Author Topic: Evo hammer / bolt wear  (Read 247 times)

Offline dallasb

Evo hammer / bolt wear
« on: November 29, 2018, 09:51:23 PM »
Hey guys,

I did some searching but was unable to find the information I'm looking for. I have a gen 2 evo that had the welded trigger. Not sure on the round count as I purchased used, but the hammer and bolt seem to have more wear that I have seen on other firearms. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get a chance. My biggest concern is the bolt, it has the typical shine mark on the bottom near the firing pin safety, but also has a rounded edge where the bolt contacts the hammer to recock the firearm.

Thanks,

Dallas

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 07:14:44 AM by dallasb »

Offline Asylum9

Re: Evo hammer / bolt wear
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 07:57:32 AM »
I don't recall off hand if my bolt is worn the same or not but the hammer wear issue has come up before and was deemed normal. Mine looked similar after only a few hundred rounds but hasn't gotten worse either.
ApIII%

Offline HBi

• HB Industries
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 10:05:46 AM »
It's normal, nothing to worry about :)

Offline dallasb

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »
Thanks guys. The rounded section on the back of the bolt is what worried me most.

Offline Ktm45

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 04:16:01 PM »
Dallasb.   
I had those same thoughts when I first got my Scorpion. I took a small stone and polished/rounded that edge on the bolt. Not much...just enough to take the edge off. I did the same thing on the hammer.   Well 4K rounds later I can tell you what I did was unneeded. The wear is completely normal and actually just stopped after it was like yours. I had also asked HBI and they told me exactly what they told you. They are a wealth of very useful information and they are great for this sport.   
Go shoot that puppy 😎.

Offline dallasb

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 04:23:40 PM »
Dallasb.   
I had those same thoughts when I first got my Scorpion. I took a small stone and polished/rounded that edge on the bolt. Not much...just enough to take the edge off. I did the same thing on the hammer.   Well 4K rounds later I can tell you what I did was unneeded. The wear is completely normal and actually just stopped after it was like yours. I had also asked HBI and they told me exactly what they told you. They are a wealth of very useful information and they are great for this sport.   
Go shoot that puppy .
Thank you for the info. I've had the gun for a year or so and love to shoot it.

anything