Author Topic: Fitting aftermarket barrel for Tanfoglio Stock III reccomendations  (Read 212 times)

Offline odessit

Fitting aftermarket barrel for Tanfoglio Stock III reccomendations
« on: September 14, 2018, 11:08:42 PM »
Good evening everyone. I recently purchased Tanfoglio Stock 3 in 40s&w and bought a 10mm 6 inch conversion barrel for it. Per instructions, it says that it will need a final finish on a barrel to fit the gun. I am looking for someone who would do that fitting. I don’t want to send it Cajun gun works cause it will take 3 months to complete. Can you recommend someone who you personally used before and were satisfied with their service.
As you can see on the picture the slide doesn’t lock forward with conversion barrel installed

Offline Moken

Re: Fitting aftermarket barrel for Tanfoglio Stock III reccomendations
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 11:11:31 AM »
What is your location? I know we have several smiths in out area that are more than capable of your task.

Offline odessit

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »
I am in New York City

Offline Moken

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 03:19:29 PM »
Are there not any local smiths?
Hopefully someone will come along that has some info.

Offline jfk

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 02:23:40 PM »
Good evening everyone. I recently purchased Tanfoglio Stock 3 in 40s&w and bought a 10mm 6 inch conversion barrel for it. Per instructions, it says that it will need a final finish on a barrel to fit the gun. I am looking for someone who would do that fitting. I don’t want to send it Cajun gun works cause it will take 3 months to complete. Can you recommend someone who you personally used before and were satisfied with their service.
As you can see on the picture the slide doesn’t lock forward with conversion barrel installed

If you have a few mini files and a sharpening stone or some sandpaper with a backing block, you can fit the barrel to your slide.  This is a decent how to video.  A lot talks about a compensated barrel.  The actual fitting is fairly straight forward. :