Author Topic: Ontological Certitude  (Read 8298 times)

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence."
    • The Children's Bread
Re: Ontological Certitude
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 03:47:38 PM »
RAMI, 75Compact, 97, all feel pretty good in my XXL hands. But the most ergonomic gun I've got is my Browning Hi-Power. I bobbed the hammer, so the hammer bite is kept to a reasonable lever. Nothing feels as "pointable".
But, alas, they are now out of production. So for current production guns, it's hard to beat the CZ lineup.
Hi MrOgre,
This one looks pretty comfy, with grip bulges to fill the metacarpal trough similar to the 1911:
https://www.eaglegrips.com/1398-tm_thickbox_default/browning-hi-power-american-elk-grips.jpg
Very pretty hardware, thanks!
Have you yet acquired a CZ 97 BD? They're ~1/8" longer trigger reach than the "standard" set by the 1911, so fit large hands nicely.
https://americanhandgunner.com/czs-97-b-45-acp/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:54:36 PM by PappaWheelie, Reason: "...metacarpal..." was "...metatarsal..." »
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

Offline MrOgre

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 05:24:42 PM »
97B no D. I like to carry "cocked and locked". Not that I carry that brick too much. That's why I got the RAMI.

Offline aussie57

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 05:52:50 PM »
The "best" pistol with regards to ergonomics and shootability is a highly subjective matter. What works and feels great for one person may not for someone with bigger or smaller paws. I really like the RAMI but a Glock 19 fits me like a glove and I shoot it well. My brother-in-law prefers the S&W M&P because he has smaller hands and it fits him better. Find what works for you and learn to shoot it well.

Offline flphotog

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 09:04:26 AM »
I've got several CZ's and love them all. The only one I ever owned that I really didn't like was the RAMI, sold it a few months ago and have no sellers remorse on this one at all.

Offline charlestheforth

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 03:26:40 AM »
The "best" pistol with regards to ergonomics and shootability is a highly subjective matter. What works and feels great for one person may not for someone with bigger or smaller paws. I really like the RAMI but a Glock 19 fits me like a glove and I shoot it well. My brother-in-law prefers the S&W M&P because he has smaller hands and it fits him better. Find what works for you and learn to shoot it well.

(Puckers lips, puts hand forward...pointer and thumb touching all other fingers extended...)  WroOONG!

The rami is the greatest gun known to man.  Trust me I have a tremendous amount of firearms.

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence."
    • The Children's Bread
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 03:40:34 PM »
Hear, hear charlestheforth! I've added your post to the hall of fame in the original post.

Not to say best for everybody: the Sig P365 will be better for folks with smallish hands for instance, but best for the greatest number of shooters.
For those who either have "smallish hands" [...] or know someone who has taken the plunge for the truly tiny Sig P365, here (compliments of PeachBoy son's upgrade from his Kahr), is a link to the latest PappaWheelie Invisible holster:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/920601935/m/4300054644
The PappaWheelie concept's "deep cover" invisibility is permitted by the perfect centering of the barrel tip of a subcompact in the pelvic triangle, thereby minimizing the above belt exposure to that needed for reliable extraction. In addition to tucked shirt invisibility, this carry location obviates snatching by an adversary.
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

anything