Author Topic: Stainless Compacts, how rare?  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Hypo

Stainless Compacts, how rare?
« on: September 21, 2018, 08:24:20 AM »
Have been seeing lots of CZ'S being hard chromed lately.

Sometimes for looks and because it is a more durable finish and looks are secondary to that.

I have read of a limited run of Stainless Compacts A few years ago.

Do you think CZ may ever do another run?

Any advantage to SS over Hard Chrome ?

My next CZ is either going to be a High Polish 75B or a PCR, P-01, 75 Compact, or all steel 99041.

My 50th Birthday is coming up soon. 

Offline badwrench

Re: Stainless Compacts, how rare?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 09:13:54 AM »
A stainless compact would be a nice pistol, and while they're at it, make the mags stainless as well. Will CZ do something like this? God only knows.. I don't see any reason why they could'nt do a compact, either a P01, or a PCR with a stainless slide, barrel, and the controls in stainless, and have a brushed finish on a alloy frame. Making a stainless frame may be a bit harder, as these are cast, compared to a alloy frame that is forged..With a cast frame there is always the possibilty of flaws in the casting, pits, inclusions, are always possible, and with cast steel frames small pits can be covered up with the polycoat, a cast stainless frame dosen't have that luxury, it has to be perfect, any visual imperfections aren't going to do. I suspect this is part of the reason why we don't see as many stainless pistols compared to steel or alloy framed ones..

Any of the pistols on your list would make an excellant birthday gift to yourself, depending on what you're going to do with it..Myself, I'd go with either the P01, 75 compact, or the PCR, if the plan is to use it as a carry gun, For a range toy, the high polish 75b, or the 99041 will do nicely.. The 99041 could be used as a carry gun as well, but, at 44oz with one in the chamber, and a loaded mag, It's not exactly light,,I have a 99021 and that's how I know this , I weighed mine, packed it around for a few days, and came to the conclusion that there are better options..

Offline gtcooper

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 09:14:43 AM »
I don?t think the first run ever come to fruition or never made it to the us market. I could be wrong but that?s what I came to doing a quick search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 11:53:12 AM »
I thought I'd found a satin stainless CZ75 Compact when I saw this one.  I believe it's actually satin nickel.  Still pretty.  Still the only one I've seen in person.  Seems like someone else here said they had one years ago, but sold it (and regretted selling it.)

I thought I had a good picture of the pistol, somewhere.  All I could find was this one, while it was apart for installation of the night sights.  The slide is up front and the frame is to the left, behind the sight tool.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Hypo

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 08:25:31 PM »
99041 is nearly as heavy as my Shadow 2, which I have Carried in an OWB pancake holster for a 1911.
Just have to keep my belt tight.
My normal EDC is a Tri-Star L120 full sized CZ 75 alloy frame clone.
Just wanted something a bit smaller but still have over 10 rounds in the magazine.
Wanted a CZ but was also considering a C-100.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 10:38:12 PM »
CZ has not produced a compact in stainless.

Offline Hypo

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 01:20:23 AM »
Thanks Stuart.
You guys had some nice 75B SS a month or two ago. 
The Wooden grips looked great. 
A local store has a High Polish, a P-01, and a polycoat steel Compact.
I like the heft of the steel but it is so plain looking next to the SS 75B.

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 06:13:45 PM »
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline Stuart

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 06:17:12 PM »

Offline Hypo

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 07:56:52 PM »
I had just put one on layaway when I started the thread.   Dealer still is waiting for the 6 in his shipment. Now they are showing up online..... I would be somewhat irritated which not getting the first batch if I was the Premier CZ dealer and Custom parts supplier....
I was looking for a 99041 and mentioned that I was torn between that and a Stainless 75 B.... He said gold on a couple of weeks, we are supposed to be getting 6 Stainless steel P-01 in.... Said OK take my down payment and if it isn't true, I will still get the 99041....

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 03:24:39 PM »
My compact is listed as satin nickel not stainless.
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

Offline BaconandBeer

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 08:16:11 PM »
How rare? I haven't seen anything definitive, but in total (99021, 99041, 91197) I keep seeing 1500-2000.

As for the 91197 being stainless, I know a guy IRL who has one and says that he called CZ and they said that it is in fact hard chromed.

I saw another thread on here where that theory was not taken well...I don't know the dude well but can't see why he would lie about it--take that for what you will. Personally I would prefer hard chrome over stainless, but that's just me.

Offline Hypo

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 11:54:27 AM »
Here to confirm.  Have nearly 2000 rounds through mine now.
Plating starting to come off inside the frame where the slide stop goes through and the slide rubs.

It came off with a hook pick

Guess I need to use more grease there.
Glad I didn't pay inflated prices, just MSRP, the week before they hit the internet.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 12:25:31 PM by Hypo »

Offline Birds Away

• OSCM(SW/AW) USN (Ret.)
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 10:16:12 AM »
In Memoriam 04/02/2021

anything