Author Topic: CZ 75 TSO Issue  (Read 4993 times)

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
Re: CZ 75 TSO Issue
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 01:47:52 PM »
That's no good.  It seems that these show up stateside about twice a year.  You may be waiting a while.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline N9YRX

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 09:52:30 PM »
Quick66 you mentioned they recommended using match ammo.  Did they mention brands or details? 

Offline quick66

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 02:58:58 PM »
Well I thought I should provide an update and close this thread out.  The soonest CZ could provide me a replacement TSO was the end of February.  The offered to give me a full refund since I wasn?t too happy about having to wait so long.  I took them up on their offer.  While I?m disappointed that my TSO broke on its maiden outing I?m happy with the way CZ resolved the issue.

While waiting for a resolution I picked up a Shadow 2 urban grey in 9mm at a local gun store .  I?ve been to the range with that pistol three times and put 550 rounds through it so far.  It shoots really well and has performed flawlessly.  I also ordered a Wilson Combat EDC X9 which will be here later this week.  I?m keen to see how that pistol performs.  If I can shoot well enough with it I will make that my CC.

I may purchase another TSO at some point in the future.  For now I think I?m going to just enjoy my Shadow 2 and the WC when it arrives.  Thanks to everyone that replied to this thread.  I hope you all have a blessed New Year!

Offline Professor309

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 08:49:55 AM »
Hopefully your not shooting premium self defense JHP bullets and are shooting target JHP bullets but that is neither here nor there in the discussion.

Can you expand on shooting Premium SD JHP ammunition out if a TSO?

Do I need to consider going to a 18# spring using SD ammo? ~ 182 PF by manufactures specs, I haven?t actually ran it across a chronograph yet. 

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 06:23:43 PM »
Hopefully your not shooting premium self defense JHP bullets and are shooting target JHP bullets but that is neither here nor there in the discussion.

Do I need to consider going to a 18# spring using SD ammo? ~ 182 PF by manufactures specs, I haven?t actually ran it across a chronograph yet.

My comment was aimed at the cost of shooting a premium SD bullet vs a target JHP bullet.  The TSO is a competition gun so not many rely on it for self defense or CCW.  If it is your CCW/night stand gun, then by all means shoot your favorite SD bullet (at the premium cost).  The gun doesn't care, your pocket book cares :).

Tune the recoil spring the same as any CZ, if the brass is landing 6-8 feet (in my experience for CZ in 40 S&W, 8-14 feet) and ejecting consistently then it is good to go.  If the distance is shorter lighten the spring, if farther increase the spring.  You should also be concerned on your splits for follow up shots.  A heavy spring will cause the pistol to dip upon returning to battery.  I shoot 170 PF and use the 16 lb spring because of muzzle dip with the 18 lb spring.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline Professor309

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 10:36:55 PM »

My comment was aimed at the cost of shooting a premium SD bullet vs a target JHP bullet.  The TSO is a competition gun so not many rely on it for self defense or CCW.  If it is your CCW/night stand gun, then by all means shoot your favorite SD bullet (at the premium cost).  The gun doesn't care, your pocket book cares :).

Tune the recoil spring the same as any CZ, if the brass is landing 6-8 feet (in my experience for CZ in 40 S&W, 8-14 feet) and ejecting consistently then it is good to go.  If the distance is shorter lighten the spring, if farther increase the spring.  You should also be concerned on your splits for follow up shots.  A heavy spring will cause the pistol to dip upon returning to battery.  I shoot 170 PF and use the 16 lb spring because of muzzle dip with the 18 lb spring.

Cheers,
Toby

Toby, Thanks for the detail. I misunderstood your reply.  I thought you were indicating possible damage.
Mine is ejecting my 170-172 PF loads about 12-15?. The SD ammo is reaching out a bit further. It seems to be shooting flat to the point I?m afraid it will dip with a heavier spring.

I plan on shooting a few USPSA matches with it this year with 170 PF ammo, but currently I?m shooting bowling pin matches with it. That is the reason for the hollowpoint ammo. I normally load with Montana Gold JHP. But, I came across a deal on some duty ammo that was too good to pass up and has a more desirable profile to grab a pin.

Thanks Again!!

anything