Author Topic: PO-7 with extended barrel?  (Read 1918 times)

Offline daved20319

PO-7 with extended barrel?
« on: September 21, 2018, 11:27:55 AM »
Just traded off my XDs on a PO-7 Duty, it has the extended barrel and night sights.  Pretty sure this was the stock configuration, just wondering how common it was.  Doesn't look like it's seen a lot of use or carry, other than some typical barrel wear, it looks like new.  Trigger is pretty awesome too, 4# SA and 9# DA, a little creep and overtravel, but nothing objectionable.  Looking forward to getting it to the range.  Later.

Dave

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: PO-7 with extended barrel?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 12:32:14 PM »
Dave, if it's an extended barrel that is threaded then it's one of the suppressor ready models with the tall night sights.

I've seem them in urban gray and black.

If it's short sights and somewhat longer barrel (longer than the slide) but the barrel isn't threaded that's supposed to be one of the models intended for countries (like Canada) that required a longer barrel than what can be sold in the US.

Some of the P07's and P09's have very nice triggers right out of the box.  My old DUTY P07 was about 3&1/4 SA and 8&1/2 DA when new.  No travel that I could feel between where the trigger stopped and where it released the hammer.  My P09 9MM wasn't quite that good and my .40 S&W P09 was even behind that.

You need to let us know how it shoots, too.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline PnoyGeek

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 03:18:17 PM »
Just traded off my XDs on a PO-7 Duty, it has the extended barrel and night sights.  Pretty sure this was the stock configuration, just wondering how common it was.  Doesn't look like it's seen a lot of use or carry, other than some typical barrel wear, it looks like new.  Trigger is pretty awesome too, 4# SA and 9# DA, a little creep and overtravel, but nothing objectionable.  Looking forward to getting it to the range.  Later.

Dave

Used to have the exact same model before I traded it for a RAMI D at my LGS.  Cabela's has a few of them before the Gen 2 came out.  It had a very good trigger out of the box and only got better the more I shoot it.  It is correct that this model were original intended for markets where there are length restriction on the barrel for  handguns.

Offline daved20319

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 10:26:36 PM »
Thanks, guys.  Not threaded, just sticking out past the end of the slide.  Aesthetically, I actually like the look, just not sure it offers any advantage in a carry piece.  Shooting will tell  ;).

Dave

Offline Winkel

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 12:53:46 AM »
Pictures???

Offline daved20319

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 04:40:30 PM »
Pictures???

Sorry, after the Photo Bucket fiasco, I've given up on posting pics unless the forum uses software that makes it easy.  Just too much hassle for lazy people  :-[.  Later.

Dave

Offline viking499

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 04:59:32 PM »
Pictures???

Sorry, after the Photo Bucket fiasco, I've given up on posting pics unless the forum uses software that makes it easy.  Just too much hassle for lazy people  :-[.  Later.

Dave

Yeah, that darn, useless, no good forum.  What good are they anyway?

Offline Tok36

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 05:29:52 PM »
Pictures???

Dave

Including images in your posts.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=14704
If you are using a mobile device, download the Tap a Talk app. You can load pictures from within the app.
Note: An outside picture hosting site is required to post pictures on these forums. You can use any image hosting site, i like Imgur.com. Make an account, upload your pictures, copy the BBCode (message boards & forums) provided by the hosting site then paste it into the forum message. Its real easy once you get it set up.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Winkel

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 07:07:48 PM »
Pictures???

Dave

Yeah, that darn, useless, no good forum.  What good are they anyway?
I know exactly what you mean.  I got an OD Green P-07 a few months back and had the same thought about posting pictures of it.  Just too dang much trouble or I'm just too lazy.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 10:35:36 PM »
Withholding CZ pictures from the CZ forums is a Sin.  ;D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)