Author Topic: CZ 50 trigger return spring woes  (Read 811 times)

Offline bregma

CZ 50 trigger return spring woes
« on: September 23, 2018, 04:32:50 PM »
Snagged a really nice early production CZ 50 a little while back.  It quickly became one of our favorite small caliber shooters.  At the range yesterday, apparently  the trigger spring broke- if I manipulate the gun around  the trigger will still work but there is no trigger reset.  Been scouring the internet to no avail-any ideas where one could be found? Lots of parts, but trigger springs seem nonexistent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
Re: CZ 50 trigger return spring woes
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 05:43:42 PM »
The CZ 50 and CZ 70 share most of the same parts, so you might widen your search.

I see that Numrich is out of stock for this part (#29) for both the 50 and 70.

I also looked at Schluder Shots (Round Rock, TX) https://www.schludershots.com as he lists a bunch of the 70 parts, but this is one part that he doesn't have listed on his website.  You might write to him--he might know where to find one.

Good Luck!
CZ24,CZ27,CZ38,CZ40P,CZ45,CZ52,Vzor 50,Vzor 70,CZ75BΩ,CZ75D PCR,CZ75 P01,CZ75 P07,SP-01 Phantom,SP01 Tactical,CZ Shadow 2,CZ P09, P10C, CZ82, CZ83, CZ85 PreB, CZ100, CZ 97BE, CZ100, CZ 1911A1, CZ 2075BD RAMI, CZ 452 American, CZ 550 Urban Counter Sniper, CZ 805 Bren,CZ Drake G2, Duo & Z

Offline bregma

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 08:10:07 PM »
I have tried every which way including looking for parts guns cz50 and 70 as well.  I will give schluder shots a call- I found them in my search as well. Thank you for the input.

Offline MilfordBauer

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 09:40:07 PM »
buymilsurplus.com and apexgun parts use to carry a lot of CZ70 parts.  Numrich you had to watch because they would ship used parts.  Make sure it is NOS(new old stock)

Offline bregma

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 03:13:23 AM »
I have e-mailed everyone I could think of with no luck so far.  I did recently get a hold of a well stocked cz 52 armorers kit and one of the springs looks very close to me, but I am a little reticent to tear the side plate off without being sure. I have read numerous posts of the sear spring falling out of orientation and not being easy to figure out how it goes back.   Its a shame because its a pretty darn early one, less than a thousand from the first one as far as I can tell. Thanks for the input,hopefully I will get lucky one of these times!

Offline bregma

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »
Finally found a  correct trigger spring for the old girl.  Now I just have to get up the gumption to tear the gun apart.  Any body have any words of advice?  I'm really excited to get it working again.  I have noticed  recently on gunbroker  a couple really nice ones of these going for $600.00 or close to it- couldn't believe it, but that makes me feel a little better about what it cost to get the spring I needed! Thanks again - the CZ forum rocks!