Author Topic: P-07 Kadet Sight moved. How do I correct?  (Read 2870 times)

Offline KC Brew

P-07 Kadet Sight moved. How do I correct?
« on: February 01, 2019, 12:42:42 PM »
Unclear what caused it. When I shot it last weekend (~100rds), it was spot on. Was fine when I cleaned it. Maybe transport home? Just pulled it out. Anyway, what tools will I need to recenter? Thanks in advance. LOVE the Kadet. Save tons of money and shoots so great.

Offline aone

Re: P-07 Kadet Sight moved. How do I correct?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 02:23:02 PM »
I would try a plastic/delrin punch. If you don't have one, wrap the tip of a steel punch with electrical tape. It shouldn't take too much effort to move.  Make sure you've loosened any set screws before attempting to drift it.

A little bit of blue loc-tite should keep the set screw from backing out. Do NOT use red loc-tite.

Offline adrian

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 03:38:35 PM »
     Hiya, thx for thread, and bummer it drifted off. Like suggested a non marring tool, may tap right back,I'd found a 3 buck mini mallet in arts crafts wall mart with rubber and plastic ends for such jobs. Czc sells a sight pusher for 90bucks and imagine a LGS would not need 5min ta straighten ya out. The red/blue loc-tite I've used all dried up and crumbled away a few range visits, so good luck. Be well.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 10:46:06 PM by adrian »

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 04:17:21 PM »
Same thing happened to me last week.  Have around 700 rds thru the kit.  I just used a small piece of wood and hammered the sight to center.  Used blue loctite and and the smallest allen wrench of my 8 key set to tighten.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 07:01:00 PM »
Same thing happened to my Kadet kit for my P-07. I loosened the set screw and could move the sight by hand.
I used blue Loctite on the set screw when I repositioned the sight.
"1776" - Part II

Offline KC Brew

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 01:24:15 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I'll get some blue locktite. Frankly it's a relief to know I'm not the only one who experienced this. I showed it to LGS and he used a sight pusher to re center. I've got a pretty got Allen wrench set so I'll use the wrench and blue loctite to get it secured. Cheers and thanks again!

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 11:35:06 AM »
Just a little additional on this...the grouping was never great when I shot the P-07 using the Kadet kit.  Now it is much better since the sight became loose and I repositioned it..  I wonder if the sight was always loose or positioned wrong at the factory to begin with.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt

Offline eastman

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 10:59:54 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I'll get some blue locktite. Frankly it's a relief to know I'm not the only one who experienced this. I showed it to LGS and he used a sight pusher to re center. I've got a pretty got Allen wrench set so I'll use the wrench and blue loctite to get it secured. Cheers and thanks again!

note that blue loctite should be shaken to mix before using (it will separate in the tube/bottle)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Tok36

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 11:10:15 PM »
note that blue loctite should be shaken to mix before using (it will separate in the tube/bottle)

Good tip, i had not heard that one.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline KC Brew

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 02:18:13 AM »
Thank you for that info!

Offline BKmetz

• I'm 100% Slavic so CZ works for me.
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 01:59:34 AM »

My god, the same thing happened with my P09 Kadet kit after a hundred rounds. I found a small Allen wrench in my tool drawer that fit. It's tiny and that's all I know about the size.

I tapped the sight back to center with a brass/plastic punch hammer and tightened the set screw. I didn't have any loctite around so I'll see how it goes the next time I'm plinking with 22lr.

Oh yeah, I forgot to use the plastic side of the hammer for the first few taps. DOH! :P Any easy way to remove the brass marks on the sight?

Shoot more and worry less.

:)
You can always tell a Slovak, but you can't tell him much. Just ask my wife. ;)

Offline painter

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 06:17:56 AM »
Some oil, and a rag, or if that doesn't, work use 000 or 0000 fine steel wool to remove the marks. Rub lightly with the steel wool.

I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline BKmetz

• I'm 100% Slavic so CZ works for me.
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 04:44:09 PM »

I used 0000 steel wool. It took about 1 minute to clean the brass marks off.

Before

After

Thank you.

:)
You can always tell a Slovak, but you can't tell him much. Just ask my wife. ;)