Author Topic: 16mm dovetail scope ring options  (Read 77 times)

Offline Hat_man

16mm dovetail scope ring options
« on: January 12, 2019, 06:13:01 PM »
Hello everyone.

I have a 1969 BRNO Model 2 that I am trying to put a scope on.  I really don't want to take the rear tangent sight off so I need high rings.  I know Warne makes a set of high rings but I'm not really wild about the look of the 2 piece vertically split design.  I have seen the horizontally split CZ 527 rings on-line but I can't see if they come in any different heights.  The ones on the CZ site are the equivalent of a medium height ring.  Maybe the 527 rings don't come in any other heights? 

The scope I was given has a 1" tube and a 44mm objective so that doesn't help, but it was free and will definitely do what I need it to do.  My old eyes appreciate the extra light.

If the Warne rings are my only options I guess that's what I'll have to go with, but again I think they are kinda ugly. I've seen some sort of adapters that slide over the 16mm rail and leave an 11mm rail to use a more standard ring.  They are really clunky looking and just seem to be more "moving parts" that could cause problems.  I would much rather have a horizontally split set of high rings to slide directly over the 16mm dovetails, but maybe they are a unicorn?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
If nice guys finish last, are you willing to pay the price to finish first?