Author Topic: TZ 75 tanfoglio safety decocker replacement  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Ljdavidson

TZ 75 tanfoglio safety decocker replacement
« on: March 13, 2019, 02:20:17 PM »
Hello all. I am new to this forum from Washington state. I would like to know were to get info  for a decocker safety replacement. for a EAA Tangfolio FIE pre 88.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: TZ 75 tanfoglio safety decocker replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 02:50:17 PM »
I would search the used gun parts houses and ebay.  Also, EAA might have some parts as they did import some of the Tanfoglio Force Pistols, which use the slide mounted decocker safety.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Ljdavidson

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 02:57:10 PM »
Thanks for the info I have had this tz 75 for 25years and this is the only issue. Do you know if I would have to remove the back sight to remove the safety decoker?

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 05:27:42 PM »
Do you know if I would have to remove the back sight to remove the safety decoker?

No, the Rear Sight just sits in a Dovetail and does not interface with the Safety.

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Ljdavidson

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 08:07:01 PM »
 Just to be straight the safety decocker on this particular TZ model is located on the slide itself. Underneath it there is a spring and detent that pushes The sear connector down and disconnects the trigger and decocks the hammer ,and puts the gun in safe mode. so without removing the rear sight how do you pull out the spring and detent that disconnects The Seer and and locks the firing pin.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 09:53:33 PM »
Just to be straight the safety decocker on this particular TZ model is located on the slide itself. Underneath it there is a spring and detent that pushes The sear connector down and disconnects the trigger and decocks the hammer ,and puts the gun in safe mode. so without removing the rear sight how do you pull out the spring and detent that disconnects The Seer and and locks the firing pin.

Sorry, my Series 88's with the Slide Mounted Decocker Safeties must be different. I've had the Rear Sight off of my Series 88 Compact and there was no Safety Interface there.

Try contacting EAA and see if the Gunsmith there will help you.

Series 88 Compact TA90