Author Topic: CZ PO-7 recoil spring?  (Read 1075 times)

Offline daved20319

CZ PO-7 recoil spring?
« on: September 21, 2018, 10:26:38 AM »
Just picked up a Duty in a trade, the recoil spring is flat wire, is this stock?  Thanks.

Dave

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: CZ PO-7 recoil spring?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 11:55:48 AM »
Mine was.

The original DUTY recoil spring wasn't a captured spring type.  I got tired of fighting it in/out every time I field stripped the pistol for cleaning/lubing so I ordered a captured recoil spring assembly (don't remember now whether it was CZ USA or CZ Custom).  I just put the original away for a spare, if needed some day.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline PnoyGeek

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 04:45:00 PM »
Just picked up a Duty in a trade, the recoil spring is flat wire, is this stock?  Thanks.

Dave

That should be the stock version.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 08:12:12 PM »
I don't think the P series has ever come with anything but the flat wire type recoil spring. I had one of the earliest P-07 DUTY models to hit the states and it was flat wire.

Offline daved20319

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »
Thanks, guys, appreciate the info.  So other than a stock, any suggestions for a replacement?  Springs in general, really, with the caveat that this is going to become my EDC, so reliability trumps all.  Thanks again.

Dave

Offline copemech

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 11:37:10 PM »
CGW has springs and guide rods The P07 spring is captured from factory.

I run a 15 lb in mine. O0

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 06:18:30 AM »
Thanks, guys, appreciate the info.  So other than a stock, any suggestions for a replacement?  Springs in general, really, with the caveat that this is going to become my EDC, so reliability trumps all.  Thanks again.

Dave

Some guys go lighter on the recoil spring to reduce the slide racking effort. I personally have never found that to be an issue. I have the factory weight recoil spring in my P-07 and have always used the factory weight spring without ANY issue with any ammo I've tried.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 07:32:50 PM »
Anyone know offhand what the rates are for the various color springs?  I have both blue and green in the box of flat wire springs but don?t recall what the stated spring rates are for those.  I think that the gold or yellow is 18#.