Author Topic: NEW 455 LUX  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Madcap

NEW 455 LUX
« on: September 27, 2018, 12:13:34 AM »
My interest in CZ rimfire prompted a second purchase. I couldn't find a 452 LUX so settled on a 455 which arrived last week. Initial inspection proved very satisfactory including attractive walnut.

I tried shooting it yesterday and the first few shots required some elevation but the adjusting screw was impossible to turn. I didn't want to risk possible damage so I brought it home to use a proper hollow ground screwdriver on it .........not good enough.......the screw sheared off. I called CZ-USA and emailed them a couple good pics. 

Needless to say - it's a little disappointing.

Also FIW, the exterior surface of the barrel was very dirty and required a great deal of wiping down with Rem Oil. It appeared to be  covered with fine brown dust or dirt. At first I thought maybe it was fine rust but probably not since I'm sure the factory applied light oil.  It was surprising to say the least considering how many times it took to wipe it down and clean but it brightened the bluing.

Please understand I'm not trying to cast CZ in a negative light here despite this experience. I remain a excited about their product and will no doubt continue to learn as much as possible.

Further info on the rear sight will follow soon as find out.

Dick

Offline Blackwatch

Re: NEW 455 LUX
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 01:23:20 AM »
Is this a current year production rifle or older? Wondering if it has been stored somewhere for a while and the coating on the barrel has degraded.
Very unfortunate to have the adjustment screw shear - hope you get it resolved satisfactorily.

Offline Madcap

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 05:36:36 AM »
I don't know  how to determine when the rifle was produced unless you can tell through the serial no. It was purchased through Bud's but that's all I know. Maybe I'll mention it to CZ-USA and see what they say.

The issue with the screw seems unusual. I'm not a machinist but something wasn't right.

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 06:28:12 AM »
Hello, very sorry to hear about your troubles getting started with the new Lux. I know several people who own that model and who are quite successful (and happy) with their setup.

When you call CZ, give them the serial number off the receiver and ask them to look it up. If they are willing to click through several screens, they will be able to tell you when it came off the line, when it was shipped, and when it arrived in the US. Also, the paperwork included in the box should be stamped with a date and perhaps include a test target complete with date of testing. From what I have seen in my limited (albeit somewhat obsessive) experience with CZ's, the ship date to the US is usually not many days after test firing is completed.

Take care and please keep us posted. I've heard of similar issues regarding CZ products but am confident that they will make it right. :)
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline Madcap

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 11:13:33 AM »
Thanks much for the information and support. I'll take a look at the paperwork and see what info the date offers and get back later.

edit: Factory "Hit Data Chart " date  05/06/2018
Follow up call to CZ-USA resulted in rear sight replacement but 4-6 weeks wait for restock from CR

I must mention the CZ-USA staff are absolutely the most helpful of any organization I've ever had the pleasure to deal with.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:27:11 AM by Madcap »

Offline Wiley Coyote

• It Ain't Easy Being Me!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 05:18:53 PM »
Both of my CZs had stickers on the end of the box and at least one was dated on each of them and the Factory Targets were dated with the Test Firing Date.
Clayton

Offline Madcap

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 12:27:03 AM »
Stickers on the box doesn't indicate any date but just the factory test shot.

On a side note apparently CZ-USA had the rear sight and has been shipped at no charge. Great customer support.

Offline Madcap

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 03:40:57 PM »
Rear sight update - Rcv the new rear sight from CZ and it functions perfectly compared the the original. Unfortunately it's uncertain when the opportunity to shoot will be available but good to know all is well and CZ support is there.

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 03:52:00 PM »
Glad to see that CZ came through for you!!

Offline Madcap

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 04:49:52 PM »
Glad to see that CZ came through for you!!

Thanks, fits perfectly and adjusts as is was suppose to.....waiting to shoot it sometime soon I hope.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:03:45 AM by Madcap »