Author Topic: New member looking for a new 97b (Found)  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Bricknhank

New member looking for a new 97b (Found)
« on: September 20, 2018, 08:46:25 PM »
Greetings. New to the forum. Avid 45 acp and 9mm shooter. I own a number of 9mm pistols including a CZ Shadow 2 that I am in love with. I am getting arthritis in my hands which doesn?t give me any problems when I shoot 9mm but it?s starting to hurt when shooting 45. My 45?s are all 1911?s so I have been looking for a gun that might have a softer recoil (I wouldn?t argue about a higher capacity than the 1911?s). I have looked at the FNX and HK?s which are nice guns but I like it whenever I can stay with steel. Which brings me to the 97b. I figure with the weight of the 97b it should suck up some of the recoil. And if it's anything like my Shadow 2 it should be a great shooter.

My problem is they are rather hard to find. I have been considering ordering a tricked out 97b from Cajon Gun Works (I hope that it?s OK to mention them on the forum?). It would have to be ordered but a stock gun would have to be ordered no matter what gun shop I go to so I figured it may even be faster to buy from Cajun. Does that make any sense? Any opinions welcomed.
Thanks in advance,
Hank
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:46:26 PM by Bricknhank »

Offline eastman

Re: New member looking for a new 97b
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 09:35:03 PM »
The 97 (B or BD) is about the softest shooting .45 ACP pistol I have fired.

If Cajun has them in stock, that may be quicker since they tend to arrive here in batches and then disappear for a long time until the next batch.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline DaveVLam

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 12:06:46 AM »
In North Carolina Village Pawn and Gun has a BD. Great people there. Bought 3 CZ's there so far!

Offline Bricknhank

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 05:21:41 AM »
In North Carolina Village Pawn and Gun has a BD. Great people there. Bought 3 CZ's there so far!

Thanks, but I?m really looking for a ?B? Model with safety instead of decocker and fiber optic sight.

Offline ssqman

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »
The 97 is indeed soft shooting. Adding the factory rubber grips will help you even more. Unfortunately, I hardly ever see them locally. Ordering a model from CGW would be very much worth the wait.
No, Google is not my friend

Offline Usmo

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 03:09:31 PM »
http://jimsfirearms.net/baton-rouge/inventory/cz-usa-97-b-45acp-4-65/ These guys are pricey but it's the only place around here with them.  In Baton Rouge

Offline Bricknhank

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 08:39:49 PM »
http://jimsfirearms.net/baton-rouge/inventory/cz-usa-97-b-45acp-4-65/ These guys are pricey but it's the only place around here with them.  In Baton Rouge
Thanks for the link. I have a bid in on a used one right now. If that falls through I will definitely pursue this avenue.
Hank

Offline Bricknhank

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 09:12:43 PM »
Well I received my used 97b. It?s a CA gun so it has wood grips and a hard to see (for me) front sight. I ordered a replacement fiber optic front sight. I?m not sure what I?ll do about the grips yet. I also ordered a new recoil spring, a full length steel guide rod and a couple of extra magazines. I haven?t had a chance to shoot it yet.
One observation I have made about the CZ 97?s: There aren?t many aftermarket items. Cajun Gun Works has some stuff. Maybe I?m just used to how easy I find things for my 1911?s, Sigs, Beretta?s etc. There does seem to be a good market for the 9mm CZ parts & accessories. Anyway, I?m looking forward to getting the 97b to the range.
Hank