Author Topic: Trayvon Martin case: FL stand-your-ground law on trial  (Read 65386 times)

Offline Twmaster

• Fanatic, Heritic, Lunatic!
Re: Trayvon Martin case: FL stand-your-ground law on trial
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »
Oh we wold have heard something. The Anti's would be screaming how dangerous it is to carry a gun. See, a thug will take it from you and kill you with your own gun!
Mike

Because liars fear the truth.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2012, 02:42:31 PM »
http://gma.yahoo.com/abc-news-exclusive-zimmerman-medical-report-shows-broken-204911351--abc-news-topstories.html

ABS news reports Mr Zimmermans' injuries are more severe than reported, and the only non firearm injury to Mr Martin is bloodied knuckles...
The judge who allowed this is a fool, and to place an entire nations laws supporting self defense on trial in the public's eye as well will most certainly backfire badly.

Offline Dave Workman

« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2012, 05:46:38 PM »
Zimmerman?s injuries and ?Stand Your Ground? under attack

New revelations about the injuries suffered by accused Florida gunman George Zimmerman may sway public opinion about what happened the night he fatally shot Trayvon Martin three months ago, but it may have effect on a battle the Bellevue-based Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is waging as a direct result of that confrontation.

http://www.examiner.com/article/zimmerman-s-injuries-and-stand-your-ground-under-attack

Offline painter

« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2012, 06:25:16 PM »
Seems that the Florida 'Stand your Ground' law doesn't carry much weight...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57434757-504083/fla-woman-marissa-alexander-gets-20-years-for-warning-shot-did-she-stand-her-ground/

Wonder how it will work out for Zimmerman?
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Twmaster

« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2012, 09:57:33 PM »
The difference is she returned to get her keys and gun before firing a shot. If she were in fear for her life why would she return? At least that is my understanding of her situation.

Further, she fired into a wall not knowing what or who may be on the other side. That's just bad bad bad IMHO.

Although I agree 20 years is too harsh a sentence.

Mike

Offline Twmaster

« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »
This afternoon NPR is reporting that Trevon Martin had marijuana in his blood and urine. They also reported the DA's office released photos of Zimmerman with a bloody nose.
Mike

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2012, 06:45:16 PM »
Do you wonder if the prosecution is going to fold before they start?

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2012, 07:22:44 PM »
I have a bad feeling that if the DA drops the charges, that?ll ignite a real $#!+ storm
If they go to trial, and acquit Zimmerman, we?ll see the same thing
It?s the Rodney King deal all over again
We?ll sit and watch, but I feel for anyone living in a large urban cities when the SHTF on this one
I lived through both LA Riots, and believe me, it was scary at times
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Spirit 1

« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2012, 01:29:50 AM »
It's now a no-win situation for everyone involved, which is you and me too! Thanks to irresponsible ego freaks, irresponsible opportunists, perennial racists, media with no conscience, political grand-standers and a whole bunch of people just looking for an excuse we're all in potential danger in the near future, regardless of race. We don't hear any of the loud mouths taking responsibility for their actions, to try and quiet the masses.

Fine time to look into concealed carry, home defense and whatever it takes to legally protect self and loved ones under all foreseeable circumstances.

Sick humor, but funny to see that the anti-gun baiters that poured gasoline on the flames will most likely end up causing far more people to purchase firearms and obtain CCW licenses in the near future! What a stark tragedy that it's fueled by something like this.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2012, 02:04:22 AM »
I have a bad feeling that if the DA drops the charges, that?ll ignite a real $#!+ storm
If they go to trial, and acquit Zimmerman, we?ll see the same thing
It?s the Rodney King deal all over again

I agree.  I've already seen talk on Yahoo News by posters from Florida saying they would do just that.  How much is keyboard commando, I don't know.  What I do know is that the media is responsible if it does.  They are the ones that have been dumping gasoline onto the flames all along.

Offline Dave Workman

« Reply #205 on: May 18, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »

Folks, I want to congratulate you all for a remarkably good discussion!
Lots of evidence here that gun people are not the boneheads that the real boneheads accuse us of being.

I think they should change the name of this forum to "Intelligent people with exotic guns"

;D

Standing ground against contrived injustice

Months have passed since the Trayvon Martin slaying but the past 48 hours have revealed stark new evidence in that case that just might have curtailed racial tension that spread from the Southeast to the Pacific Northwest had it been released earlier; evidence that may not exonerate accused murderer George Zimmerman, but at least adds a new perspective to what happened.

http://www.examiner.com/article/standing-ground-against-contrived-injustice

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2012, 02:31:10 PM »
The hinge the prosecution is hanging it's hat on seems to be, "this wouldn't have happened if Mr Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle". True, BUT, according to the law, Mr Zimmerman was breaking no laws I am aware of by exiting his vehicle, and then apparently returning to it after he couldn't find the person he was looking for at that time. He may have broken Neighborhood Watch protocols by being armed, but I certainly would do the unpaid job unarmed, either. :)
I do look forward to seeing all the evidence presented to the jury and discover what, to the best extent we are able, happened that night.

Offline Ross7

« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2012, 07:57:33 PM »
The hinge the prosecution is hanging it's hat on seems to be, "this wouldn't have happened if Mr Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle".
Indeed, and a "But-If" clause?

Megyn Kelly Interviews Alan Dershowitz & Bernie Goldberg. Is There Such A Thing As The ?But-If? Clause?

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/05/18/megyn-kelly-interviews-alan-dershowitz-bernie-goldberg-is-there-such-a-thing-as-a-but-if-clause-video/

Offline burley

« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2012, 09:25:47 PM »
The hinge the prosecution is hanging it's hat on seems to be, "this wouldn't have happened if Mr Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle". True, BUT, according to the law, Mr Zimmerman was breaking no laws I am aware of by exiting his vehicle, and then apparently returning to it after he couldn't find the person he was looking for at that time. He may have broken Neighborhood Watch protocols by being armed, but I certainly would do the unpaid job unarmed, either. :)
I do look forward to seeing all the evidence presented to the jury and discover what, to the best extent we are able, happened that night.

One thing I notice that's underplayed is the fact that G.Z.  had a cell phone on him and he called the police and told them what he saw and what he was doing.  What did T. M. do with his cell phone?  Why didn't HE call the cops?
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2012, 10:29:31 PM »
That will be one of the gotcha questions to the prosecution.

anything