Author Topic: VZ-58 Trigger experiment  (Read 377 times)

Offline Bigdude

VZ-58 Trigger experiment
« on: September 30, 2018, 06:04:22 PM »
I just purchased the CNC Warrior replacement FCG (trigger, sear, disconnector, disconnector spring and disconnector pin) for my VZ58. Then using emery paper, I polished all the contact services. Once that was done, I sent all the FCG components (including pins) to be coated in MicroSlick. MicroSlick increases lubrication and reduces friction (among other things). Once I get them back I will reinstall the trigger and measure the trigger pull as well as post the results. I am hoping this reduces the trigger pull.

Offline MeatAxe

Re: VZ-58 Trigger experiment
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 09:29:08 PM »
Interesting...keep us posted!

Offline Bigdude

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 02:30:18 PM »
Experiment complete. All FCG components were coated in MicroSlick. Using my Lyman digital trigger gauge, I test fired my new FCG 10 times with an average pull weight of 4.66 pounds. Czechpoint states the spec trigger pull weight is 5.51-5.95 pounds. I never bothered to test the original trigger weight so I have nothing to compare it to. What are some of your trigger pull weights?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:36:32 PM by Bigdude »

Offline cciman

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 07:22:42 PM »
Since you have no baseline measurments, all your efforts could have made it worse, just changed the tactility, or nothing.-- let alone effects on reliability over long term (FCG wear)

Grade D on the experiment, only because you put in the time, F otherwise. ;)

Offline RSR

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 10:42:33 PM »
Experiment complete. All FCG components were coated in MicroSlick. Using my Lyman digital trigger gauge, I test fired my new FCG 10 times with an average pull weight of 4.66 pounds. Czechpoint states the spec trigger pull weight is 5.51-5.95 pounds. I never bothered to test the original trigger weight so I have nothing to compare it to. What are some of your trigger pull weights?

Using these numbers, you likely shaved 1 lb from the trigger pull.   Keep us posted on reliability once you put it through its paces.  Looking forward to the results.

Offline Bigdude

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 11:57:51 PM »

Using these numbers, you likely shaved 1 lb from the trigger pull.   Keep us posted on reliability once you put it through its paces.  Looking forward to the results.

Thanks for info, thats what I figured.

anything