Author Topic: Evo 3 S2 faux suppressor issue  (Read 17383 times)

Offline Asylum9

Re: Evo 3 S2 faux suppressor issue
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2019, 11:21:29 PM »
Would it be possible to use some sort of spring washer or crush washer between the endcap & barrel or barrel threads to keep it from backing off? I use a thin o-ring on my suppressor between the thread adapter and barrel. Seems to help a lot.
ApIII%

Offline M012617

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2019, 12:36:49 AM »
Would it be possible to use some sort of spring washer or crush washer between the endcap & barrel or barrel threads to keep it from backing off? I use a thin o-ring on my suppressor between the thread adapter and barrel. Seems to help a lot.
That's a good suggestion. I'm going to try that and see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Megalobyte69

Evo 3 S2 faux suppressor issue
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2019, 01:51:08 AM »
I removed mine today, I thoroughly degreased the barrel threads, the castle screw threads, and areas where the back of the nut gets pulled into the shroud piece while tightening. Added a liberal amount of blue loctite, made sure none got in the muzzle and tightened the thing as tight as it?ll go with a socket wrench and the HB ind. tool. If it comes loose, the only alternative would be red loctite I guess. But the thing is, maybe I?m seeing it wrong, but I think the shroud can in fact move slightly clockwise or counter clockwise even if the castle not  is tightened down, because I think it?s only  friction and not the threads themselves that is keeping it from moving. Not positive but if true, it?s an issue CZ should address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:13:41 AM by Megalobyte69 »

Offline spoooon

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2019, 09:28:41 AM »
I think you're right that it's friction holding it in place. It makes sense from when you take it apart. Disappointing in a way because of that movement. A spacer might help, but I'm sure it would damage the noosprey. I think I'm going to just get a compensator or something for mine.

Offline spoooon

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2019, 05:43:20 PM »
Bought the KAW Valley linear comp. I'll update when it gets here. If it works out, might replace with a Barking Spider. I have one on my .300 pistol and it's sweet.

Offline Malloc

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2019, 05:46:04 PM »
I just got the “loosening issue”. I took 2 nickels, clamped them together in a vice grip, and ground them into a “T” shape for a wrench. I put a small o-ring on the barrel threads and cranked the nut down. So far so good. Now to get this binary trigger to work 100%...

Offline AUG41

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2019, 09:59:50 PM »
Noticed today mine did a small rotation as well. Was able to hand tighten back. Hope a fix is in the works seems like it’s an issue brewing. My gun guy is a silencerco dealer and he has the tools but it’s still annoying if you are fixing instead of shooting.

Offline gtmtnbiker98

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2019, 09:53:54 PM »
Pisses me off, my one week old 210 round Micro started this crap on the first range trip.

Offline spoooon

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2019, 10:04:46 PM »
Pisses me off, my one week old 210 round Micro started this crap on the first range trip.

Save yourself some annoyance and just replace it. KAW Valley Linear Comp, Spike's Tactical Barking Spider both fit. I've used both on mine.

Offline Tommydogg

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2019, 12:40:24 AM »
I fixed mine! 

Offline Cohenj87

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2019, 07:30:13 PM »

Save yourself some annoyance and just replace it. KAW Valley Linear Comp, Spike's Tactical Barking Spider both fit. I've used both on mine.

Can you post a pic, also is it the 1/2x28 threading? I got mine too the range today finally and put 500 rounds through it and the faux moves back or forth.

Offline spoooon

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2019, 08:45:04 PM »
When it had the KAW Valley on it:

With the Barking Spider:

Offline Cohenj87

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2019, 09:34:35 PM »

With the Barking Spider:

It looks amazing either way, which one do you prefer?

Offline spoooon

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2019, 11:43:30 PM »

With the Barking Spider:

It looks amazing either way, which one do you prefer?

I like them both. KAW is super cheap. Barking Spider has a screw on end caps (flash hider and compensator). Helpful I know.

Offline AUG41

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2019, 12:01:29 AM »
Well I got annoyed enough to take of the handguard. Now I see that there was a flange built into the faux suppressor. It locks up against the barrel housing and there is a small gap that will allow the faux suppressor to slightly rotate but not rotate enough to come into contact with the inside of the handguard. So now I feel no need to replace it and maybe to just shim it. In an earlier thread I saw the faux suppressor come into contact with the inside of the handguard. I think there was something definitely wrong with that one. The only way that would happen is that the faux suppressor is actually over a 1/4 inch loose and past the flange.

On page 2 of this thread Tommydogg’s post with pictures it’s the 5th picture down. You can see the part against the barrel housing. Right by the HBI lettering. If it’s installed correctly the faux suppressor will not rotate enough to contact the inside of handguard.

Unless it gets to that point it’s just an annoying quirk to me
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 07:43:06 AM by AUG41 »