Author Topic: Strayed from the CZ fold...  (Read 657 times)

Offline daved20319

Strayed from the CZ fold...
« on: January 31, 2019, 11:50:31 AM »
I've been focused on CZ's almost exclusively for most of the last year, been selling/trading off anything that wasn't a CZ with decocker.  My latest CZ is a 97 BD bought from a forum member, amazing gun, and even more amazing after a CGW Pro Package and some careful polishing.  I had another .45, an older Colt 1991A1, that I've been trying to sell/trade for awhile, I really like the cartridge, and the 1911 is an awesome design, but it just doesn't work that well for me.  I shoot it well, but SAO with safety isn't my preference anymore.  But I wanted another .45, one that I could maybe tap for carry duty.  And no, I really don't consider the 97 a viable carry piece, great gun, but it's too heavy, and concealment holsters are scarce as hens teeth.

So I was cruising the Classifieds on another forum and someone had a Sig P220R for trade.  We were working our way to a deal, when he backed out for a local buyer.  No issue with that, but the damage had been done, I'd started researching the Sig, and was becoming more impressed with it, and more convinced that I needed one.  Went looking, found another one on another forum, and got the Sig in trade for the Colt, a good deal IMO, especially after finally running a few rounds through it yesterday.  It compares extremely favorably to the 97, which is amazing considering it's stock vs. the CGW love the 97 has gotten.  As soft or softer shooting than the 97, excellent trigger feel, and despite being 25% lighter than the 97, about the same in the muzzle flip department.  Don't get me wrong, I love my 97, and CZ's in general, but this is an outstanding service pistol, with a pretty amazing reputation to go with it.  Really looking forward to wringing out both guns side by side the next time I can get to the range.  Hopefully that'll happen before spring thaw  ::).  Later.

Dave 

Offline Tanners Owner

Re: Strayed from the CZ fold...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 08:48:14 PM »
No need to apologize, variety is the spice of life. I just sent my Sig P220 Carry elite to the Sig armorer for his carry package

Am looking forward to comparing it to my CGW tuned P01 & PCR.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 06:34:28 AM »
No need to feel guilty. 

This forum is NOT like the other manufacturer's "fan-boy" sites (I do visit some of them) where they talk-down anything that isn't their brand. 

Members here realize CZs are not the only quality guns in the world and we welcome true and open discussion as it allows for learning and future improvements. Applying the 1st amendment to support the 2nd amendment!  Just put your postings in the right sub-board to help keep things neat and tidy! (Thanks, moderators!).

Many of us have more than just CZs, for example I also have Sigs, Rugers, Dan Wessons, Keltec, H&R, NAA, FNs and S&Ws. (I just don't have enough room on my tag line for any more CZs let alone the other manufacturers!)

These all coexist happily in the safes together!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 06:39:09 AM by rdcinhou »
CZ24,CZ27,CZ38,CZ40P,CZ45,CZ52,Vzor 50,Vzor 70,CZ75BΩ,CZ75D PCR,CZ75 P01,CZ75 P07,SP-01 Phantom,SP01 Tactical,CZ Shadow 2,CZ P09, P10C, CZ82, CZ83, CZ85 PreB, CZ100, CZ 97BE, CZ100, CZ 1911A1, CZ 2075BD RAMI, CZ 452 American, CZ 550 Urban Counter Sniper, CZ 805 Bren,CZ Drake G2, Duo & Z

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 06:44:23 AM »
I've been buying/carrying/shooting various CZ's for about 6 or 7 years now  Didn't buy anything else.

Then, about 3 or 4 months ago I saw an ad for something different.  I'd heard of them and seen pictures but never seen one in real life - an XD .45 acp 5" Tactical with ambidextrous thumb safeties.  A striker fired .45 with same operating mode as the 1911's I sort of grew up with and carried for well over 20 years.  I carry it outside/open carry when working outside my house or in the garage.

The CZ's are still the concealed carry pistols and will continue for that.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 05:51:09 PM »
+1 on the above comments by rdcinhou and M1A4ME.

Congrats Dave on your favorable trade!
As good as CZ's are, there are a few voids in the CZ line that can be filled quite nicely by SIG and other high quality makers.

I believe more than a few Forum members have the P220 in 45ACP; as well as Sig's (sadly discontinued) single stack P239, P238/938 and P365 for which CZ has nothing comparable.

Good choices.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 06:12:24 AM by Vinny »
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 10:01:48 PM »
Great trade i would say. I love me some Sig! My first one, a CPO 1990s made P229 40SW led to a MK25, P226 German frame 40SW, P320 TacOps full size, P320C 9mm, P320SC 9mm, M17 and P320 X-Carry.

All outstanding weapons that I really enjoy. I would think a P220 will be mine as well one day.

Offline bang bang

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 01:13:21 AM »
i dont know where people get the idea of its only 1 way or the highway.

its your $$ and life. Do what you want.  Everyone else does.

If you want to live your life by reviews or Other Peoples opinion, its your choice or if you want to go thought life with blinders on.   

I find that by trying different guns you learn something.  Either good or bad, you still learn something. 

what i learned about the SIG P220 is that its one of the few guns that was designed from the ground up to eat 45 ACP HPs.  So no 1911 to tinker with to make it work with HPs.  Now adays, most i not all are made to eat HPs, but back when i started to buy toys, not so much and i had to take it to my local 1911 guru to have him do his magic to work.

I understand buying something you like and i do the same with CZs, but i dont put blinders on other new toys.  They maybe a jamb-o-matic at the range, but i wont know until that happens.  Sometimes for me, its the uniqueness of the toy thats draws me in.  how it shoots is secondary.  But thats for me and you may have different ideas and standards

anything