and tax stamp it to make that legal. After a few hundred rounds I hoped I'd be happier with the trigger, that led to Stu doing the trigger package which was a noticeable improvement. Not sure why I added the compensator, and bought some larger capacity mags. The thought to run hollow points never crossed my mind,so I guess the whole exercise was I wanted a range toy. With operators chiming in on preferences for home defense. Bedside Benilli 14"Entry,with tube extender,vert grip,light on rail,and OObuckshot, hollow points in po-2 omega,and backup cz 83. All fine options, unless ones home invaders get the drop on ya. Tough being ready if your in the shower,loo,or get that tap on your shoulder at 3am. Cheers.

Offline HamHands

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 09:44:16 PM »
I'm serious about protecting my family, myself, and our home. My go to home defense gun(s) have recently been 10.5" AR's I've built, tested, and spent a LOT of trigger time behind and running drills at farm shoot's that I regularly sponsor for over the last 25 years. The AR Platform is a serious gun that can be relied upon. I've been into the Scorpion for a minute or three now putting mine thru it's paces as well as I do all firearms I use. It's a very good design as it's rugged, stupid simple, and I've yet to have a malfunction. In fact... our Scorpion has just superseded my beloved aforementioned 10.5" AR's as the castle's go to firearms, (one staged downstairs and one upstairs concealed in hide-away-furniture); as the Scorpion is 100% a serious use weapon that I trust the lives of myself, my girls, our pooches, and our home without a second thought. CZ hit it out of the park with this design. I think we'll continue to see more and more agencies adopt this platform in their go to rotation more and more as it is becoming more and more popular ever so; it has quite an impressive list of end users as is. I bet our lives on it for sure. As a guy that has been an attempted victim of a home invasion and 2 street robberies (I'm in Commercial Real Estate), and a husband and father I take my familie's safety very serious and I have zero reservations as to the seriousness and effectiveness of my Scorpion. Take that for what it's worth...

Offline nitesite

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2019, 05:13:26 PM »
I belong to several other firearm forums and have seen this post, or one just about like it a couple of times now. 

Shoot it a while and make sure it is reliable, and accurate.  Those types of questions can only be answered with lots of time behind the trigger.

Personally, I'm not hesitant to grab mine.

I am trying to get authorization from my department to keep mine in my patrol vehicle.  I trust the EVO 3 Scorpion as a law enforcement firearm for use in close quarters.  We don't slam our firearms against rocks very often.
Police Officer
US Army veteran
Reloader
Bullet Caster
Dog Lover

Offline John A.

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2019, 05:33:56 PM »
I hope the Sheriff approves for you to use it.

When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline nitesite

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2019, 05:52:40 PM »
I hope the Sheriff approves for you to use it.

Hi John.  :)
Police Officer
US Army veteran
Reloader
Bullet Caster
Dog Lover

Offline John A.

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2019, 06:46:11 PM »
Hi buddy.   8)
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline Phaedrus/69

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2019, 11:33:03 PM »
Here's the way I have mine setup.  I recently got a Sig Romeo 5 sight which is on top.  I've got a Magpul AFG, an SB Tactical brace and a Surefire 6P host with a Malkoff M61 dropin.  It's set up with a tape switch secured in a Manta rail switch mount.  It's hard to see but since mine is an old Scorpion I needed a thread adapter which I added.  The last thing I'm waiting on is a KAC flash can which has been in the mail for two weeks now. :o  The magazine is from Manticore, loaded up with 147gr +P Federal HST.  Again, the Bren 805 is also set up for HD/zombie duty but I wouldn't hesitate to grab the Scorpion if there's a bump in the night.

Offline Issues