Author Topic: Glock 19X  (Read 1694 times)

Offline RPN

Glock 19X
« on: September 15, 2018, 01:33:34 PM »
New firearm for me- Glock 19X...I was interested in the new 19x and really liked it when I checked it out in a couple of stores. Surprised me b/c the 19 did a big old nothing for me- I shot it poorly and it felt like a block to me.

Got to put the first 150 rounds through it today and was surprised I shot pretty well with it.

and with the target that was less than 50 feet...which is still pretty good for me...

I'm liking it! Feels pretty good in hand, I like the capacity and I think it's as good looking as a Glock is going to get! I will say the recoil impulse is better for me than the CZ P10C and maybe the trigger too...that surprised me!

Offline Smitty79

• So many guns, so little time
Re: Glock 19X
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 07:52:19 PM »
I don't understand the reason for the 19X.   It has no longer sight radius than a regular 19, which means a G17 or 34 is better for tight shots.   The grip is longer.   For this size gun, the length of the grip is the dimension that is most limiting for concealment.

I would by a 34 or 17 for a duty gun or for a carry condition that is easy to hide.   If I had a harder hide situation, I'd go with a 19.   I might carry a back up G17 magazine for more rounds, though  the difference between 31 and 33 is pretty unimportant for a civilian use case.

If you like it and shoot it well, go for it.   I have a bunch of guns that are just for fun.   Given that Glocks are so defensive oriented, I don't know why they came out with it.
Don't mistake my high post count for knowledge or wisdom.   I just like hearing myself type.

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 09:14:23 PM »
Maybe your hand likes the longer grip?
But I agree with Smitty, I don't understand it ether. Glock might be running out of ideas to improve its handguns. Maybe we can help them out in that area.

Offline dragon813gt

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 10:23:24 PM »
The 19X was developed for the US Army and they didn?t pick it.  So they?re now selling it to civilians.  The specs seem odd but it?s what the Army wanted. 

Offline RPN

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 07:24:37 AM »
I like the video on it by Clay Martin with GunsAmerica.  Think his highlights were full grip, quicker transitions, quicker out of the holster...and losing a smidge of weight.  Thought is was interesting too that he mentioned his unit had grip extenders on their 19s to get a similar effect.

Something else for me is I think it's good to have a Glock in the stable from a prepping point of view.

I'm surprised I'm liking it as much as I am.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 08:49:54 PM »
Shooting the Glock matches I found I shoot my G19 better than my G17, so when the 19X came out I was interested in it and I actually liked the color!

I didn't like the price and that was the only thing stopping me and when Glock offered the Veteran's discount I went ahead and bought one.
I did a little polishing and got rid of the night sights as a black rear and a Fiber optic sight works best for me. It has been flawless with all the ammo I tried in it and I have been doing pretty well shooting it in other competitions.
The no finger groove grip feels good to me and I like the way it handles and points to the targets.

It may not be for everyone but most that buy one end up really liking it.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 01:04:48 PM »
Shooting the Glock matches I found I shoot my G19 better than my G17, so when the 19X came out I was interested in it and I actually liked the color!

I didn't like the price and that was the only thing stopping me and when Glock offered the Veteran's discount I went ahead and bought one.
I did a little polishing and got rid of the night sights as a black rear and a Fiber optic sight works best for me. It has been flawless with all the ammo I tried in it and I have been doing pretty well shooting it in other competitions.
The no finger groove grip feels good to me and I like the way it handles and points to the targets.

Yea I hear ya on the 19X,,I got rid of all my "Striker" guns but still have a lot of Glock mags and small parts so it seems natural to grab one of these guns ! I am all about CZs for sure now but it can't hurt to have a extra handgun in the safe. I have held a couple of the X guns and even though I didn't have a problem with the finger grooves I like how the 19X feels. I have watched a lot of vids on the gun and it appears to fill that little niche in between all my CZs. Its just a matter of time before I grab one. Sooo oldfrank what's the deal with the Veterans discount ? What's needed to get that ? I guess I can do a search myself but any info would be col,,,Thanks.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 03:22:24 PM »
Unfortunately it ended on Labor Day after starting on July 4. It allowed veterans to buy at the same price as law Enforcement. I am sorry you missed it, it was a pretty good savings.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 04:06:58 PM »
Thanks Frank,yea I saw that ! Oh well its just a Glock,,LOL Maybe next year or they will see the feed back and do it all the time. Anyways I sent the link with info to my Son-In-law who is a Retired (Medical/Disabled) Vet so he can enjoy the price break. Thanks again.

Offline RPN

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 02:42:58 PM »

If I keep liking mine as much as I am, I may change out the sights also for Wilson Tactical Vickers.

Offline MikeR90S

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 08:19:10 PM »
The key for me is that the 17-34-19x frames point almost properly whereas the 19 aims for the sky in my natural grip.

Offline Schwifty

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 04:46:58 PM »
The extra .250" on the 19x conceals just fine and is faster from target to target than the 17 or 34. I think it's almost as tall as a P10c so if that's concealable IWB then so is the Glock.

anything