Author Topic: Grand Power GPK100XTRIM  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Linejudgemick

Grand Power GPK100XTRIM
« on: December 19, 2018, 01:18:49 PM »
Thru searching, I've found a couple posts regarding the Grand Power pistols, but nothing recent enough that I didn't get a "This post has not had a response in over 120 days. Consider creating a new one" message. So - here's a new post.

On a leap of faith and just cuz I couldn't keep myself from doing it; I had my LGS order a Grand Power K100 X-trim. I will be picking it up in the next couple of days. Of course the Slovakian built pistol isn't nearly as well known as my Czech built CZ's. With a little internet research I've learned; I can trim the magazine follower to increase the capacity from 15 to 17 rounds, that a blackhawk serpa holster for an M&P will likely fit it and that it is important to lubricate the barrel interface with the breech.

I'm just curious if there are Grand Power owners on the forum that might be able to supply a few other tid bits of wisdom for a new owner, or have other comments in general? Thanks in advance!
CZ 75 P-01 Omega & P-07

Offline Tenbones

Re: Grand Power GPK100XTRIM
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 05:26:53 PM »
I had to google that model as I wasn't familiar with it.  That is a nice looking gun and it looks like it will fit the hand very comfortably.  I don't think you'll be disappointed. ;)

Offline Rmach

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 05:43:09 PM »
I have an X-calibur that is a pleasure to shoot.

Offline Linejudgemick

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 08:35:17 PM »
I have an X-calibur that is a pleasure to shoot.

Sweet! Thanks for sharing.
CZ 75 P-01 Omega & P-07

Offline Micah68

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 08:48:13 PM »
I have a K100 and an Xcalibur.  Grand Powers are the most underrated handguns I can think of.  My K100 is the most finely fit polymer pistol I've ever seen.  The trigger is amazing in double and single action and the reset is the shortest I've ever seen on a non-1911.  The Xcalibur is ridiculously precise-shooting for a sub-$800 pistol.  It needs nothing for competition except more/higher capacity mags.
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Offline Linejudgemick

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 12:04:42 AM »
The trigger is amazing in double and single action and the reset is the shortest I've ever seen on a non-1911.

Now that I've shot my X-Trim, I'd second this... There is no buyer's regret here, just pure enjoyment! Thanks to all for sharing.
CZ 75 P-01 Omega & P-07

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 04:06:43 AM »
I have a K100 and an Xcalibur.  Grand Powers are the most underrated handguns I can think of.  My K100 is the most finely fit polymer pistol I've ever seen.  The trigger is amazing in double and single action and the reset is the shortest I've ever seen on a non-1911.  The Xcalibur is ridiculously precise-shooting for a sub-$800 pistol.  It needs nothing for competition except more/higher capacity mags.
They certainly are amazing pistols from Slovakia and can stand muzzle-to-muzzle with CZUB and other offerings for factory triggers.

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 06:20:15 PM »
I went off looking at their website and now I am very intrigued by their .22 xtrim.
USN 2006-Present
CZ 455 Varmit Evolution .22 LR
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline Wink57

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 09:59:01 PM »
I am new owner of grand power Stribog, q1s and p11mk12.  Let me tell you first I am a 20 pistol cz man, love them #1 however grand power is rapidly changing my mind. Once you get reassembly down they are fantastic!!!  The q1s has the best striker trigger hands down and I own two p10c and was going to get the new p10s but not now. I have custom triggers on mine and I still like GP better sweet is all I can say about them. Congrats on your ourchase

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Linejudgemick

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 01:24:33 PM »
Once you get reassembly down they are fantastic!!!  The q1s has the best striker trigger hands down and I own two p10c and was going to get the new p10s but not now.I have custom triggers on mine and I still like GP better sweet is all I can say about them. Congrats on your ourchase

Thanks and congratulations to you on your purchase too. BTW, per my first post I found in addition to how sweet the trigger is, that a blackhawk serpa for an M&P indeed does fit the pistol and that trimming the tab on the follower allows "16" rounds. One more than without, but 1 less than I was led to believe elsewhere. And... with practice I can re-assemble the pistol without cursing.  ;)
CZ 75 P-01 Omega & P-07

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 09:28:48 AM »
Thanks.  These do seem like great guns except for extensive support and mag prices.  Very tempting!

Offline Wink57

Grand Power GPK100XTRIM
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 10:04:58 PM »
I have found that my Blackhawk and my alien gear all 3 kydex holsters made for CZ P01, will fit the q1 and p11 both Almost perfectly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 01:30:40 AM by Wink57 »

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 09:03:10 AM »
I have 5 Grand Power pistols currently ,don't have the Xtrim or the 45 ACP version yet ,but I am constantly thinking about them The mags for the 9mm fullsize are not expensive I paid about $27.00 apiece and the X-caliber, P-1 Ultra, and my Q100 all use the same mags. The Q1s and my P11 compacts ,yeah extra mags cost me $85.00 each. when I get the 45 version I will get extra mags for it and I am sure they will be more expensive. I have had to get bitchy with there repair service ,but once I did I received a brand new pistol. Then I got Stribog and that has replace all my other 9 mm pistol caliber carbines ,it's out standing in accuracy and performance, a little heavy ,but stays right on target and those 30 rounders only cost me $30.00 each. I think when I have some extra money an X-Trim will be added to my Grand power collection.  You won't regret buying one. My Q1S striker fired is my daily carry, I hope they come out with a X-caliber style striker fired version as well.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline zemscz75

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 11:29:56 AM »
Thanks for sharing your great experiences with your Grand Powers! I owned a Grand Power P1 and sold it last summer as I decided to focus shooting my CZ P-07. The two guns are a similar size, but the P-07 decidedly carried a bit easier for me as the frame is a bit more compact that that of the P1. P1 is just a "commander sized" K100, with shorter barrel  and slide riding on top of the same full sized frame as the K100.

Funny enough, since I sold the pistol, I've actually miss having it and shooting it. It was very smooth shooting, fantastic trigger (beats the P-07 by a nice margin), and that machining...man, I just loved seeing the execution of that precise engineering needed to make the barrel rotate so smoothly!

I'm ready to hop back into the Grand Power pool, but this time, want to go with one of their full sized guns. It'll mostly be a gun for range use and home defense. I like that the X-Trim comes with fiber optic front sight and blacked-out rear. Not too crazy about the slide cuts. They look neat, but will it impact reliability? What are your thoughts, is the X-Trim worth the extra $200 in upgrades over the base K100?

Then of course an extra $120 bumps you up to the X-Calibur...  ;)

Here's a shot of my former GP P1:

Offline Rmach

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2019, 12:10:58 PM »
The slide cuts are to reduce weight and do not compromise durability/reliability.  My X-Calibur (pictured in earlier post on this thread) is for sale on Armslist.

anything