Author Topic: CZ 75 B SA, Options for improving trigger feel?  (Read 123 times)

Offline PewPewPtwang

CZ 75 B SA, Options for improving trigger feel?
« on: September 16, 2018, 11:50:12 AM »
I recently purchased a CZ 75 B SA. I've got a couple hundred rounds through it, and I'm gaining respect for the pistol's capabilities and features. That said, I am disappointed with the stock trigger:
  • There is a lot of creep in the trigger. My Walther PPQ, which is a striker pistol, has less creep than this pistol.
  • The trigger reset is very long. The reset point is very close to the front of the trigger pull, forcing me to let the trigger all the way out before I fire the next round.
  • The trigger reach is a little long for my tastes. This is just a personal preference issue, and not necessarily a design flaw. [\li]
Based on my research so far, it sounds like the trigger creep is caused by deep, hooked notches in the stock hammer. This can be resolved by replacing the stock hammer with an aftermarket competition hammer by CGW or CZcustom. My question is, are these aftermarket hammers safe for self-defense applications (e.g. concealed carry, home defense)?

As a former SIG P226 fanboy, I've come to love the Short Reset Trigger kit that SIG sells for the P226 line. Does CZ offer a similar upgrade for the 75 B SA? I couldn't seem to find any such "kit" on the CGW or CZcustom website that was designed for the SA only model. I did see an upgrade kit that mentioned reducing the reset, but it appeared to be for the DA/SA version of the 75B.

Lastly, what are my options for reducing trigger reach? I see that CGW offers a SAO trigger that is adjustable for pre-travel and over-travel. I didn't see any mention of reducing trigger reach, however, in the product description.

Thank you in advance for your help and feedback.

Offline Earl Keese

Re: CZ 75 B SA, Options for improving trigger feel?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 03:00:53 PM »
You'll need one of the hammers you listed, a CGW floating trigger pin, and a trigger with pre and over travel screws. The pre-travel screw makes all the difference. If you want to lighten the pull about a half pound, the CGW trigger return spring works well.

Offline aasbra

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 10:06:00 PM »
Just finished installing the Cajun defensive carry package and SAO blade trigger in my 75b SA earlier today.  While I haven’t had it out to the range yet (letting the loctite cure on the adjustable sear as I type this), the trigger pull and feel is totally improved.  Removed the creep; it’s crisp and lighter, and the reset is shorter.  After installing the kit, it feels like a different gun.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 10:32:51 PM »
FWIW, I delete the firing pin block in mine(CGW spacer) and fit the sear to work with the new hammer. Just my personal preference to get the shortest amount of travel and save a few bucks by not buying the adjustable sear.