Author Topic: A new Scorpion EVO.... BULLPUP!  (Read 13759 times)

Offline czfan12

Re: A new Scorpion EVO.... BULLPUP!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 07:49:34 AM »
Aw heck, now I'm gonna have to buy another Scorp...   ;)

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 12:49:32 AM »
I will get some more pics up tomorrow (just got home from work, a loooong day with lots of media calling and emails!)  and We Like Shooting has two videos up on it.

We are working to do a live Q&A this week, I will post up details as soon as we have all the details set up.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 12:50:53 AM »
Estimated availability and price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ballpark $400 give or take for the conversion kit (it was designed from the outset to be a new model of Scorpion EVO, but CZ is going to start by launching kits first)

Kits should be available before the end of the year.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 12:53:32 AM »
What's the diameter under the handguard for those of us who have already sbr'd our scorpion and would like to screw our cans on underneath of the handguard.

Is the scorpion evo serial number visible with the bullpup body on?  This could be an issue for NFA guys if not.

It uses the OEM carbine forend, so whatever that will accommodate- at least a 1.5" diameter suppressor

The bullpup parts are the lower receiver, buttplate, cheekrest/deflector, and riser rail (which doesn't need to be used if your optic is of the proper height for you).  The rest is standard Scorpion EVO carbine- i.e. receiver, bolt, barrel, forend.  The serial number and info is still visible on the right side of the receiver, no worries.

We will be offering some nifty forends for those who want something different than the OEM carbine forend.  ;)

Sven
manticore arms

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 12:55:34 AM »
What is overall length of this? Bullpup fan and also own an X95 with your cantilever forend.

OAL 26.5" with a 16" barreled carbine.

It was designed from the outset to let you have a non NFA gun that is as short as possible. 

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 12:59:43 AM »
Well, it does appear to have a cross bolt safety, so I imaging it doesn't even have a factory trigger pack in it.

Just a guess though.  I'm sure more will come out in the next week.

It uses the standard trigger pack with a Patent Pending Trigger Bar and Trigger Shoe component.  The Trigger Shoe replaces the original plastic trigger bow on the trigger pack (did I say trigger enough?  lol)  and interlocks with the trigger bar so that the trigger and the parts in the trigger pack move together, i.e. this is not just a trigger bar pressing against an OEM trigger with a spring to pull it back forward, the trigger pack itself causes the trigger to move back to the reset position.

Trigger pull is a little longer and around 3/4 lb heavier than the OEM, but no one who has test fired it, all of the general public included, have had any complaints.  Most of them said "now that you mention it, I didn't even think about the trigger"  and I have fired it all day long without getting a sore finger or anything like that (something I have gotten from the OEM Tavor trigger on long range days)

Sven
manticore arms

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 01:07:20 AM »
Bullpup triggers have steadily evolved, WAY past those horrid SKS/AK modifications of the 80s...*shudder*, and I heard good things about Tavors and such, so it's very possible given Manticore's reputation of excellence that they have indeed, gotten it right, looking forward to reviews.

Since I can guess what the guy with the timeout said, let me make this clear:

We approached CZ USA with a proof of concept of this two years ago.  This was designed from the outset, with many meetings with CZ USA, to be a new factory model of the Scorpion EVO.  This is not some chintzy 1980's muzzlelite plastic shell, this is a very thoroughly desgined, developed, tested, and reviewed product that has gone through multiple design revisions over the last two years to get it to what you see.   A LOT of money and time has gone into this.  If CZ had launched this without our name on it,  I am confident no one would have a second thought about it or ever guessed we did the design

Everything in this design, including the trigger pull, safety configuration, and trigger system was reviewed by CZ USA's engineering team to make sure they were satisfied with the final product, and it would not have been launched to the public if they thought it wasn't up to their (and our) standards of quality.  CZ and Manticore Arms both have our logo on this product, but this is a CZ USA OEM product.

It was decided to launch as a kit first, but we are pretty sure market pressure will likely get factory built Scorpion EVO Bullpups to happen.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline biggerhammer

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 09:03:39 AM »
How about southpaws?

Offline mountainrider

• The Catasstrophy; so many contenders!
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 10:16:57 AM »
Apologies, Sven.  But search skill lacking thread viewers might need a direct link to see what your brilliance has produced. If this nudges me to the front of the wait line...so be it.

Although I once owned a couple, I don't really have a SIGnature.

Offline mountainrider

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 11:56:03 AM »
Thank you John A, for understanding: I only have the well being of the forum at the forefront of this sacrifice I make.

Offline DanT

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 04:50:32 PM »
Very nice!  Now I just need to figure out if it will work with my older EVO carbine. 

I got a replacement trigger pack a few months back in a lower and found it did not mate well with my carbine.  It worked, but there was a bit of a gap between the front where the upper and lower meet up.  It seemed as if the dimensions had perhaps shifted a little bit since mine was made.

- DanT Phoenix, AZ

Offline eastman

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »
I need to make it to next year's Bullpup Shoot so I can try this out. And then I'll probably need to buy one.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline majulook

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2018, 11:51:42 AM »
Looking froward for the conversion kit release.

One thing I noticed based on the pictures it seems to me that the fore stock needs to longer to accommodate a better hand placement.

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2018, 07:15:50 PM »
Looking froward for the conversion kit release.

One thing I noticed based on the pictures it seems to me that the fore stock needs to longer to accommodate a better hand placement.

Part of the design requirements form CZ USA was to make sure the OEM grip and forend worked with the layout (and we wanted to show that in the initial setups we debuted).   The very agnled grip of the CZ OEm grip dictated how far forward we had to place the grip lug and trigger, as we needed room to be able to pull out the magazine with your hand around it and not bump into the grip.

This left a certain amount of OEM carbine forend in front of the trigger guard.  It does lead to a bit of a unique grip position with the offhand, but not uncomfortable (the forend blends right into the trigger guard, spent a lot of time on that transition shape and angle) and there are 2 MLOK slots available on the front underside of the OEM forend if you want to mount a vertical foregrip.

We already have some longer forends in production that will go nively with this kit, so no worries- if you want a longer forend, options will be available, and if not (and even if you don't find there is enough forend for your liking with the OEM) you can mount a VFG with no issues.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline mountainrider

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »
Sven,

Has it been determined that Manticore will be (or will not be) a resource for the conversion kit, in addition to CZUSA?

I'm ready to commit to a first run buy.

anything