Author Topic: P-01 holster chart  (Read 230384 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
P-01 holster chart
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2008, 02:12:15 PM »
I would love to get a High Noon rig someday. Thier Public Secret with straps is ideal for me and my PO1.

Offline jharijan1

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »
how is the mr. softy without a belt?

diggs27

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2008, 07:48:36 AM »
Quote from: jharijan1
how is the mr. softy without a belt?

I wore it on a pair of cargo shorts this weekend and it was fine.  Of course, you'd want to ensure that the waist is snug enough - sans belt - to avoid having the holstered gun hang away from the body while you are wearing it and to keep it from bouncing around as you move.

Offline Wild Rice.fz1ownersassoci...

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2008, 10:48:04 AM »

I purchased an excellent summer holster, the Galco Inside the Pant Model # USA298 (for the Glock 30/29, right hand).  It clips to the top of the pants inside the waist band with a J-hook catching the lower edge of the belt.  Then the shirt is tucked between the clip and the holster (where the black ruler is placed for demonstration), completely concealing the gun and holster.  No jacket or vest required.  Only the small lower nub of the J-hook is visible.  No one will notice.  If you are paranoid, you could mask it with a belt-clipped pager or cell phone, but those could get in the way of a draw.  Before you draw, you would need to pull your shirt tail up out of the way.  The gun butt may print a little less if you use a flat metal mag base plate, but with a loose fitting shirt it does not print at all.  This holster will aslo work fine with an untucked shirt, but that can be a little sloppy at fancier places.  The holster material is a high quality stiff horse hide that has advantages over cow hide.  However, the material is a little think, so your pants will be tighter.  I paid $63 local retail.

The P01 fits appropriately snug, which it must since there is not retention strap.  The model for the Glock 19 was too snug.  The holster rim is below the mag release, so the holster will not release your mag.  The muzzle protrudes a small amount, but does not bother me.  I would recommend that you go to a Galco dealer with your unloaded P01 and check out the fit.  If you order it on line and don't like the fit, don't blame me, because this is not a model specific for the P01.  I think it fits like it was made for the gun.

It can be worn either behind the strong side hip or appendix carry.  Cross draw distorts the belt/pants line.

Offline JohnGerald

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2008, 01:15:14 PM »
I have been wearing the Galco M5X Matrix holster for about three months. It is comfortable and sits nice and tight, so a bulky shirt worn outside the pants is excellent concealment

Offline jharijan1

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2008, 08:59:25 PM »

P-01 in my new mr. softy holster by high noon. fits very snug and is super comfortable
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 12:11:49 AM by jharijan1 »

Offline drizzt197three

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2008, 10:41:34 AM »
I'm new to the forum and to concealed carry.  I didn't see any posts in this thread about the Galco SOB holster so thought I'd share my experience with it.  I've read about the criticism of this type of holster (e.g. risk of breaking coccyx, discomfort while sitting, etc.) but nevertheless thought it might work better than other options for someone as obese as myself.  It is comfortable, but after trying it I am not convinced that it is a good CCW option for me after all.  I think it shows/prints even through loose fitting clothes.  There may be situations where I can use it, but in the meantime I have ordered a Bulldog fanny pack, and an IWB Bare Asset from High Noon and will give those a try.

More pics...
http://gallery.mac.com/jb197three#100214&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Offline SkiShoot

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »
Fobus lists the RU97 as a "new fit" for the P-01... Does anyone know if Fobus redesigned the RU97 to fit the P-01, or has it always fit it and they finally did a check and said "yes, it fits". Wondering if I found an RU97 in a shop somewhere, if that would fit or if I'd have to order a new one from Fobus themselves. I tried contacting them and they had no idea what I was talking about, yet it's listed on their site. Go figure.

Offline stdlrf11

• FIN Gear, Quality Gun Cleaning Gear
P-01 holster chart
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2008, 09:17:01 PM »
Don't expect help from Fobus. They've never returned any of my emails.

The RU97 works, but not well. I could never get the retention I wanted without modification. I eventually gave it to a friend for range use. For basically the same price you can get a Galco M5X and a FREE coffee mug.

The Galco is exponentially superior to the Fobus, plus it's made for the gun. Model M5X470

http://www.lapolicegear.com/

stdlrf11
Any poor souls who trespass against us
Whether it be beast or man
Will suffer the bite or be stung dead on sight
By those who inhabit this land

For there's is the power and this is the kingdom
As sure as the sun does burn
So enter this path, but heed these four words,
You shall never return

Offline jharijan1

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2008, 04:55:40 PM »
just had a quick question for you guys, what do you prefer for a IWB: leather or kydex?
i've heard kydex is more concealed and obviously not harmed by persperation but leather seems more durable and sturdy. anyone have any experience with this?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 05:01:13 PM by jharijan1 »

Offline salskov

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2008, 09:01:14 PM »
I use a High Noon Under Taker rig for my P-01. It carries easy, and works slick.

salskov

Offline ShortyBP

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2008, 05:40:25 PM »

Those with the High Noon Mr Softy/Bare Asset holsters... how is it for one-handed re-holster?  Are you able to easily accomplish this, or due to construction, is it a '2-handed job'?
Also... do you find that the decock lever, etc digs into your sides at all, being that it's exposed?

I currently use a Galco M5X that I am extremely happy with, but am looking for small, affordable IWB.

Recently purchased a Crossbreed Supertuck from a fellow forumer here, and while it's an excellent holster... it's a bit too bulky for me (I'm a small guy)   Plus, I can't seem to get a good position given the belt loop locations of my everyday pants (5.11 tactical).  Will probably end up putting it back up for sale.   Smaller profile, belt-clip holster seems like it might work better for me.

Offline jharijan1

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2008, 06:10:28 PM »
I use the Mr. Softy and you kind of have to use two hands to re-holster it but its still a very nice piece. Once you've broken it in a bit the draw is very smooth and the gun stays in place very nicely. As far as the any part digging into your side, I really haven't had an issue with that happening at all. Also, the clip is sturdy and strong enough so you don't have to use a belt if you dont want to.

Offline stdlrf11

• FIN Gear, Quality Gun Cleaning Gear
P-01 holster chart
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2008, 09:26:05 PM »
My wife notices the marks left by my gun long after I've taken it off. I use an inexpensive G&G IWB with the metal clip. The decock lever etc. leaves a pretty gnarly looking mark. It's a little uncomfortable, but not enough to quit using it. I'm a tall, skinny guy, so the IWB helps when I want good concealment with a T-shirt or shorter length, untucked polo. I can easily re-holster one handed.

stdlrf11
Any poor souls who trespass against us
Whether it be beast or man
Will suffer the bite or be stung dead on sight
By those who inhabit this land

For there's is the power and this is the kingdom
As sure as the sun does burn
So enter this path, but heed these four words,
You shall never return

Offline jdncstate

P-01 holster chart
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2008, 08:20:34 AM »
I had a Bianchi M100 IWB but it was the wrong size... just too tight.

I just ordered a new IWB from www.theholsterstore.com. The one they made for my G27 is top notch. Ill post pics of the P01 when it comes in!