Author Topic: A new Scorpion EVO.... BULLPUP!  (Read 13750 times)

Offline travinh

Re: A new Scorpion EVO.... BULLPUP!
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2018, 11:59:09 PM »
Sven,

Can I be able to convert an EVO pistol to bullpup?

Thanks,
Cal

Offline majulook

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2018, 12:36:08 PM »
Looking froward for the conversion kit release.

One thing I noticed based on the pictures it seems to me that the fore stock needs to longer to accommodate a better hand placement.

Part of the design requirements form CZ USA was to make sure the OEM grip and forend worked with the layout (and we wanted to show that in the initial setups we debuted).   The very agnled grip of the CZ OEm grip dictated how far forward we had to place the grip lug and trigger, as we needed room to be able to pull out the magazine with your hand around it and not bump into the grip.

This left a certain amount of OEM carbine forend in front of the trigger guard.  It does lead to a bit of a unique grip position with the offhand, but not uncomfortable (the forend blends right into the trigger guard, spent a lot of time on that transition shape and angle) and there are 2 MLOK slots available on the front underside of the OEM forend if you want to mount a vertical foregrip.

We already have some longer forends in production that will go nively with this kit, so no worries- if you want a longer forend, options will be available, and if not (and even if you don't find there is enough forend for your liking with the OEM) you can mount a VFG with no issues.

Sven
Manticore Arms

That is great news about the longer forends.

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2018, 04:08:09 PM »
Sven,

Can I be able to convert an EVO pistol to bullpup?

Thanks,
Cal

The lower will fit any Scorpion as long as the forend is long enough to reach the front of the trigger guard and hook into M-LOK on the underside, i.e. a Scorpion carbine, a Scorponi pistol with the OEM carbine forend (the model with the KAK flash can). The forend will need to be about 8.5" to 9" long and have the MLOK slots in a similar position to the OEM carbine forend. We will be offering a full line of forends that work with no changes to the bullpup kit, and there is a way to make some M-LOK aftermarket forends work with most likely the simple change of one small part on the bullpup lower receiver.

You can install the lower on guns with shorter forends, but for warranty and safety reasons it is not recommended.

ON a side note, we are working with Ratworx onthe  Venom suppressor you see on the "Stinger PDW" in a lot of the pics, and we are discuss with Ratworx if they may offer completely built Stinger PDWs for the public to buy from them. They are looking into if that would be a two stamp or a one stamp gun (we are hoping it can be done as a one stamp gun where you can "divorce" the suppressor from the SBR later if you want to split them up).

In my ideal world the Stinger PDW, a factory integrally suppressed hearing safe one stamp SBR pistol caliber carbine that is only 21.5" and available to the public from that configuration from a dealer will be a reality.   8)

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2018, 04:10:12 PM »
Looking froward for the conversion kit release.

One thing I noticed based on the pictures it seems to me that the fore stock needs to longer to accommodate a better hand placement.

Part of the design requirements form CZ USA was to make sure the OEM grip and forend worked with the layout (and we wanted to show that in the initial setups we debuted).   The very agnled grip of the CZ OEm grip dictated how far forward we had to place the grip lug and trigger, as we needed room to be able to pull out the magazine with your hand around it and not bump into the grip.

This left a certain amount of OEM carbine forend in front of the trigger guard.  It does lead to a bit of a unique grip position with the offhand, but not uncomfortable (the forend blends right into the trigger guard, spent a lot of time on that transition shape and angle) and there are 2 MLOK slots available on the front underside of the OEM forend if you want to mount a vertical foregrip.

We already have some longer forends in production that will go nively with this kit, so no worries- if you want a longer forend, options will be available, and if not (and even if you don't find there is enough forend for your liking with the OEM) you can mount a VFG with no issues.

Sven
Manticore Arms

That is great news about the longer forends.

Once we are a bit closer to public release on the bullpup coversions and longer forends I will post some pics of what they look like all kitted out- pretty sure minds will be blown if you see some of the stuff we are doing in house right now.   ;)

Sven

Offline No. 6

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2018, 04:25:38 PM »
- pretty sure minds will be blown if you see some of the stuff we are doing in house right now.   ;)

Sven

Watching "The Men Who Stare At Goats" right now to see if I can develop my "remote viewing" capabilities.   :o
Bren 805 SBR  527M 7.62x39  Scorpion Evo 3 SBR

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2018, 06:33:41 PM »
- pretty sure minds will be blown if you see some of the stuff we are doing in house right now.   ;)

Sven

Watching "The Men Who Stare At Goats" right now to see if I can develop my "remote viewing" capabilities.   :o

LOL

Offline travinh

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2018, 10:13:51 PM »
Sven,

What is the weight of the conversion kit?
In another word, what is the final weight of the EVO carbine conversion to bullpup?

Thanks,
Cal

Offline mountainrider

• The Catasstrophy; so many contenders!
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2018, 10:30:33 AM »
Another video popped up:

Although I once owned a couple, I don't really have a SIGnature.

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2018, 06:18:34 PM »
Sven,

What is the weight of the conversion kit?
In another word, what is the final weight of the EVO carbine conversion to bullpup?

Thanks,
Cal

Weight of a converted carbine in the bullpup configuration is 7 lbs 8 ounces as I recall (don't have it right in front of me)

I can weigh the components when I am back in the office on Wed, travelling for work right now.

Sven

Offline DanT

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2018, 10:51:30 AM »
I am in.  I can't wait for the kit to come out.

That said, I will likely have to mess a bit with the safety since it is probability set up for an unmodified trigger pack..  Since I have shimmed the trigger to get a shorter trigger pull, I will have to move the safety notch "over" a bit to accommodate a trigger that has a fair amount of trigger pull "preloading".

Not a big deal, just need to file out one edge of the notch and partially cover the other edge with a bit of brass shim stock, epoxied into place.

Neat project!

DanT  Phoenix, AZ

Offline mountainrider

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2018, 03:02:33 PM »
Still eager to get my grubby mitts on one too!

Offline GearFondler

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2018, 09:59:16 PM »
I'll be honest... The Bullpup Carbine Kit seems like nothing more than an expensive option to change things up without adding much to the platform. Just my personal opinion.
BUT....
This prototype that Sven showed off is Definitely an interesting variation that seems like a great option if you are willing to deal with the 2 Stamp hassle and expense.
20" OAL SBR with 8" Integrally Suppressed Barrel.
Definitely Bad-ass and practical.

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2018, 02:49:36 PM »
Link to the full video that gives a quick rundown on the Bullpup EVO, its origins, intents, and the direction it can be taken.

https://www.facebook.com/Recoil.gun.lifestyle/videos/387407138464123/

Offline mountainrider

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2018, 12:31:00 AM »
For those of us who avoid facebook like HRC avoids arrest;

This kit is SSsssss-lick!

Offline hyperpm

A new Scorpion EVO.... BULLPUP!
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2018, 01:23:37 AM »
Interesting in a good way. Here?s a side by side with some OG Bullpups (X95 and KSG)next to my Scorpion. In Cali, OAL needs to be 30? so will need extra length muzzle brake to meet that req.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:25:15 AM by hyperpm »