Author Topic: Optic milling for Delta Point Pro  (Read 6889 times)

Offline chgofirefighter

Optic milling for Delta Point Pro
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:44:47 PM »
I know that CZ Customs/Cajun does optic slide milling service, however, why do so many others offer only optic cut for the Trijicon RMR instead of the Delta Point Pro?  Also, I noticed that Primary Machine, Jagetwerks, and so many others do offer an optic cut but if they do the cut for the DPP they don't offer a rear dovetail sight option...   :-\ 

Besides CZ/Cajun, does anybody else offers an optic milling service that provides you not only with the optic cut but the ability to have back up sights?  Thanks~!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Optic milling for Delta Point Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 05:45:13 PM »
On the DP Pro you can buy/install yourself an adjustable rear sight right on the back of the DP Pro.  Primary Machine milled the slide for the DP Pro.

That's what I did for my wife's CZ75 Compact.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Vinny

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:56:10 AM »
On the DP Pro you can buy/install yourself an adjustable rear sight right on the back of the DP Pro.  Primary Machine milled the slide for the DP Pro.

That's what I did for my wife's CZ75 Compact.

+1 
The DPPro is an excellent optic, IMHO the best. However it is rather long which takes up so much room, on some guns there's little or no room left to cut a dovetail for BUIS. The DPPro optional rear iron which is adjustable for windage and elevation is a great solution. On my P-07 UG I wasn't sure at that time which optic I was going to like so I had CZ Custom mill for their interchangeable multi-optic plates. However, I've liked this set-up so much I never changed from DPP. If I did it again I would probably go with M1A's suggestion.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline chowellacsbd

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 10:35:21 AM »
Sending my shadow 2 out to Cajun to cut and fit a Delta point pro.

Offline chowellacsbd

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 10:37:07 AM »
Before pic. Will post an after pic when I get it back.

Offline Fire4Effect

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 11:35:59 PM »
At Fire 4 Effect we mill multiple optics on multiple slides.  Here's something to consider on the DP Pro.  It's long, but more importantly, it's TALL.  It's the tallest of the red dots we've cut.  Taking the cut to the deepest safe depth, the optic sits so high that you'll find a dovetail mounted iron sight will be tough to find that actually cowitness's.  You're better off using the DP Pro's attached rear iron sight.  We then match that sight to a Dawson front sight (which looks like a shark fin once at the proper height).  You'll find getting a rear dovetail cut will be difficult with the DP Pro, the Burris Fastfire 3 and the Vortex Venom, they all have longer footprints that take up a lot of real estate on the back of that slide.  Good luck and feel free to contact us at www.fire-4-effect.com if you need help.

Offline alouellette

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 10:10:55 AM »
Here is how mine turned out..  CGW did the milling of the slide, installed the DPP and the Dawson Precision taller front sight.  The front sight is totally black so I only see one colored dot, the red one...
SMSgt USAF Retired

Offline dryrunner

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 12:40:21 PM »
Primary machine did my CZ97 with a Delta Point Pro.  Awesome job.

Offline timetofly

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 01:16:40 PM »
I had CZC cut my S2 for a DPP with an adapter plate.  I like the way it turned out and I shoot it better than before.

All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline Hargate

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 03:17:57 PM »
My Phantom is at CGW right now finishing up. I got the call yesterday. I am glad they offered the DPPRO melt because that made it an easy one stop shop. To the OP. The RMR is the Glock 19 of red dots. Everybody starts there.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 04:46:08 PM »
I have a bunch of different optics, and for a full-size pistol I really like the DPPro. I'm using the 7.5moa 'delta' shape dot that I like for fast acquisition at SD and competition distances. My old eyes with some astigmatism see the smaller moa dots as a blur of multiple dots, but the 7.5 moa for me is less blurred and easier to place on target quickly.  YMMV
CZC milled mine with their plate and it's solid as a rock:

For my P-01 compact I chose the Venom and I use the Venom's rear vertical lines for my 'rear BUIS':
"Carpe Diem"

Offline missiledefense

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2019, 10:52:23 PM »
Vinny, can you give me the specifics on your front sight please?  I'm about to send my P01 Omega to CZC and have it milled for a Vortex Venom.  CZC said they didn't have a front sight tall enough to co-witness.

Thanks in advance.
SGM USA (R)

Offline Vinny

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 08:05:33 AM »
Vinny, can you give me the specifics on your front sight please?  I'm about to send my P01 Omega to CZC and have it milled for a Vortex Venom.  CZC said they didn't have a front sight tall enough to co-witness.

Thanks in advance.
I had Dawson supply a custom made night sight .380 tall (measured above surface of slide) X .140 wide (I didn't want a flimsy post). I think it was like $79 and a 4 week wait. I had to guess height using the original sight POA vs POI and their sight calculator, so it could actually be slightly shorter like .365-.375 and still be effective as BUIS with the Venom's lines.
Dawson can do FO of course for less $ and I prefer green FO to not confuse with red dot.

Hope this info helps.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 08:10:48 AM by Vinny »
"Carpe Diem"

Offline missiledefense

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2019, 07:14:55 AM »
Thank you Sir.  I'm going to send my slide to CZC right after the first of the year.
SGM USA (R)

Offline double-d

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2019, 09:18:28 AM »
At Fire 4 Effect we mill multiple optics on multiple slides. 

Looking at your site, it appears you only mill for the tactical sport/shadow 2.

Are there any other CZ models you mill like the 75 ?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 12:34:45 PM by double-d, Reason: content »

anything