Author Topic: CZ P-07 - not much talk here?  (Read 3884 times)

Offline POPEYES8548

• BANNED
CZ P-07 - not much talk here?
« on: November 17, 2018, 06:21:44 PM »
Just added to my handgun collection with the order of a CZ P-07. Just could not get one at the good price I found. <g> Did a bit of research that showed it would be a good addition to the Sigs, H&Ks, Walthers, FNs and S&Ws in the gun safe.

I will probably leave the CZ in in the from-the-factory "de-cocker mode", but I am considering switching it over to the SA with safety mode. Just curious if anyone has done that and if they noticed any significant different in the trigger characteristics in single-action. I believe there is a YouTube video on how to do that. This pistol will be range only. I have no plans to carry it, either concealed or as a duty firearm. I'll be shooting it in single action only.

I am also curious about magazine availability. I have found many places that carry "P-07 Duty" magazines which are 16 round. I do not believe those would fit my 15 round "P-07" pistol, nor do I need extra rounds. Has anyone found a decent price on the P-07 magazines? The ones I have found that do not indicate they are for the Duty version cost $45-$50. I suppose I can check to see if Mec-Gar has any.....anyone used them? I have used Mec-Gars in a variety of handguns for range and IDPA use without any problem in other guns.

Thanks!
because i love you.

Offline eastman

Re: CZ P-07 - not much talk here?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »
mags sold for the P-10c are a bit less expensive than the P-07 mags, but they run perfectly in the P-07 (and new P-07 pistols come with the P-10c style mags).

I don't look like my avatar!

Offline sparkyv

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 08:18:28 PM »
the CZ in in the from-the-factory "de-cocker mode", but I am considering switching it over to the SA with safety mode.

If I'm not mistaken, the pistol remains SA/DA even when switching over to the safety.  My P-07 has the safety (never use it) and my P-09 has the decocker.  No trigger characteristics are different to me.
Μολὼν λαβέ
NRA Life Member

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 05:14:59 AM »
The first thing I do when getting home with a new Omega model CZ is remove the decocking levers and install the safeties.  I carry my CZ's cocked and locked, like I would the 1911's I used to carry.

The owner's manual contains instructions on switching from decocking levers to safeties.  Switching back to decocking levers is tougher due to having to reinstall that little spring that moves the decocking levers back to the up position after you push them down to decock the pistol.

Many people say the SA trigger pull is slightly better with the safeties installed.  I can't really say as I've never shot mine that way.

From what I understand, the 16 round magazines are the early DUTY model magazines.  They are supposed to work in the newer P07's as well.  Mecgar makes the P07/CZ magazines but does not sell them to gun owners.  They make them for CZ, stamp "CZ" on them and CZ sells them for a higher price than Mecgar would (judging by the prices of the CZ75/P01/Compact CZ pistols that Mecgar and CZ both sell magazines for.)

Check out Greg Cote LLC for magazines.  If you buy those P10C magazines recommended in a previous post they are about $10 cheaper (each) than the P07 magazines.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/cz-p10-c-9mm-15-round-factory-magazine-11520-p-1782.html

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/cz-p07-cz-p07-duty-9mm-15-rd-factory-magazine-11185-p-1478.html

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 07:11:56 AM »
The P-07 DUTY mags and gen 2 P-07 mags are all interchangeable.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 04:49:49 PM »
While I do not own any GEN 1 P07 magazines, the only difference is likely the follower. The bases and bodies are the same. In the P 10 C magazines the base is different and that is all.  The base is a little thicker but works great in the P07.

The decocker spring introduces a little grittiness in the trigger.  Most P guns have pretty gritty and/or stagey DA triggers, so I see why people convert them to safety and carry C/L.

I am just so glad that CZ dispensed with the whole ?duty? name. It was getting into the ridiculousness like ?grip zone? or ?extreme duty? or something.

And yes, per your title there SHOULD be a separate forum/club for P hammer guns.  They have NOTHING to do with the P10 series other than being able to share mags.  If anyone has a link to the administrator, please send the link. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 05:55:30 PM by briang2ad »

Offline SSGN_Doc

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 09:59:57 PM »
I bought mine specifically as a carry pistol.  So, I?ve kept mine with the decocker since I utilize the DA/SA trigger system.

Performed right up there with the Glock, Beretta and Sig pistols I?ve owned.  You should be happy with it.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 07:03:56 AM »
My favorite config for my 9mm P07 is to run it with the decocker installed and using the +2 factory mag extensions.  I?ve never had an issue with the +2 extensions and they don?t add much to the grip length.  The decocker thing is just a personal preference for me. 

Having had my hands in the guts of a bunch of P07s and P09s, I can?t imagine how swapping the safety for a decocker or vice-versa could impact the SA pull.  All of the same parts are used with the only difference being whether the safety blocks the hammer fall or the decocker lowers it to the half-cock notch.

But, congrats on the new P07.  The really are great all around pistols and tend to be overlooked by many.  If you live in an area that has cold winters, the P07 has a very glove friendly trigger guard.  I swear, I could shoot the thing with mittens on.

Offline Arndog123

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 07:37:01 AM »
I've switched the safety and decocking levers on both my P07 and P09 numerous times and really can't feel a difference in trigger feel between the two.

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 12:43:17 PM »
I have 2, both gen2. One has a cocked indicator in the rear of the extractor.
I keep mine in the decocker mode. I also have a P=09 and it is the same. I like my pistols mostly stock.
All 3 have been very good pistols with "NO" malfunctions of any type.
Also all 3 have only had my reloads run thru them.
"1776" - Part II

Offline Scotty_0907

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 08:29:28 PM »
I have both my P07 and P09 on decocker. I do have one 16 round mag for the gen2 P07 but it malfunctions for me. I have 4 orange follower 15 round P07 mags that have never malfunctioned. So the 16 rounder stays in the bottom of the safe. Greg Cote LLC is the best for CZ and Mec-Gar mags.
P-09/SRO
P-07
Scorpion Carbine
IDPA #A984922
USPSA #A103975

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 12:23:15 PM »
I have a P09 UG SR and now just got an OD green frame P07. Purchased both through the CZ LE/MIL program love them both. This current P07 is my second. I sold my last one and quickly wanted another. I added some CGW parts to the P09 and polished a few parts and it is has an excellent trigger. The P07 is getting the same attention shortly.

The P07 slide is actually on the way back to CZ due to a dead front night sight. Really the only thing I would change about the P09/P07 line is to make thr grip texture on the front and back straps more aggresive.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 01:01:51 PM »
I used to think the P07 (mine's a .40 S&W) didn't need anything done to the grip.  Worked fine, felt good, etc.  Then one hot humid sweaty day at the range I noticed that every 2 or 3 shots I was having to re-grip the pistol.  The sweat had gotten to that slick/slimy texture/condition and I knew I needed to do something about it (can't stop sweating unless I stop shooting and go home, and that's no fun).

I ordered a Talon grip kit for it and installed it when it came in.  Liked it so well I put one on my .40 S&W P09 and just put one on that new XD .45 acp . Tactical.

My nephew has an XD .45 acp compact.  After shooting mine yesterday he's wanting a Talon grip kit for his Compact .45 acp.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Dr.Juice

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »
I have my P-07 in the safety configuration. I also got a P-10C 15 round mag for it and while cheaper, I can see that the mag base was contoured for the P-10 rather than the P-07. With the price difference between the two magazines I don't care if it doesn't look perfect.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 05:18:12 PM »
I have my P-07 in the safety configuration. I also got a P-10C 15 round mag for it and while cheaper, I can see that the mag base was contoured for the P-10 rather than the P-07. With the price difference between the two magazines I don't care if it doesn't look perfect.

Like I say about the 19 round magazines I carry as back up on the CZ Compacts - if things are so bad you've run the primary magazine dry and need a reload you won't care how cool it doesn't look and you'll be glad for the extra rounds in that part of the magazine sticking out of the bottom like a sore thumb.

Style points don't count if you're no longer breathing.